Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SOCCERROO FOX

The Tinder Thread

Ugh, I thought I'd found a great match. 5/10 attractiveness (so about bang on for my level), genuine sounding hobbies in her bio, slightly grainy selfie photo instead of the obviously fake airbrushed type. All seemed very real.

Then today I get the usual message asking me to sign up to a webcam site.

Tinder is just as hopeless and depressing as trying to talk to women in real life.

:nigel:

Ugh, I thought I'd found a great match. 5/10 attractiveness (so about bang on for my level), genuine sounding hobbies in her bio, slightly grainy selfie photo instead of the obviously fake airbrushed type. All seemed very real.

Then today I get the usual message asking me to sign up to a webcam site.

Tinder is just as hopeless and depressing as trying to talk to women in real life.

:nigel:

Absolute joke this is.

ugly bots are literally the worst thing in the world. if it's a really fit bot at least you get like half a second of "****ing yeah matched a 9/10 here bro" before realising what you've fallen for. when it's like a 4/10 and you think oh ok can't even be arsed speaking to her yet she's not even that fit and she's still a bot. wow. so cruel. 

sometimes you just get carried away. like muscle memory or something. you swipe right 4 or 5 times in a row and then just carry on for the next 4 or 5 without even thinking and then you do think and the first thought is "wow what the **** am i doing she looks like an out of date cauliflower" but it's way too late then innit. all the fun of the fair. 

What does bots stand for( apart from ruining tinder by the sound of it) is it an abbreviation?

Or am I being really stupid?

They are fake profiles which ask you to sign up to their pathetic site like pay n shit. Never matched with one personally though so not 100% mate.

• Like 2

Marks out of ten are for school spelling tests man. We're all human beings.

yeah but you can't have a wank over personality

Also a Laura of the 23 variety was on the radio

Edited by Wookie

Man asks his exes to rate him on Tinder – and gets WAY more than he bargained for
Jake Chapman's bizarre plan went viral as thousands waited to see the results - and no one could have predicted the outcome

tinder-man.jpg
Ex-factor: Jake Chapman got his ex-girlfriends to review him on Tinder

A love-seeking man who asked his exes to rate him on Tinder got more than he bargained for – and his amazing story has gone viral online.

Fed up of his search for the perfect girlfriend, Jake Chapman decided to have fun with his profile on the love-match app.

And at 1am, the 26-year-old web engineer from Seattle invited his ex-girlfriend's to "write a 1-2 sentence review about me for my Tinder profile and rate me 1-5 stars".

It was a strange strategy – and one that captured the imagination of thousands as he shared his plan on social sharing site Reddit.

Most would predict a car crash finish, or perhaps to be completely ignored.

But he got a reaction few expected - his exes went for it, allowing a now beaming Jake to update his Tinder profile with the line: "Real ex-girlfriends give Jake a **** rating."

Here's what they said – WARNING: Contains some mild swearing

hu96Bdc.jpg

A pleased-with-himself Jake shared his experiment results on Reddit: "Worked out exactly as I thought it would. 1 ex won’t stop texting me now, and the others hate me even more then when they left to begin with. But hey, at least my matches are blowing up baha."

But that wasn't the end of this very public story.

Because another ex, Taylor, was miffed at being left out after spotting the furore about Jake's story online.

She sent her own review by text, which Jake added to his profile.

Giving him four-and-a-half stars it read: "He’s got a job, condo, dog, fast car, can cook, good with his hands :) and is a complete sweetheart. The only thing keeping me from trying to be with him is 1,155 miles."

Three hours later, Taylor messaged again after breaking up with her boyfriend over the review.

Jake Chapman text.jpg

And the following day, Taylor had booked a flight to visit Jake.

Jake Chapman itinerary.jpg

Taylor told Buzzfeed: "Jake and I have known each other for over five years and he’s definitely “the one that got away”.

"I don’t know what the future has in store for us, but I’m excited to fly up and find out."

Ahhhh.....

So it's clearly the way to go, right? If you want to find romance on Tinder ask your exes to review you. Or maybe not.

Would any of you try this out and see what response you get?