Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Freesat Signal Problems

Hi Guys

Last Wednesday my Sony Bravia went in for repair and it's come back today. I attached all the cables to it and all seemed fine until I got to the Freesat part.

I've connected the cable from my dish into the back of the TV as it has built in freesat, but no signal is coming up when I try and scan for channels. It was working fine before it was taken away for repair a week ago, the fault then was that the screen wasn't coming on.

Please could you help me with any advice, I'm not very good with all of this.

Thank you.

Did they give you any indication of what they actually did to repair the TV?

Sometimes switching between freesat and freeview tuners in TVs (I only have experience of Samsungs so don't know if this applies to Sonys) can be weirdly complicated (compared to just switching inputs or something) so are you sure they didn't reset it back to freeview and it's trying to use the wrong tuner?

Do you have an old Sky box or anything that you can test the dish with just to double check that's still working? Are other things like DVD players working fine on the TV?

All they did was change the power supply so that the TV can come on again, previously when I switched it on a red light flashed 13 times then went off, this kept on happening.

I've got one dish with my Sky HD and Freesat cables attached to it, the Sky box is working fine.

Archived