Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

:mellow:

That's not really fair as you've taken that way out of context.

As soon as "gay" is mentioned why do so many people get defensive about it? I'm not condoning it (please I don't want to be branded homophobic again) but there's so much worse that gets said on here.

Is he though?

Shock another moron comes in just to have a moan.. 

A thread where you don't like the person who posts in it about a club you don't like and you KEEP coming in and arguing and making comments, so pathetic. 

In other Liverpool news..

Jordan Henderson is getting a new 5 year contract! 

Future Liverpool and England captain. 

Because he used his supposed homosexuality as a reason for his life being at rock bottom? 

Don't forget being a closet Man United fan and Ginger.

Feel like I've aged a lot in a short space of time reading all this lol

I'm warming to Henderson more and more as a player.

I don't get why these players don't play with the same intensity for England as they do for their clubs, in-particular Liverpool. I see Henderson darting all over the place for Liverpool, for England he's largely a passenger.

**** adapting to how other teams play. We could do some serious damage if we played at a decent tempo.

The Premier League's crap this year. I prefer it actually being in it (naturally) but it would be shit as a neutral. Barring injuries there's only one place that title's heading to. I can see Chelsea getting over 90 points. The only points they've dropped this season was in their hardest fixture.

Lampard's proving to be an asset for Man City. They're going to really miss him I reckon. Not to mention Toure at the cup of nations too.

Total, utter one horse race. It'll be like the Bundesliga.

Third place is quite a funny one. Not a single top sides grabs me any more than Southampton at the minute. That will change though as I'm pretty sure they won't keep this up and they, like last year, have had a relatively easy start.

Absolutely adamant QPR & Burnley will be relegated unless QPR **** saggy face off and bring in someone like Pulis. Then again I'm not sure even he could sort that mess out.

Feel like I've aged a lot in a short space of time reading all this lol

I'm warming to Henderson more and more as a player.

I don't get why these players don't play with the same intensity for England as they do for their clubs, in-particular Liverpool. I see Henderson darting all over the place for Liverpool, for England he's largely a passenger.

**** adapting to how other teams play. We could do some serious damage if we played at a decent tempo.

The Premier League's crap this year. I prefer it actually being in it (naturally) but it would be shit as a neutral. Barring injuries there's only one place that title's heading to. I can see Chelsea getting over 90 points. The only points they've dropped this season was in their hardest fixture.

Lampard's proving to be an asset for Man City. They're going to really miss him I reckon. Not to mention Toure at the cup of nations too.

Total, utter one horse race. It'll be like the Bundesliga.

Third place is quite a funny one. Not a single top sides grabs me any more than Southampton at the minute. That will change though as I'm pretty sure they won't keep this up and they, like last year, have had a relatively easy start.

Absolutely adamant QPR & Burnley will be relegated unless QPR **** saggy face off and bring in someone like Pulis. Then again I'm not sure even he could sort that mess out.

Yeah, that is a good point about Hendo for England. I don't think he is allowed to play his natural aggressive way for England, England don't press high as they are scared of being picked off behind but with the quality of opposition now in this group then we really should be going all out. 

He has become one of most important players at Liverpool, along with Sterling and Sturridge, testament to the lad who was cruelly written off when he first joined and he is still only 24 years old. 

Chelsea have won the League for me. 

The challenge for the 3rd and 4th will be interesting, for saying how poor we have been and shockingly bad defensively, we are still on the same points as Arsenal and only a point off fourth spot, with a good run of Premier League fixtures ahead. Also forgetting Everton are the hardest game Man United have played so far this season, you boys absolutely bullied them and out-classed them in areas and Everton were unfortunate to come away without a point at least, it still isn't great at Old Trafford. 

QPR. lol

it's boss how good henderson is.

he is used more as a shield for england which makes him look shit and makes playing him a bit pointless. no tempo or intensity to his play like you've said, he just goes from side to side and collects the ball and gives it off. usually quite tidily but nowhere near the level he's been hitting for liverpool for about 2 years now. much like sterling on a wing (in the most part) and sturridge being a lone striker, they're the reasons people aren't producing club form for country, because they're being asked to do completely different things, not because they "can't be arsed" or any other crap. 

like you've both said chelsea won the league as soon as costa scored his first goal and proved him and cesc will adapt to that team. they're streets ahead of everyone else. was it you grandad who had 25/1 on them being unbeaten all year? not a bad shout, they looked comfortable away at city and they're the only other team who could come close to challenging them this year. think they've got a shout in europe too if they keep everyone fit and get a decent draw. 

city have second sorted, arsenal will finish in the top 4 somewhere, depends if liverpool or united can get their shit sorted first. gona be close! 

Arsenal are no better than last year yet could well come third in my opinion. I'm not fooled by Man Utd. Beating a slowly starting Everton 2-1 with De Gea as man of the match sounds like the sort of thing you would expect from a midtable side. They're winning games, but unconvincingly. Van Gaal talks the talk but there's too much weakness for them to be up to much in my opinion. I've got a feeling they'll end up below Southampton.

