Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

yeah i was amazed we've won the same amount of games as arsenal, harder games too haha. very tight really from city down. chelsea will walk the league, aguero will keep city competitive for a bit but as soon as he gets injured again they'll finish a distant second but still ahead of the pack. who that pack will be headed by is absolutely anyone's guess! 

when's sturridge back? more and more obvious he's essential as a player and for the system every game you play imo. 

Two to four weeks, we have a nice run of league fixtures coming up so I would rather Sturridge comeback fully 100% fit, not rush him because we are desperate for him to comeback and bang in the goals. 

Thought of Sterling in a false 9 role really excites me. Wouldn't mind seeing Borini and Lambert start together as well in the Capital One Cup. 

not too long then, seems like he's been out for ages.

sterling can play anywhere but is most effective through the middle. be an interesting one for sure. gotta say i completely forgot Lambert even played for you until someone mentioned him in work the other day. odd that he's had barely any game time at all even with sturridge being injured.

defence still a bigger issue than attack even without sturridge tho imo, got completely rinsed by bobby zamora for 45 minutes at the weekend man!

nice run of league fixtures with a double header vs madrid thrown in though :D

not too long then, seems like he's been out for ages.

sterling can play anywhere but is most effective through the middle. be an interesting one for sure. gotta say i completely forgot Lambert even played for you until someone mentioned him in work the other day. odd that he's had barely any game time at all even with sturridge being injured.

defence still a bigger issue than attack even without sturridge tho imo, got completely rinsed by bobby zamora for 45 minutes at the weekend man!

nice run of league fixtures with a double header vs madrid thrown in though :D

To be honest if we don't progress out of the Champions League group I am not going to be that heartbroken about it, could really come down to a head to head v Basle, second place doesn't go on goal difference does it? Just your head to head v each other.. 

yeah beat them more than 1-0 at Anfield (when have you ever won a game 1-0 lol) and you're through basically, unless they do something mental in their game vs madrid.

bit of an odd season for a lot of clubs already now. likes of liverpool, arsenal, united. not gonna win the league. not gonna (realistically?) win the champions league. not arsed about the league cup. fa cup a target? or is it all just about finishing 4th and starting again next year already?!

yeah beat them more than 1-0 at Anfield (when have you ever won a game 1-0 lol) and you're through basically, unless they do something mental in their game vs madrid.

bit of an odd season for a lot of clubs already now. likes of liverpool, arsenal, united. not gonna win the league. not gonna (realistically?) win the champions league. not arsed about the league cup. fa cup a target? or is it all just about finishing 4th and starting again next year already?!

Champions League 1/4 Finals, good FA Cup run and top four would be a good season for me. 

Balotelli clearly plays better with a strike partner. I can't see why Rogers hasn't tried the diamond with Sterling upfront with Balo. Lallana can play just in behind.

I don't think it would matter if he had 5 people around him. All he seems to want to do is try about 10 step overs and get a shot away regardless of his position or his team mates.

Guest Col city fan

Liverpool are being, quite simply, outclassed tonight. The signing of 'super mario' is becoming something of a joke I'm afraid.

Liverpool are being, quite simply, outclassed tonight. The signing of 'super mario' is becoming something of a joke I'm afraid.

I, quite simply, agree. Real have been fantastic tonight, different level. "Super Mario" more like "Mari oh no" imo.

I know Suarez was a worker but really shows how much of one he was when you compare him to Balotelli.

Liverpool woefully out of their depth here, becoming quite obvious last season was a case of form is temporary class is permanent with the former unfortunately applying.

I, quite simply, agree. Real have been fantastic tonight, different level. "Super Mario" more like "Mari oh no" imo.

More like Mario's chippy.

To be fair, Real Madrid would absolutely outclass most teams in the World. They were excellent tonight. Ronaldo's first goal was brilliant, as was the move in the second half when he missed the one on one.

Thankfully I have been on a golf trip since last Wednesday where they didn't have Sky and no Wi-Fi so I didn't have to sit through the Real Madrid game, from the sounds of it we had a decent first 20 minutes and that was as good as it got.

Losing 3-0 to Real Madrid is no embarrassment, especially after their result this weekend as well.

Rodgers needs to address a lot of things though, defence is so weak at set pieces and we have become so slow in our game.

Just browsing the main LCFC forum and see RDL is taking a lot of stick for the second goal on Saturday, am I missing something or was Liam Moore more at fault than De Laet?

I think Moore is getting some stick too.

