Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

you bloody Scouse whatever

nah pretty much agree with all that except for the sterling/Lee mason stuff, was shocked how easily he went down every single time anyone was near him early on. no attempt whatsoever to even try and go past de laet in the first half, just ran towards him, did a little roll and then picked the ball up awarding himself a free kick. when he went down in the box when he failed to outpace Paul konchesky and he picked the ball up but nothing was given, no idea how he didn't get booked for handball.

saying that, after he'd spent most the first half looking for fouls and getting then he spent a lot of the second half being fouled and getting nothing (imo), like you say one of the worst refereeing performances i e ever seen. got absolutely everything wrong, from corners/goal kicks (one so obvious it was unbelievable, wasyl or de laet cant remember, booted it out of play and we got a goal kick) to fouls/not fouls. Lucas should definitely have been booked at some stage, 4 or 5 "game breaking" challenges when we were looking to build attacks. I haven't seen it bak but Kasper should be off and Gerrard have a pen from what I saw last night, although that was from the kop, but amazed it wasn't given. Just woeful stuff from him.

As for us, like I said in the lcfc forum I was happier with that than the last few weeks. Gave it a go more, just handed you a goal to go 2-1 up then got a man sent off 5 minutes later which left us with next to no chance really, although like you said we did go shit or bust after that which was nice to see, on a different day one or two bounces here or there mightve got us back to 2-2. But you were always going to score on the counter if we didn't.

As for the fans, ours were awful but I expected that. Liverpool end looked alright, wasn't massively loud or consistent (from the kop). After the second it was good and again after the third until the end. Celebrations were some of the best ive seen at our ground too, the rush down the aisles could be seen clearly from the other end of the ground lol. Better than United I'd say but still nobody has come close to burnley's support for noise/continuous singing yet this season.

This might be my longest ever post on here

Mate Sterling was an embarrassment.

Nah, not really, Leicester fans chanting "You let your country down.." is probably the only embarrassing thing in regards to Sterling last night. 

The majority of them were fouls on him, simple as that and the most blatant dive of the evening was from Jamie Vardy. lol

Nah, not really, Leicester fans chanting "You let your country down.." is probably the only embarrassing thing in regards to Sterling last night. 

The majority of them were fouls on him, simple as that and the most blatant dive of the evening was from Jamie Vardy. lol

He tumbled over every time he got with 5 yards of the box, then deliberately hand balled it to slowed down the counter. Sat on the floor when he saw his number held up at the end of the game. Pathetic.

He tumbled over every time he got with 5 yards of the box, then deliberately hand balled it to slowed down the counter. Sat on the floor when he saw his number held up at the end of the game. Pathetic.

Yeah, pathetic, slowly leaving the field of play with 6 minutes still to go when you have been shit all season and desperately need the 3 points.. Pathetic! 

He didn't tumble over every time, or he wouldn't of put the ball in to make it 2-1 and would of gone down in the box when he made that ridiculously good back heel to Henderson to make it 3-1 would he pal? No point arguing over it really, you lot now dislike Sterling but he wasn't diving, out of interest have you watched the game back? 

I don't think he was "diving" much as such, he was just very slyly and cleverly engeneering free kicks that really weren't free kicks, and whenever he went down he landed on the ball and scooped it up with his hands, giving an incredibly weak referee a decision to make either way, and the easiest way out is to just give a free kick than to accuse the winger of diving an handballing it.

just a shame because I didn't think he was as much of a "cheat" as he acted last night, but I think he and a lot of liverpool players saw how weak the ref was right away and used that to their advantage, which you can't really blame them for.

I don't think he was "diving" much as such, he was just very slyly and cleverly engeneering free kicks that really weren't free kicks, and whenever he went down he landed on the ball and scooped it up with his hands, giving an incredibly weak referee a decision to make either way, and the easiest way out is to just give a free kick than to accuse the winger of diving an handballing it.

just a shame because I didn't think he was as much of a "cheat" as he acted last night, but I think he and a lot of liverpool players saw how weak the ref was right away and used that to their advantage, which you can't really blame them for.

Let's be fair he was awful to both sides, but the penalty decision is out of this world, Kasper doesn't even go in with his hands, throws his body into Gerrard. 

The man should be questioned after this, maybe he would have if we hadn't of won by 2 goals, this won't look a questionable evening for the Referee. 

Raheem was doing what every single winger in the Premier League would do, Mahrez did the same against Johnson in second half and against Manquillo in the first half. 

oh yeah like I said in my first post and in the post match stuff in the other section it was shocking refereeing from first minute to last and benefitted neither team imo. I'm pretty sure after bringing him down Kasper didn't even try and get the loose ball, just looked at the ref thinking "oh shit I'm gone here" lol

yeah again like I said it was just a bit disappointing, he could and should have de laet/konchesky on toast every time he gets the ball but instead seemed more concerned about "winning" free kicks than ever getting past his man. but it worked and his team won so I doubt he's arsed or any of you are arsed either way :D

Wasn't all that impressed with Liverpool if I'm honest. Very disappointed in your style of play considering Rodger's reputation as a lot of aimless balls were just chucked up in the direction of Lambert. Granted he held the ball  up very well and aerially caused Morgan trouble.

