Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

Must of been mentioned before but I'll throw it out there aswell, HOW is Tyler Blackett being considered by Roy for the next England squad? Left sided centre back he may be, but he's not even half the player Liam Moore is. The guy must feel he's won the lottery, gets a few games because of a defensive crisis at United, then is being considered for England?! lol

i was sure it was this thread but can't find it, might've been the other premier league one but be arsed reading 90 pages or whatever trying to get it. 

but does anyone remember the two or three posters who agreed that van gaal had done the right thing spending all his money on forwards because once rafael and rojo were fit they'd have a fabulous defence, too. hahahahahaha. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/daniel-agger-brendan-rodgers-liverpool

Seems a very bitter response from someone who just wasn't good enough for Liverpool.

Other players who have played for Rodgers seem to have nothing but praise for his management.

I've not been warned by anyone about my 'language' thanks lol You sound like a Mother or something. Get a grip.

There's a swear filter embedded onto the site, so you can't even read them. ****.

You don't remember me sending you a PM about it then? Grow up.

also dunno how true it is but i was told by a fella in work today who reckons he has a contact somewhere that falcao was offered to nearly every club in europe who he'd realistically want to play for, but they all turned him down because his knee is f ucked to pieces. apparently the main reason united took him on a loan before buying him so if it goes again (which he says it will) they can tell him to piss off. 

makes more sense when you think about the amount of times he avoided going near liam moore after one quite hefty tackle in the first half. will be interesting to see if anything happens here. 

You don't remember me sending you a PM about it then? Grow up.

Maybe it's time to stop with abusive language? I know you might not agree with what people are saying but there becomes a line and you're close to stepping over it.

That's not a warning, is it. I've got one warning point for a totally unrelated subject.

Like I said, get a grip you tool.

Must of been mentioned before but I'll throw it out there aswell, HOW is Tyler Blackett being considered by Roy for the next England squad? Left sided centre back he may be, but he's not even half the player Liam Moore is. The guy must feel he's won the lottery, gets a few games because of a defensive crisis at United, then is being considered for England?! lol

Completely laughable that he's been included if so and just adds weight to the argument that bigger clubs' players are given favourable treatment. I think it's a bit premature to start saying Moore should be included, but I take that back entirely if Blackett gets in. Blackett has not been better than Moore, in the same number of top flight games too. No way on earth.

also dunno how true it is but i was told by a fella in work today who reckons he has a contact somewhere that falcao was offered to nearly every club in europe who he'd realistically want to play for, but they all turned him down because his knee is f ucked to pieces. apparently the main reason united took him on a loan before buying him so if it goes again (which he says it will) they can tell him to piss off. 

makes more sense when you think about the amount of times he avoided going near liam moore after one quite hefty tackle in the first half. will be interesting to see if anything happens here. 

Wouldn't rule that out. I thought he was pretty poor on Sunday to be honest. Very good cross for the goal but other than that he was largely anonymous.

Completely laughable that he's been included if so and just adds weight to the argument that bigger clubs' players are given favourable treatment. I think it's a bit premature to start saying Moore should be included, but I take that back entirely if Blackett gets in. Blackett has not been better than Moore, in the same number of top flight games too. No way on earth.

If Tyler Blackett is actually picked for England it just doesn't add weight to that, it confirms what we all know 100%. I'd sack Roy on the spot if he did it.

A guy who couldn't get in the Blackpool or Birmingham teams at times last season and then called upto England as he has started a handful of games for Man Utd. Incredible.

P.S Avatar lol lol

Wouldn't rule that out. I thought he was pretty poor on Sunday to be honest. Very good cross for the goal but other than that he was largely anonymous.

Second half he was absolute wank.

If you'd taken someone to watch their very first game of football and you'd asked them to guess who was the former non-league player and the former ballon d'or nominated player you could bet they'd mix Vardy and Falcao up.

Maybe it's time to stop with abusive language? I know you might not agree with what people are saying but there becomes a line and you're close to stepping over it.

That's not a warning, is it. I've got one warning point for a totally unrelated subject.

Like I said, get a grip you tool.

Virgin.

--

lol Blackett has been mentioned for England? I seen people trying to say he has been United's best defender this season, but never seen that! I know we had a good in-depth chat about Liam Moore in here, but if Blackett was called up ahead of Liam then I would retire International duty if I was Liam Moore, that would be criminal. Would be typical Hodgson though. 

Also read earlier than Van Gaal is going to give Luke Shaw his first start this weekend after he 'proved his fitness', not purely on the basis they have no defenders this weekend v West Ham apart from Rafael, Smalling, Rojo and Shaw. How the media try and still make Man United out to be a force is laughable. 

Interesting that view on Falcao, Scouse, pretty logical now you have said that. 

Because of who he plays for.

We can talk about Moore, Drinkwater and James on here - Stringer and Bourne can mention it - but they won't play for England while they play for Leicester.

You only have to look at Chambers. Moves from Southampton to Arsenal, next minute he's in the England squad.

If Tyler Blackett is actually picked for England it just doesn't add weight to that, it confirms what we all know 100%. I'd sack Roy on the spot if he did it.