It was clearly Moore's fault, I can't understand where people are coming from blaming it primarily on de Laet. It was terrible defending all round though - I'm sure you can sympathise :D

I think Moore is getting some stick too.

It was clearly Moore's fault, I can't understand where people are coming from blaming it primarily on de Laet. It was terrible defending all round though - I'm sure you can sympathise :D

Liverpool's defending has been 10 times worse than that of Leicester's on Saturday, a lot worse.

Crazy from Liam Moore though, dropping the line when everyone pushed up and why on earth go to the goal line and leave your man? Echos what I was saying a few months ago about him after the Arsenal game.

Just browsing the main LCFC forum and see RDL is taking a lot of stick for the second goal on Saturday, am I missing something or was Liam Moore more at fault than De Laet?

Liam Moore can get away with anything and do no wrong in a lot of our fans eyes. It's ridiculous people are blaming RDL for the second goal.

Liam Moore can get away with anything and do no wrong in a lot of our fans eyes. It's ridiculous people are blaming RDL for the second goal.

Went out for a curry with Liam Moore after the newcastle game. Top bloke. He cant do any wrong so LAY OFF HIM haha

• 2 weeks later...

liverpool's defence lol 

4 chelsea men unmarked at the back post/in the six yard box from a corner. great stuff from goal line technology, love it when it makes a decision that would've been wrong if we didn't have it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not coming in here to take the piss or anything, just this is the only place I can talk about last nights game. 

Before I get started, I can't be bothered to argue and I am not 'trolling' so if you disagree with me the fair enough, do it in away without referring to me as a 'Scouse whatever' and just making yourself look a fool. And yes, I was at the game last night, in the away end. 

Just watched the game back this morning (sober) and my opinion hasn't really changed much since last night, I don't think you're as bad as a lot of your fans are making out and the moaning needs to stop, I think personally. Fair enough, it must be hard seeing the results since that Man United win but you really aren't a worse side than QPR, Burnley, Hull and Sunderland, not having that for one minute and on this occasion the League table is lying. 

The big Polish lad was by far your stand out player, then I thought Cambiasso and James had good games in the middle for you, then nobody else really stood out. Think a few of you got really carried away with the Jamie Vardy for England thing didn't you? Seen nothing last night from him. 

Thought we controlled the game quite well, you stepped it up after going down to 10 men but never really scared us, had the Cambiasso shot that Vardy blocked but I think Mignolet has that covered. God knows what Lee Mason had against Sterling, he wasn't throwing himself down to the ground everytime, the majority of them were fouls on the lad and the dive from Vardy is absolutely embarrassing. The Referee on the whole was a joke, very poor Referee and to not give us a penalty for a blatant foul from Schmiechel just summed up his night. 

Henderson, Gerrard, Sterling, Lallana and Lucas were all my stand out players for Liverpool, they were quick to the ball (in the first 75 minutes anyway) and hassled Cambiasso and James like mad. Gerrard was much better a bit more advanced, should still be rested on Saturday mind. Lambert did ok, some good centre forward play but your big Pole dealt with him pretty comfortably on the whole.. Only time Lambert looked a threat last night was whenever he played on Morgan and look how that ended up.. 

Three well taken goals from us, I knew as soon as that ball fell to Gerrard it was in and my shins are pretty non-existent today from the celebrations! Voice has completely gone. Keep reading how poor our away end was, I really don't know people come to this conclusion, again after watching the game back all you can hear on TV is Liverpool fans, apart from the first 5 minutes or so of the second half where L1 sung a song over and over, which is a pretty good song I have to say. When Gerrard scored I haven't heard a chant at the KP from the games I have seen that loud this season, and I am being 100% serious when I say that. 

The creatures in N1 really are the biggest group of virgins you will ever see at a game of football, 15-18 year olds trying to act the big time to grown men and when the grown men step up to them and hide behind a steward, and yes this did happen on numerous occasions last night. 

Pretty disappointed with the Leicester fans, apart from L1 trying to get it going at times, I never heard the Kop at all apart from scoring and when you did score you can hear Liverpool fans getting behind our lads. Couldn't believe it when we did go 2-1 up that Leicester fans never got you boys going and especially when you were dominating with 10 men you should really have made the ground loud. 

Still, 3 points for us and I will say it was deserved, thought we were the better side last night but we weren't great either, first time we have won ugly in a long time! Must win now v Sunderland on Saturday and keep this little run going. 

Sorry if I have ruffled any of you with this post, not intending to troll you all, that is just how I seen it all last night. Peace.

Archived