Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sly1

wifi

It would encourage those who don't watch the game to do it even more! Only time I use my phone is to check half time scores but the Club thankfully put them on the big screens.

lol how do you think massive hotels and conference centres do it? There wouldn't just be 1 BT router lol

Yeah I reckon they should have wifi, in 1 section of the ground so all the numpties that sit there on their phones all game instead of supporting the team can all sit together.

Im not talking about the actually wifi router, the actual internet line into the stadium to cater for the 1000's of people using it along with X number of wifi repeaters. They'd need a massive investment to get anything useable it's pointless.

The other option is some form of 3/4G system around the ground, again a massive investment so that numpties can post on twitter during the match.

It wouldnt work anyway, imagine 1000 people all connecting to the same wifi/internet connection? they'd have to invest in a HUGE connection to make it even usable and that's if only 1000 people use it.

Why do you want to use wifi at the football? :o

The problem is actually the Wi-Fi bandwidth. THere are only so many channels that can be used at once, and with so many users in such close proximity its nearly impossible to serve everyone.

Potentially they could have a multicast of replays etc, but I doubt that we would be allowed to see it (Sky etc).

You will find that your internet connection at home is contended (ie shared between anything upto 100 users), hence the slowdowns when the kids come home from school and start snapchating and torrenting!!

As others have said, we're there to watch the game, its gonna be bad enough with the advertising boards and the screens!

I would like to check the scores during the game but cant as 3G does not seem to work on any network

Why though?

And 3G probably doesn't work because there are hundreds of people trying to connect in one small vicinity.

You're there to watch football.

You don't need the internet for 2 hours. I'm sure you can live with that. Half-time scores and full-time scores get announced at those times. You don't need to check Twitter during the match. You don't need to check Facebook during the match.

I see no reason to have free wi-fi at the ground. It detracts attention away from the football. It disappoints me when I see fans checking scores of other matches whilst at the KP. If you're so interested in another teams' score, go watch that match.

Sez the man with 21,536 Foxestalk posts to his name! ;)

Half time is so boring though - 15 minutes of dullness. Even worse when they get Susan fvcking Boyle or whatever her name is to sing, or Birch presents a massive check to two geeks from the British Red Cross.

I vote yes for wifi.

Interesting thread. It probably wont be too long before wifi is ubiquitous anyway, not just at footy games but where ever you are.

Gillette Soccer Saturday on the back of seats won't need to happen. Google glass will allow you to watch the game live but with Sky Sports in one little corner of your glasses.

You'll also be able to get little tags hovering over the players giving you their names and current game stats.

:sick:

You're probably right though. The Yanks will bring all that it in well before us I imagine. They bloody love a manufactured 'Matchday Experience'.

Honestly can't believe people are opposing this in 2014.

Because there is no benefit to having it at a football ground. As long as people can contact someone in an emergency via mobile then you don't need wifi. It would be such a waste of money.

There is already wifi at the ground. It's supposed to be free but it is password protected and I have never managed to find out the password, even when I did some work there. 

Is this tongue-in-cheek? If so, it's quite funny. If not, it's pretty sad.

Was genuine. Why is it sad?

Categorical no as it will encourage people to just sit there tweeting rather than actually contributing to the atmosphere - not that it doesn't happen in a lot of cases already.

Lmao what a shit atmos at KP #lcfc #loyalsupporters #wearweruwenwershitatmosLAD

I rarely even bring my phone to games. Can safely say I've never checked the wifi at football and I don't see why you would want to. Why not just watch the football.

A mate of mine missed Nugent's winner at Leeds because he was loading up BBC sport for the full times - muppet.

When the game kicked off at 12:15?

Guest MarshallForEngland

Would be interested to know how many people opposed to wifi at the ground are under 40 years old.

Guest MarshallForEngland

Amazing how folks can't go more than two hours without using technology these days. I personally can't wait to get away from it if I go on holiday, away for the weekend or whatever.

That's because you've got no mates.

Guest MarshallForEngland

You are right about that.

Apart from the ones I'm spending time with in the real world instead that is.

Computers and phones and other technological devices do exist "in the real world" you know. The people who put posts on Facebook or publish articles on websites are real, tangible fleshy humans just like you and me.

Archived