Thought they were very clinical though in the way they finished the chances in what was a pretty balanced game. As soon as the ball broke to Gerrard it was a certain goal and Lallana's finish was very tidy.

Thought Sterling was very poor, considering De Laet has been our week point defensively Sterling caused him very little problems all night and in the end resorted to throwing himself on the deck when he couldn't get away.

Ref was a disgrace, probably the worse I have seen in a long time. Looked like you should have had a penalty but equally I'm not sure what more Lucas could have done to get a yellow card, must have committed 5 or 6 pretty cynical fouls without getting booked.

Overall I would be worried as a Liverpool fan because that is a shadow of the team that almost won the title last year. Think it showed when we went down to 10 men that even then you couldn't control the game and were very panicky at the back.  

Actually thought Sterling got a tough ride from Lee Mason last night personally, some of the decisions he did not get were pretty obvious from what I saw.

Gerrard jumping into Kasper to manufacture a penalty was pathetic and quite disappointing to see really- that was actually a good decision from the referee.

Worried? I have been worried for months haha. 

This is a sign that we are slowly turning it around.. Won 2 in a row, Sunderland at home on Saturday and then a huge Champions League game at home to Basle, win these next two games and our season doesn't look a disaster as many a people are saying.

I said the other day, come Monday 10:30pm, I expect us to be just three points behind Southampton and I stand by that. 

And for Sterling being very poor, he did well in putting the ball in for Gerrard's goal and setting up Henderson, oh and being Liverpool's biggest threat all night.

I didn't think anyone could be so deluded to say that isn't a penalty. lol lol

I wouldn't say it wasn't a penalty, I expected it to be given. However, it was the right decision not give it since Gerrard is obviously wanting some contact with Kasper rather than going round him. You're as deluded as I am if you think Gerrard is sincerely going for that ball once he puts it past Kasper.

I wouldn't say it wasn't a penalty, I expected it to be given. However, it was the right decision not give it since Gerrard is obviously wanting some contact with Kasper rather than going round him. You're as deluded as I am if you think Gerrard is sincerely going for that ball once he puts it past Kasper.

You're not saying it wasn't a penalty but you're saying it was the right decision not to give it? 

My heads gone.

Why is that embarrassing? He did let his country down.

You're not saying it wasn't a penalty but you're saying it was the right decision not to give it? 

My heads gone.

I don't think it was either, Gerrards run into Kasper if anything. 

No that it matters as you've won anyway, not like it's changed a result changing decision is it. 

I didn't think anyone could be so deluded to say that isn't a penalty. lol lol

Part of me thinks it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other after watching it back. Although Kaspers hand does come across Gerrard. Thought at the time it was the most blatant penalty and was surprised it wasn't given. Our fans would've been screaming like mad and still moaning today had it not been given.

Agree with most of your initial assessment to be fair. Our biggest problem is not taking our chances when they come or when we're on top. Cannot believe Cambiasso didn't hit the target with that open goal. Didn't think he was as close as he actually was during the game but that was a shocker. The difference was you took your chances. I can't really remember you having all that more clear cut chances apart from when you scored. Could be wrong mind I've only watched foxes player highlights.

That's the luck we're getting at the minute though, and when your chips are down your chips are down. Can't fault anything with our effort and application though.

Personally thought Lucas was your main man last night. Gerrard seemed quite quiet up until he scored. Good win for Liverpool and another game of "ifs buts and maybes" for us.

And it's a penalty all day long, doesn't matter if Gerrard is looking for it or not, Schmiechel makes no contact with the ball and a lot of contact with Gerrard, stone wall penalty. 

I care not, like I said in the betting thread I had £10 on 3-1 in the ground.

And it's a penalty all day long, doesn't matter if Gerrard is looking for it or not, Schmiechel makes no contact with the ball and a lot of contact with Gerrard, stone wall penalty. 

I care not, like I said in the betting thread I had £10 on 3-1 in the ground.

Yes, because Gerrard has run into him. 

Ha, decent return on that I bet. 

The way Kasper looked at Gerrard as if to say "No idea how you haven't been given that..." was a massive indicator it should have been a pen haha.

Thought Sterling was hard done to a few times by the ref, but continuously scooping the ball up wasn't going to endear himself to anyone.

Must remember to finish typing before hitting post.

My heads gone.

I guess it's more a broader point than just the incident last night, I will try and explain it another way. Aguero was definitely fouled at the weekend, but did you not think the ref was right to not give it given the theatrics that followed? Should a ref have to deal with players like him (and Vardy, before you start) throwing their arms in the air to try and make the decision for the ref? I personally don't think so and I hope players find it more difficult to cheat soft penalties out of referees.

Archived