Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freeman's Wharfer

VPN

Hoping some of you that are more tech savvy than me on here might be able to offer some advice on this one...

In June I'm going to the World Cup and then travelling for 6 months after. I'll be taking an iPad with me and now that City have been promoted I'd like to be able to keep up to date with Match of the Day and use Sky Player to watch any matches we have televised when I'm not out and about doing something.

I've read online that the best way to do this would be to pay a subscription for a VPN of around £4 a month as that will trick iPlayer/Sky Player into thinking that I'm connecting from the UK.

My questions are... Does anyone on here use one? Are there any particular ones that people would recommend? Is there anything that I need to consider in doing this specifically for use with an iPad?

It won't work for sSKY unless you have a subscription for it. But I get bbc iplayer the itv one 4's and 5's

Edit: you'll be able to watch the basic 2 minute highlights on the sky website but to watch the full games you'll need an account with them

It won't work for sSKY unless you have a subscription for it. But I get bbc iplayer the itv one 4's and 5's

Edit: you'll be able to watch the basic 2 minute highlights on the sky website but to watch the full games you'll need an account with them

Yeah I've got an account with Sky and will set my ipad up as one of the registered devices for SkyGo/SkyPlayer so should hopefully work.

From what I've read you can get some for free but these are obviously very popular so sometimes hard to get a good connection/stream quality? :dunno:

Archived