Liverpool will improve when Sturridge returns but I still don't see them being anywhere near at the level of last season.

Everton won't come any higher than 7th. They're playing catch-up already and you could argue they over-achieved last year.

I reckon it'll finish...

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Tottenham

6. Southampton

7. Man Utd

8. Everton

9, Swansea

Can't even decide on the bottom 11. I could genuinely see us getting 10th if we wake the hell up. I still don't think we've played our strongest XI yet.

Yeah, had £20 on it earlier mate. If they were still to play City away I don't think I would of done it, and with their record against the big teams I am confident they could achieve the seemingly impossible, would be some achievement but with their squad then it's possible. Long, long way to go. 

Hendo is boss, simple as that. Anyone who thinks different is a fool. Glad you know it's been two years as well since his turn in form, Rodgers has took the kid to a whole new level, people blasted Kenny for the signing but he has turned out to be tremendous business, probably along with Jose Enrique as well. 

Everton? I really thought they were going to be a proper top four challenger this season. 

I think the Europa League will hamper both them and Spurs, can see them both going far in the competition and their League form stumbling in the process. 

yeah can't work Everton out. quite a tough start, granted, but some massively winnable games that they haven't won. defence looks a shambles and lukaku looks worth about 28 quid not 28 million. huge gamble not currently paying off there.

i laughed with the rest when he paid 16 (?) million for henderson and he wasn't shining immediately. but it's been a good two years now that he's been constantly improving and in the past 6 months or so has been one of liverpools best players and one of the league's best midfielders. glad to see him bringing back the back heeled assist at the weekend too :D hadn't seen one for a while.

I wonder what the odds would be if you backed Chelsea DNB every game and if it would come to more than 25/1?

I'm not sure they'll go unbeaten. Don't think it's beyond them to lose away at a Palace kind of side again.

It's boring - but in a way it's refreshing having a genuinely top side in England again. Man City have been good, but never brilliant, and they've probably been the best side overall in the last few years in this country. This Chelsea side could challenge for the Champions League IMO.

yeah can't work Everton out. quite a tough start, granted, but some massively winnable games that they haven't won. defence looks a shambles and lukaku looks worth about 28 quid not 28 million. huge gamble not currently paying off there.

i laughed with the rest when he paid 16 (?) million for henderson and he wasn't shining immediately. but it's been a good two years now that he's been constantly improving and in the past 6 months or so has been one of liverpools best players and one of the league's best midfielders. glad to see him bringing back the back heeled assist at the weekend too :D hadn't seen one for a while.

I get the hint their defence has shot-it a bit. Jagielka/Distin aren't what they were and I believe any good side is based on a good defence. Hence why I don't think much of Man Utd.

Guest Col city fan

Sorry Grandad, or Uncle Albert or whatever your bloody name is. It looks like Man U are going to get ahead of you again.

Brendan has signed some dodgy players it would seem? Balotelli being one of them. And im afraid Stevie G is looking past being the top player he undoubtedly was.

Because he used his supposed homosexuality as a reason for his life being at rock bottom? 

As well as using 'ginger' and being a 'Manchester United fan'. It's not like he just said "oh he's gay, now his life is at rock bottom".

Guest MattP

Anyone out there still standing by the comments from the summer that '5 or 6 teams can win the Premier League'?

I'd say we're staring down a Bundesliga situation if we aren't careful with Chelsea just being chased by Man City and the rest playing for 3rd...

Anyone out there still standing by the comments from the summer that '5 or 6 teams can win the Premier League'?

I'd say we're staring down a Bundesliga situation if we aren't careful with Chelsea just being chased by Man City and the rest playing for 3rd...

The bit about Man City/Dortmund didn't even occur, it could well do.

I don't get how as a league, the Premier League doesn't seem to really improve in standard despite spending the most as a league by an absolute mile.

Sorry Grandad, or Uncle Albert or whatever your bloody name is. It looks like Man U are going to get ahead of you again.

Brendan has signed some dodgy players it would seem? Balotelli being one of them. And im afraid Stevie G is looking past being the top player he undoubtedly was.

How have you come to that conclusion? 

Because they are 1 point ahead of Liverpool after narrowly beating a poor Everton side this season 2-1, where Everton missed a penalty and the Man United goal keeper made two world class saves and was MOTM? Incredible that. 

Dodgy signings? Like I said earlier in the thread, judge Balotelli when he has played games with Daniel Sturridge, they have played once together for Liverpool and we absolutely cruised to victory away to Spurs. Moreno has been a good signing so far, Manquillo has been solid, Lallana is looking very much a Liverpool player, Lambert wasn't signed to set the Premier League on fire and Lovren yeah I will give you has been 'dodgey'..

We are level on points with Arsenal and a point off fourth and 3 off 3rd with a good run of games coming up in the League.. lol Disaster season so far for Liverpool 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived