Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Samsung S5 Help?

I have recently purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S5. I have an external Micro SD Card which I plan to put all my iTunes Music onto however when I have formatted my Micro SD, the format is different to the internal memory. Is there anyway I can get my Micro SD Card to show the same folders as the internal memory instead of

Android >Data > com.google/android.music

Check to see if you can use the external memory like that first. I'm not so sure it will add the new Ext memory to the Intl memory. I use a galaxy S2 and have it rooted so as to have my apps and music etc on the ext memory card, freeing up space on the internal memory. I was told the S2 was the only Galaxy you could do this with but I haven't checked this out. There was an app called App2SD, whether this would help you out or not???

See if you can root your phone (androids "jailbreak") and then the world is your oyster.

Keep us updated.

• 4 months later...

Any particular reason a samsung? id go for lg g3 or htc one m8 or even the new sony z3 you can play ps4 on it hehe

I'd go for the Oneplus one, it's a brilliant spec for not a lot of money and runs Cyanogenmod version of Android which is far better than the main manufacturers butchered and bloated versions of Android.

The Samsung is the only 1 I've ever really considered moving from iphone for. Although a few of the Sonys look good.

Why? Samsung aren't doing much exciting with Android, just flooding the market with subsidised handsets.

Why? Samsung aren't doing much exciting with Android, just flooding the market with subsidised handsets.

To Be honest I don't really have any reason for it. I've just liked what I've saw in video reviews of the S5 and I'd be a liar if I said I had any real knowledge of android or what it can do. Partly why I resurrected this thread.

Currently debating swapping my iPhone for an S5. I'm 50/50 at the moment, can anyone tell me if its worth changing to the s5

I can recommend you the HTC One M8, I've had difficulty making the android jump before as nothing felt like a truly premium upgrade. This phone is amazing though, I also considered the Sony Z3 but was put off by the feel of it as my sister has the Z2 and it's much similar. S5 just seems too plasticky, LG G3 has a fantastic screen but it does also have a drain on the battery for this plus the volume rocker and lock button is on the rear of the phone.

Honestly and truthfully it is your decision alone to make but I've tried Nexus 5 and S3 previously and have ended up binning each one off in the space of 6 months. I've only had my M8 about a month but it has everything I could ever want. USB storage support is amazing too.

I'd go for the Oneplus one, it's a brilliant spec for not a lot of money and runs Cyanogenmod version of Android which is far better than the main manufacturers butchered and bloated versions of Android.

Not that it much use to the OP, but I've just got hold of one of these and its the bollox..... :) £273 all in. Only down side for me atm is Virgin don't do a 4G yet.  EE and 3 are the only companies to offer a 4G service on this phone (band 20) and seeing as I am paying under £18 a month for unlimited everything, I'm reluctant to switch provider.

To the OP. Did you sort your problem out?

Not that it much use to the OP, but I've just got hold of one of these and its the bollox..... :) £273 all in. Only down side for me atm is Virgin don't do a 4G yet. EE and 3 are the only companies to offer a 4G service on this phone (band 20) and seeing as I am paying under £18 a month for unlimited everything, I'm reluctant to switch provider.

To the OP. Did you sort your problem out?

The only UK band the Oneplus is missing is the 800mhz band http://www.4g.co.uk/4g-frequencies-uk-need-know/

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_one-6327.php

sorry fella... I've read it arse about :)

No problem, virgin use the EE network so you should be able to get 4g with them unless they are making you change contract for 4g. My mrs has just changed to a 3 monthly sim only contract that gives her 200 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited 4g data for £15/month.

No problem, virgin use the EE network so you should be able to get 4g with them unless they are making you change contract for 4g. My mrs has just changed to a 3 monthly sim only contract that gives her 200 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited 4g data for £15/month.

I'm considering that next month when my EE contract finally ends. Mostly for the data and the using allowance abroad. Does that apply to that sim only deal?

I'm considering that next month when my EE contract finally ends. Mostly for the data and the using allowance abroad. Does that apply to that sim only deal?

The roaming deal works but you have to have been with them for 1 month and call them to activate it, Mrs is really happy that she'll be able to use her data and calls from the contract when we are in New York next month.

• 1 month later...

Archived