Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

Anyone see Chadli be booked for cupping his ear? Game's gone.

Note that Gerrard didn't when he cupped his - let's be honest it's equally as likely that a Scouser of any persuasion would take such exception to it that the hop over the barriers and stick one on Gerrard as it is for one of these rich twats paying £2k for a ST at the Emirates' library to do the same to Chadli.

Joke.

Guest MattP

Rodgers really has ballsed it up this summer.

Nightmare situation for them now, could be 6 points off Basel with two to play.

Rodgers really has ballsed it up this summer.

Nightmare situation for them now, could be 6 points off Basel with two to play.

It's a transfer window that has reeked of Spurs in 2013 and spending lots on plenty of players to replace one.

They really should've capitalised on the fact they were playing in Europe's premier competition and bought accordingly but seem to have spent a lot on players that haven't really taken them up a level, they appear to have gone backwards if anything.

One clean sheet in fifteen games minus 35 goals and the psychological power of Suarez in the team and 117 million spent in the window equals Rodgers sacked before the season ends if these results continue...

Their only win at home in the League V Southampton they were lucky. And got away with another against a Bulgarian Village team.

Easy defeats at West Ham, Man City and a home defeat to Villa and now Basel. I know which L has started better and is playing better this season in all positions.... Mignolet is young and career may go backwards now he is in a drifting ship. A few more bad results and it may sink.

One clean sheet in fifteen games minus 35 goals and the psychological power of Suarez in the team and 117 million spent in the window equals Rodgers sacked before the season ends if these results continue...

Their only win at home in the League V Southampton they were lucky. And got away with another against a Bulgarian Village team.

Easy defeats at West Ham, Man City and a home defeat to Villa and now Basel. I know which L has started better and is playing better this season in all positions.... Mignolet is young and career may go backwards now he is in a drifting ship. A few more bad results and it may sink.

Ludogorets?

Guest Col city fan

Are those who claimed Balotelli would be a good signing (or great signing) for Liverpool, thinking again?

And Gerrard is finally showing he's about on the downslide.

I can't yet see anything much in Rodger's summer signings?

Anyone see Chadli be booked for cupping his ear? Game's gone.

Note that Gerrard didn't when he cupped his - let's be honest it's equally as likely that a Scouser of any persuasion would take such exception to it that the hop over the barriers and stick one on Gerrard as it is for one of these rich twats paying £2k for a ST at the Emirates' library to do the same to Chadli.

Joke.

Wrong, he was booked for his celebrations v Everton.

So maybe before ranting and having a pop at someone and calling them something that ridiculous, have a look before. 

Grandad, what are your opinion on this weekend, do you think Liverpool will beat West Brom? 

I really wouldn't be surprised if we SLIPPED up and drew, not the greatest preparation only one day training, they haven't trained today apparently, they were called in for a dressing down and a relax session. Hope Rodgers has read the riot act to a few of them. 

Sturridge will be back this Saturday though and that will be a massive boost, hopefully that will mean Markovic will be out of the side for a while, he really hasn't adjusted to English football yet. 

I wouldn't say all of Rodgers signings have been a disaster, Manquillo and Moreno have settled well into the side, Lallana looks very much a Liverpool player and when we return to winning ways he will be viewed and appreciated a lot more from non-Liverpool fans. Lambert, Markovic and Balotelli haven't got going at all. 

Coincidentally Balotelli's best performance for us and Liverpool's best performance all season was when he partnered Sturridge upfront in our 3-0 win away to Spurs. 

As long as Liverpool fans and the media don't start slating Rodgers and want him out then I am still confident Rodgers can turn this blip in form around and get us back on the charge, 4 good games for us now as well in the League, I know you can't expect to win every game but we should be beating West Brom, QPR, Newcastle and Hull. 

Joe Allen has been a huge miss for us as well, as hard as that is to believe. 

Is that a mistype on the 35 goals? Because we have only conceded 25 in our last 15 games.

Last 15 competitive games we have scored 25 and conceded 25, still not great reading. 

Another thing I would like to point too, you all keep comparing us to Spurs, which is fair enough, you keep saying they never replaced Bale, Spurs finished only 3 points worse off last year compared to the season before where they had the PFA Player of the Year Gareth Bale, I would be more than happy to 'do a Spurs'.

Wrong, he was booked for his celebrations v Everton.

So maybe before ranting and having a pop at someone and calling them something that ridiculous, have a look before. 

I really wouldn't be surprised if we SLIPPED up and drew, not the greatest preparation only one day training, they haven't trained today apparently, they were called in for a dressing down and a relax session. Hope Rodgers has read the riot act to a few of them. 

Sturridge will be back this Saturday though and that will be a massive boost, hopefully that will mean Markovic will be out of the side for a while, he really hasn't adjusted to English football yet. 

I wouldn't say all of Rodgers signings have been a disaster, Manquillo and Moreno have settled well into the side, Lallana looks very much a Liverpool player and when we return to winning ways he will be viewed and appreciated a lot more from non-Liverpool fans. Lambert, Markovic and Balotelli haven't got going at all. 

Coincidentally Balotelli's best performance for us and Liverpool's best performance all season was when he partnered Sturridge upfront in our 3-0 win away to Spurs. 

As long as Liverpool fans and the media don't start slating Rodgers and want him out then I am still confident Rodgers can turn this blip in form around and get us back on the charge, 4 good games for us now as well in the League, I know you can't expect to win every game but we should be beating West Brom, QPR, Newcastle and Hull. 

Joe Allen has been a huge miss for us as well, as hard as that is to believe. 

Cheers, I am leading a football prediction league with the top prize of £250 and I wanted to do my research before predicting this weekend results. 

Think he meant minus Suarez's 35 goals.

Oh, fair enough, my mistake. 

Still, people bang on about Suarez, how can you replace someone who is that good? You can't. He is a top 3 player in the world. 

Sturridge will hopefully be back tomorrow and then we should be back among the goals and climb the table. 

Still, people bang on about Suarez, how can you replace someone who is that good? You can't. He is a top 3 player in the world. 

Sturridge will hopefully be back tomorrow and then we should be back among the goals and climb the table. 

Definitely missed Sturridge, looking forward to seeing him back performing. Wouldn't be surprised at all for his return to see an upturn in your form.

Definitely missed Sturridge, looking forward to seeing him back performing. Wouldn't be surprised at all for his return to see an upturn in your form.

Yeah we have missed him and Joe Allen, massively. Since their departure we haven't won a League game, not played the diamond and have played a system that doesn't work with our kind of players. 

Sturridge returning should mean Markovic will leave the side and return with a side looking like this.. 

Mignolet

Manquillo -- Skrtel -- Lovren -- Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson -- Lallana

Sterling

Balotelli -- Sturridge

Huge improvement already, and gives more depth from the bench, especially when Johnson, Allen and Sakho comeback into the side. If we have to play 4-3-3 again I would really like us to play Enrique LB and then Moreno as the LW. 

And surely the Suarez loss will only be truly felt from later this month as he is banned and would have missed these matches anyway?

And surely the Suarez loss will only be truly felt from later this month as he is banned and would have missed these matches anyway?

Exactly, another thing people seem to forget, as soon as we have dropped points this season so many people have said "they would of won that with Suarez.." Well we wouldn't have.. 

Archived