Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

Forza Horizon 2

It's been announced for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 and the game will take in place in Southern Europe.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-forza-horizon-2-announced-for-360-and-xbox-one-is-set-in-southern-europe

Anyone getting this game when it's released ? I will do as I enjoyed the first one and shall pick up the sequel on Xbox 360. Good news for me is that Sumo Digital, who developed the Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed which was a pretty damn good game will develop Horizon 2. The XB1 version should probably give Driveclub which will be released on the PS4 a run for it's money.

Really don't like the way racing games are going/have gone. If you pay £40/£50 for a game you should have the content. Forza, GT etc are just a joke now and I won't be a part of it anymore. Even F1 2013 had a classic mode behind a pay wall which really got my back up. No thanks.

It's the way all genres of games are going unfortunately, although Forza 5 certainly took the piss. I'm not aware of any paywalls in GT6, although micro transactions are available if you're lazy. 

Never played GT6, I just read that you had to play for literally 10's upon 10's of hours to unlock the 'good' cars, your progress (xp whatever it is) is so small and so infrequent that it is as good as a pay wall. I just hope F1 2014 doesn't have the Mercedes costing £10 extra or some crap, wouldn't put it past them.

It is indicative of the industry as a whole, but the racing games (and FPS) seem to really take the biscuit. Especially when stuff is held back from the release just to make you fork out extra, be it day 1 or 2 months down the line. With The Last Of Us and Bioshock Infinite, things like that I don't mind so much, If you enjoyed it you can get 1 or 2 pieces of story driven DLC that they will work on after the game is finished so you can further your enjoyment of the game for a reasonable price.

I heard the same things about GT6 but after playing it for a couple of months it seems to be the easiest GT I've played, in regards to accumulating credits. Thankfully they've done away with the xp system that was in GT5, that really was a piss take. It took me 3 years to reach maximum xp, only for my hard drive to get corrupted a few weeks later!  lol

Anyway, am I right in thinking that Forza Horizon is a more casual racer compared to the main Forza series? If so, the comparison with Driveclub could be quite interesting.

Really don't like the way racing games are going/have gone. If you pay £40/£50 for a game you should have the content. Forza, GT etc are just a joke now and I won't be a part of it anymore. Even F1 2013 had a classic mode behind a pay wall which really got my back up. No thanks.

The good thing is that GT6 have released their DLC for free, even the VGT and the Senna cars. Normally you would pay for those but I'm glad Polyphony Digital aren't ripping off their customers.

Archived