A guy who couldn't get in the Blackpool or Birmingham teams at times last season and then called upto England as he has started a handful of games for Man Utd. Incredible.

P.S Avatar lol lol

I personally think it's too early for either Blackett or Moore, but if one of them is actually going to be thrown in then it's not even a contest. One of them has been part of a defence that has conceded 8 against Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Stoke & Man Utd. The other has been part of a defence that has conceded the same number against Sunderland, Swansea, Burnley, QPR & Leicester. Even when you go back to last year, Moore was our second most played defender in a team that got 102 points, what did Blackett do? Played for two of the worst sides I have ever seen stay up at that level.

Completely ridiculous if Blackett gets called up.

Yours isn't bad either :D

Because of who he plays for.

We can talk about Moore, Drinkwater and James on here - Stringer and Bourne can mention it - but they won't play for England while they play for Leicester.

You only have to look at Chambers. Moves from Southampton to Arsenal, next minute he's in the England squad.

The fact Chris Smalling got in England's squad above Curtis Davies too.

The England set up is absolutely rotten.

I personally think it's too early for either Blackett or Moore, but if one of them is actually going to be thrown in then it's not even a contest. One of them has been part of a defence that has conceded 8 against Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Stoke & Man Utd. The other has been part of a defence that has conceded the same number against Sunderland, Swansea, Burnley, QPR & Leicester. Even when you go back to last year, Moore was our second most played defender in a team that got 102 points, what did Blackett do? Played for two of the worst sides I have ever seen stay up at that level.

Completely ridiculous if Blackett gets called up.

Yours isn't bad either :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11114704/Roy-Hodgson-considering-fast-tracking-Manchester-United-defender-Tyler-Blackett-into-senior-England-squad.html

Some of the comments from Birmingham fans lol

I follow Birmingham, we had blackett on loan last season, the worst player ive seen down there in many a year, he was taken off at and before half time in two matches. If this guy makes it into the England squad Boring Roy needs his head looking at!

Blackett was on loan with us at Birmingham for the second half of last season. His performances were absolutely shocking - not only did he give away goal after goal, he displayed no spirit whatsoever and contributed nothing to the cause. Fortunately, our clueless manager dropped him before the end of the season, just in time for us to avoid relegation by the skin of our teeth. It is laughable that he should be playing in the Premiership - let alone being spoken of as an England player. I wonder if the journeyman Hodgson has actually ever seen him play?

Sorry for de-railing the thread Grandad (that said might be doing you a favour atm :ph34r: )

Surely even our football public can't fall for it if Sky and Media seriously try to trump up Blackett as a hot prospect?

I'd love to see us select a side from the bottom half of the division, maybe we would turn in a side that has the spirit of a Costa Rica or Chile and we might surprise a few. Shame we'll never know if it will.

The Blackett call-up thing is almost a parody of the problem English football has.

1. Young players (let's call them X) showing good form at smaller clubs, playing regularly.

2. Other young player (he's Y) showing average-to-terrible form at a big club.

3. Y selected. X aren't.

4. Players X think the only way to get in the England squad is to play for a big club.

5. X join big clubs, sit on bench, progression halted.

6. X get call ups.

7. England remain fvcking shite.

To be fair, Blackett qualifies for a bottom half team lol

I agree with the sentiment but it'll never happen. It's a shame that we're so stale as a national side yet there seems to be so little desire to change it.

Bottom half of the Championship! 

Roy picking players like Tyrone Blackett for the England squad would be the nail in the coffin for me, and I'd question what he fvcking does with his life.

Until then, its all a joke and it'll never happen lol.

The Blackett call-up thing is almost a parody of the problem English football has.

1. Young players (let's call them X) showing good form at smaller clubs, playing regularly.

2. Other young player (he's Y) showing average-to-terrible form at a big club.

3. Y selected. X aren't.

4. Players X think the only way to get in the England squad is to play for a big club.

5. X join big clubs, sit on bench, progression halted.

6. X get call ups.

7. England remain fvcking shite.

In a nutshell. Pitiful, rotten set up and an embarrassment.

Didnt want to start a new thread, this is premier league chit chat.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/23/manchester-united-should-be-top-of-the-league-according-to-bookmakers-table-but-arsenal-and-chelsea-are-overachieving-4879279/

League table based on opening fixture odds.

As good as that looks for us - surely Villa are bigger over-achievers? lol

As good as that looks for us - surely Villa are bigger over-achievers? lol

Based on where we should be, yeah. But I'd argue we've still had the tougher start (actually backed up by the fact we "should be 20th") but here goes anyway...

Aston Villa - Leicester City

Stoke (a) - Everton (h)

Newcastle (h) - Chelsea (a)

Hull (h) - Arsenal (h)

Liverpool (a) - Stoke (a)

Arsenal (h) - Manchester United (h)

I'm going to be very annoyed if Markovic starts the Derby tomorrow, was terrible in midweek and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven, especially when it will be physical. 

Suggestions Moreno could be used as a left winger tomorrow, much prefer that. 

Two sides in out of sorts form and neither can defend.. GOALS. 

Archived