Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

E3

Looks interesting. One of thos e games that will either be great or spectacularly awful on account of trying to do too much.

Yeh it could go either way but the concept is pretty good.

I just wish they'd hurry up and release a multiplayer game like Elite or Frontier on the new consoles, thats the game I've pretty much been waiting 25 years for.

Yeh it could go either way but the concept is pretty good.

I just wish they'd hurry up and release a multiplayer game like Elite or Frontier on the new consoles, thats the game I've pretty much been waiting 25 years for.

You mean a bit like Eve Online

You mean a bit like Eve Online

Yeh pretty much, but ive never had a pc capable of running newer games, always spent the money ive had on consoles instead. I do pc support for my job so the last thing I want to be doing when I get back from work is sitting at a desk with a keyboard and mouse tbh.

Yeh pretty much, but ive never had a pc capable of running newer games, always spent the money ive had on consoles instead. I do pc support for my job so the last thing I want to be doing when I get back from work is sitting at a desk with a keyboard and mouse tbh.

T'aint new donkey's years old Eve online! A game like that is always going to be more at home on the PC. It would be good if one was released on a home console though I agree.

I  think that Microsoft won E3 with their conference. Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Forza Horizon 2 really impressed me plus there was none of the  Kinect shit. Nintendo's show was pretty good I cannot wait for the New Zelda which will be released next year, Super Smash Bros Brawl, their new IP Splatoon and Mario Maker all were really promising. As for Sony's show I was kinda disappointed but, Uncharted 4 and Little Big Planet 3 are a good reason for me to pick up a PS4 in the future.

Oh and it was great to hear that GTA V will be released on PS4, XB1 and PC.  Will definitely pick up the PC version when it is released.

I  think that Microsoft won E3 with their conference. Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Forza Horizon 2 really impressed me plus there was none of the  Kinect shit. Nintendo's show was pretty good I cannot wait for the New Zelda which will be released next year, Super Smash Bros Brawl, their new IP Splatoon and Mario Maker all were really promising. As for Sony's show I was kinda disappointed but, Uncharted 4 and Little Big Planet 3 are a good reason for me to pick up a PS4 in the future.

Oh and it was great to hear that GTA V will be released on PS4, XB1 and PC.  Will definitely pick up the PC version when it is released.

Jesus christ that actually looks like a reasonable and thought out pov without bias.

You aint gonna fit in around here lad.

Microsoft were waving a white flag before E3. They should be thankful that Sony went easy on them.

In terms of this years releases, there's nothing between them although it will be interesting to see how the resolutions/fps compare on these releases.

2015 is Sony's year though. Can't see Microsoft countering with much competition.

MS has Halo 5 in 2015, I'd imagine (rightly or wrongly) that will far outsell all the PS4's exclusives combined, If the 360/ps3 era is anything to go by. Halo 3 alone has just about the same amount sales wise as the entire Uncharted series (including the handheld) combined.

:nigel:

Show me figures.

Well for some reason pasting links on this website is an absolute pain in the arse on my laptop, but the stats say Halo 3 (as of 2012) sold 14.5m copies. All 4 Uncharted games, as of 2012, sold 17.3 million copies. So not quite but that one game in MS's mega franchise has Playstations entire mega franchise pretty much covered. Halo as a franchise has surpassed 46 million copies sold as of 2012(I don't see it, myself, never been a big fan, but there you go). I'm guessing they're the figures because neither franchise has had anything of note out for 2 years. I just can't see Uncharted 4 competing with Halo 5, though with units shipped of the respective consoles and the ever growing stock of Naughty Dog while Bungie are making their own game, maybe it'll be different this gen, but historically MS's exclusives do a lot better than PS's sales wise.

Thats crazy sales for a game i personally thought was terrible. I loved Halo 2 when it came out but Halo 3 i really didnt like. I think it was prob down to playing so much COD that trying to play Halo 3 with all the gay little aliens running around just wound me up.

Uncharted for me is just a gaming masterpiece

Agreed. Halo just has mass appeal while Uncharted, for whatever reason, is a bit more niche. I think people thinking games like The Order selling really well are in for a surprise, The Last Of Us, to an install base of 83+m hasn't shifted 5 million units nearly 12 months on, and that was widely considered game of the year and to many game of the generation, Infamous SS and Killzone SF have sold about 3 million combined. I'd think that 80% of Xbox One owners will buy Halo 5.

on Halo, The Bungie versions did brilliantly well....& rightly so...very good FPS in its own right; but since its gone to a new developer imo...the last 1 didnt do as well as it could have.

Personally think the Halo Collection will sell better than Halo 5. 

have to agree with you there, 

the Wii U figures are pretty poor imo

But still...

PlayStation 4 â€  Sony 2013 7 million [59]

Wii U â€  Nintendo 2012 6.17 million [18]

Xbox One â€  Microsoft 2013 5.1 million [note 3]

Surprising no?

3rd parties won't put their 'big' games onto the WiiU because of the low user base... but it has more than the Xbone...

Not really, it was released a year before the other consoles.

good point. so in 2 yrs the Wii U sells 6.1mil but in 8 months the PS4 sells 7m and the Xbox1 sells 6.1m.....I'd personally say its poor.

and what are the odds people who brought a Wii U at launch trading them in towards an Xbox 1 or PS4, 

3rd Party devs wont release stuff on the Wii U as the install base will/probably is by now lower than the Xbox 1....& just isnt as powerful as the other 2 consoles out on the market atm. not to mention cost too; 

good point. so in 2 yrs the Wii U sells 6.1mil but in 8 months the PS4 sells 7m and the Xbox1 sells 6.1m.....I'd personally say its poor.

and what are the odds people who brought a Wii U at launch trading them in towards an Xbox 1 or PS4, 

3rd Party devs wont release stuff on the Wii U as the install base will/probably is by now lower than the Xbox 1....& just isnt as powerful as the other 2 consoles out on the market atm. not to mention cost too; 

I was at E3 working in the Nintendo booth. Im pretty sure the Wii U is going to take off judging by all the positive comments I heard. One lady even told me she was running out of excuses to play her Xbox !

I was at E3 working in the Nintendo booth. Im pretty sure the Wii U is going to take off judging by all the positive comments I heard. One lady even told me she was running out of excuses to play her Xbox !

I'm sorry but that comment sums up the Wii for me. Excuse me for being sexist but I'm sure their are figures for the majority of hardcore gamers being male.

I admit it's a shame I can't play Mario Kart but would I but a Wii U? No, sorry

Im still unsure myself, given the fact its been out longer than the other 2 consoles already and its trailing in sales behind them both too. Im not by no means saying Nintendo are "crap" and all that; they just took their eye off the ball so to speak; but some of the titles announced at E3 do look really good...but sadly I cant see them giving the console that needed "jump start" it so badly needs, 1 factor being a good number of 3rd party studios seem to have almost thrown the console to the wayside...with titles not being announced for it....or not coming out on the same day as PS4/Xbox1 release date.(watch_dogs for 1)

at times I think Nintendo are between a rock and a hard place with the Wii U.

Archived