Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

You understand that a sound team on tv can mix levels however they want and it's in their interest to make the atmosphere sound better than it was?

Leicester fans sang more in the first half, Liverpool sang more in the second when winning but both were shit. It was a dire atmosphere.

United were much louder, until they were getting battered, as were Everton.

Maybe it was as it was a week night and a long way to travel.

United when they were winning was similar to liverpool when they were winning, United when they were losing was much worse than liverpool when they weren't winning.

Hahahahaha, still when you leave with three points and a smile on your face that is worth the admission price alone.

The re-run has just started on BT Sport actually.. Splendid.

Never said I wasn't going to brag, just said I wasn't going to take the piss.

Be careful fella, you might get banned again and nobody wants to see you cry...again.

hahaha what do you expect on a leicester city forum really? the general consensus amongst us lot is that you weren't that loud and whilst we were poor as a team, you hardly covered yourselves in glory, in particular sterling and his slippers.

BT Sport must of been playing sound clips of our fans from previous Liverpool games then lol.

Stfu Finnegan, again making yourself looking a tool. So we're level on points with Arsenal, Spurs, ahead of Everton and will more than likely only be 3 points behind Southampton come Monday night but we are a poor mid table side. Bitter, bitter person.

Fans are woeful but 3,200 fans were comfortably louder than 28,800 Leicester fans. lol lol lol

Did you sound loud on TV? I'm surprised at that but I suppose it was our first game on BT Sport so we don't really have anything to compare it to, you were nowhere near Sunderland or Burnley in terms of noise, you were louder than Everton though imo if that makes you feel better. That said, everyone seems quieter than ten years ago, the new age fan influence is very obvious when you have been away for a while both in the home and away ends.

Away fans generally outsing home fans across the country, that's football for you.

Did you sound loud on TV? I'm surprised at that but I suppose it was our first game on BT Sport so we don't really have anything to compare it to, you were nowhere near Sunderland or Burnley in terms of noise, you were louder than Everton though imo if that makes you feel better. That said, everyone seems quieter than ten years ago, the new age fan influence is very obvious when you have been away for a while both in the home and away ends.

Away fans generally outsing home fans across the country, that's football for you.

Completley agree, within reason, most away fans outsing our home fans, and we outsing most home fans from my recolection.

You can guarentee they'll be a similar argument on New Years day about the myth of noise at Anfield.

As for the game, agree with most of what Grandad said in his original post. Liverpool's set up was a better working model than ours on the day, Lucas kept our forward play quiet and limited us to barely any time on the ball in open play, we didn't do enough of that at the other end - as we haven't for weeks. Interesting if Nugent would have been fit if we'd have tried a similar set up to that against United, with Nugent sitting on Gerrard in a similar fashion to him and Cambiasso in the United game?

Regarding Gerrard, goals change any fans outlook on a performance, particularly a winner. I thought he was a 7/10 at best, and a 6/10 at worst personally, but each to their own. Can't see Liverpool finishing above United, whether that means they'll be fourth, fifth or sixth etc I don't know.  

Delusion? Get BT Sport, the re-run is on soon. Have a watch of the game and listen to which supporters you can hear and which ones you can't.

BT Sport / Sky / whoever can manipulate how loud certain parts of the ground are by turning the microphones up. Away fans singing in (generally) unison sounds far better than songs being dotted around the ground, or in our case SK1 and L1.

Nah, not really, Leicester fans chanting "You let your country down.." is probably the only embarrassing thing in regards to Sterling last night. 

The majority of them were fouls on him, simple as that and the most blatant dive of the evening was from Jamie Vardy. lol

We sang it for Robert Green on Saturday and probably couldn't be bothered to think of anything else.

Agree with the majority of what Grandad posted.

I felt Sterling was very hard done by last night, I did genuinely question myself as to if Lee Mason had an issue with him.

Gerrard looked much more imposing in the advanced position, I think this was down to Henderson & Lucas adding a bit of balance to the team. He certainly looked more threatening last night than he has for a while.

The penalty incident, I wasn't at the game, but from my view on the tele, Gerrard thought that Kasper was going to clatter him so he went to ride the tackle, but it never came. This made Gerrard lose concentration and that split second where he jumped, the ball got away from him and he knew it. He then jumped sideways (clear from the camera) into Kasper and went down. Yes there was contact, but it was initiated by Gerrard and contact doesn't mean it's a foul.

Liverpool fans sounded in good voice throughout, whereas we only came alive at the start, when we scored & the last 10 minutes.

Liverpool were nothing special.We as a pretty crap team matched them for long periods.Gerrard was the man who pulled the strings.

It was no way a pen.

Lpool fans only got going when it was 3-1 apart from that very average(for the record Burnley s second half is the benchmark for away fans)

Overall we need too many changes to score,can't take them when they do come and too many individual errors.

Hope lpool fans Dont get too excited about yday!!!

Gerrard definitely jumped into Schmeichel. I can't believe you can look at the video afterwards and not reach that conclusion. I thought it was a penalty at the time though.

Scouse has it spot on about Sterling. Spent the whole first half rolling around after minimal contact and doing the ridiculous "grabbing the ball" thing. Second half Mason let some unbelievably obvious fouls on Sterling go unpunished.

Otherwise I thought that the original post from Grandad was spot on.

How?

He came on and won the free-kick for England that Rooney went onto score and England won 1-0. 

Pathetic chant. 

All 23 let their country down.

They finished bottom in a group containing Costa ****ing Rica.

I thought that Sterling was trying to be clever in the first half, always threw himself into either the man marking him or to the floor.

Mason had a hard time dealing with it and the freekick that led to their goal was just an utter joke.

Glad that Mason manned up in the second half because I thoroughly enjoyed watching the scrawny bastard get kicked about the pitch.

My mate who's a Leeds fan who went said Liverpool fans were average at best and he said they weren't that impressive as a team either.

Liverpool fans were utter shite. I'm talking Reading or Wigan levels of shite.

I could hear our fans moaning more than I could hear their fans celebrating when they equalised lol

Even You'll Never Walk Alone was half arsed.

Glad that Mason manned up in the second half because I thoroughly enjoyed watching the scrawny bastard get kicked about the pitch.

Bet you didn't enjoy that as much as I did seeing Gerrard and Henderson scoring in the second half? 

Kicked about the pitch but got two assists.. Think its safe to say who got the last laugh on that front don't you?

lol lol lol lol

:D :D :D :D

YNWA YNWA YNWA YNWA

Bet you didn't enjoy that as much as I did seeing Gerrard and Henderson scoring in the second half?

Kicked about the pitch but got two assists.. Think its safe to say who got the last laugh on that front don't you?

lol lol lol lol

YNWA YNWA YNWA YNWA

You make it sound like it was your cup final, the money you spent you should be beating us like that. Lallana on his own cost more than our squad.

You make it sound like it was your cup final, the money you spent you should be beating us like that. Lallana on his own cost more than our squad.

Probably was his cup final tbf (not to speak on his behalf). He's a Liverpool fan from Leicester. QPR means far more to me than Forest or Derby.

They were referring to him not playing v Estonia you disabled.

Pretty confident they weren't given that Gerrard got the same.

They were referring to him not playing v Estonia you disabled.

lol lol lol lol

YNWA YNWA YNWA YNWA

Oh dear....

Dont get much worse than a Leicester based Liverpool "follower" giving city fans shit after a win....

Archived