Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sly1

wifi

No need to worry then, by the end of the season we'll have 32,000 spectators standing and singing "non-cringeworthy" songs.

To be honest I'm not worried at all and I hope I haven't sounded too reactionary here  :blush: I'm actually very pleased with how things are going, I just feel it's worth putting my point across to help things ticking along in what I think is the right direction.

The installation of WIFI is usually sponsored by the betting companies.  They make huge amounts on live betting services during the game.  I work in the industry, most are pushing hard to get this done.  

Its not at all responsible.

Those of you who struggle getting 3G signal (or have signal but can't send/receive texts & data) - its simply down to the masts that cover the ground being overloaded with the amount of people in the area. I have known people who live near the ground and they lose signal for a couple of hours whenever theres a game on. You'll also notice that signal is much better at cup games when there's a lower attendance. 

If you're on 4G, like I am, then signal is fine as there are less users on it, and the bandwidth capacity is higher.

In terms of offering WiFi to all fans - the costing would be astronomical. Aside providing the infrastructure to create a reliable signal around the whole stadium, dedicated fibre-optic lines would have to be laid to the ground to handle the amount of data 32,000 people would require. It'd be crazy.

Those of you who struggle getting 3G signal (or have signal but can't send/receive texts & data) - its simply down to the masts that cover the ground being overloaded with the amount of people in the area. I have known people who live near the ground and they lose signal for a couple of hours whenever theres a game on. You'll also notice that signal is much better at cup games when there's a lower attendance. 

If you're on 4G, like I am, then signal is fine as there are less users on it, and the bandwidth capacity is higher.

In terms of offering WiFi to all fans - the costing would be astronomical. Aside providing the infrastructure to create a reliable signal around the whole stadium, dedicated fibre-optic lines would have to be laid to the ground to handle the amount of data 32,000 people would require. It'd be crazy.

This is true to an extent, but in reality probably only half (or less) of the crowd would actually use it. I can't imagine old Doris logging on to Facebook at half time.

This is true to an extent, but in reality probably only half (or less) of the crowd would actually use it. I can't imagine old Doris logging on to Facebook at half time.

That's because good old Doris has a life.:thumbup:

It could take off whether people like it or not Man City and Brighton already have wifi installed for fans, Liverpool trialed it and have it in one stand, wembley has it and in America the NFL are looking at introducing it as a stadium requirement in their regulations

Archived