Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

They might have a job getting rid of him.

Surely potential buyers realise by now just how much trouble he is.

Yeah that is my fear mate. Nobody with a brain would buy him, hopefully an Arab club comes in for him and he is happy enough to clear off out there with a load of money. 

I'm not going to pretend that I said this was going to happen, I was in really high hopes when Mario signed, first game away at Spurs he was brilliant with Sturridge, only time the two of them have played together. Maybe that is why Rodgers is still saying Mario is still in his plans, that is the only thing I can think of. Lambert has offered more in his last four games than Mario has all season. 

Origi shouldn't comeback in January either, Liverpool fans are getting all excited about him but he has only scored 6 goals for Lille I think this season. Rodgers, FSG and Iain Ayre need to go out there in January and send a message and pay whatever it takes to get a top top striker. 

Yeah that is my fear mate. Nobody with a brain would buy him, hopefully an Arab club comes in for him and he is happy enough to clear off out there with a load of money. 

I'm not going to pretend that I said this was going to happen, I was in really high hopes when Mario signed, first game away at Spurs he was brilliant with Sturridge, only time the two of them have played together. Maybe that is why Rodgers is still saying Mario is still in his plans, that is the only thing I can think of. Lambert has offered more in his last four games than Mario has all season. 

Origi shouldn't comeback in January either, Liverpool fans are getting all excited about him but he has only scored 6 goals for Lille I think this season. Rodgers, FSG and Iain Ayre need to go out there in January and send a message and pay whatever it takes to get a top top striker. 

I think the Arab club might be a good idea you know. I honestly think he'd be up for that. He'd probably end up in prison out there given his behaviour as well lol

He doesn't seem to be learning, to have had three clubs since last summer shows a severe lack of maturity, something that should be getting better not worse as he gets older.

Bugger.

So does that rule out Russia as well then? lol

**** it send him to the MLS.

Fair play. Genuinely thought you were going to flip out at that lol

Edit: sorry just realised you were talking about the Arabic reaction to Balotelli. I was leaning towards it being an unintentionally dubious comment about the sorts of people who have brains.

Could tell there were loads of Leicester or Midland based 'fans' in the away end as they didn't seem the usual chaotic unwashed Scouse scum all drunk, agitated and falling over each other. Even the corner shops on the way to the ground hadn't been robbed by primitive scallies in tracksuit bottoms.

Good grief. Talk about stereotyping. 

(And Liverpool is a great City these days).

Guest Col city fan

I had some hope for him but he's been woeful.

I would cash him in for £10 million, try for someone in January. Gutted we cancelled Remy because of him now.

Well that quite frankly is embarrassing.

Remember the conversation we had over the summer?

And I'd still take an in-form Vardy over Super Mario every day of the week and twice on Sundays..

:thumbup:

Then you really are a sad **** if you are still moaning about England players six months later, whilst you're meant to be supporting your club side..

And I won't speak for everyone but the "you let your country down", came from L1, was never aimed at Henderson, Gerrard or Johnson so I am pretty sure L1 were aiming that chant at him in reference to Estonia and his comments to Hodgson.

You're wrong, it's fine, graciously accept that.

Where I was sat, every England player was roundly booed when they went to take a throw in, a corner or freekick.

Whats your problem? lol

I'd kill him mate.

lol

Giving it the big'un after his big day out. Oh dear. The best bit was Gerrard acting like he'd scored the winner against Real Madrid after going 1 up against the bottom of the division. Shows you how small time Liverpool have become.

Or Gerrard acted like that after being dropped and answering to his critics who have been slating him in recent, God forbid a footballer shows some passion for his club.

Big day out? Haha, don't flatter yourself. I came in here not having ago, people agreed with my opening post, it might look like I'm giving it the big'un since because of posters like yourself, who can't accept the defeat and want to have ago.

Grow the hell up, you clearly don't like Liverpool, so why would you work yourself up so much and come into a Liverpool thread days after Liverpool have beaten your club? Oh wait, how very silly of me, you're a Man United fan!

I personally think it's a penalty. He's completely bought it but has Schmeichel changed his course to block Gerrard and knock him over? I think he has. I would be livid if we weren't given that.

Made no difference anyway. In-fact funnily enough the only difference it could've made is the potential of Schmeichel being unavailable against Villa, thus giving Hamer a game and the possibility of keeping that place. I don't think Hamer's the answer to all our problems but can he really be worse than Schmeichel has been lately? He's been a liability. I thought the increased number of shots he would face would paint him as one of those under-rated goalkeepers at a weaker team (see Begovic, Mignolet pre-Liverpool) but the reality is his flaws have been ruthlessly exposed at this level.

I had some hope for him but he's been woeful.

I would cash him in for £10 million, try for someone in January. Gutted we cancelled Remy because of him now.

Well that quite frankly is embarrassing.

Good luck with that lol I doubt Torino will sign him for a quarter of that price in 2017.

Did you think The Railway Man was actually being sincere with that post and genuinely thinks that?

I'd have thought it was fairly obvious he was pandering to stereotypes, there.

I'm not sure?

• 8 months later...

Good start to the season, a lot better than I expected it to go anyway. Could of won this game tonight v Arsenal at HT, let them back in and come away with a very good point. Summer signings look to have settled in straight away and have looked good, Gomez, Clyne, Milner and Benteke especially. Firmino looks bright and dangerous, can't give the ball away though as many times as he did in his 60 minute run out. 

Gomez and Clyne have added so much to us defensively, much better for Skrtel and Lovren having two full backs next to them who can actually defend the ball. No surprise that Lovren has looked a lot better this season already with Gomez to the left of him! 

Rossiter is a good little player, he'll have a future with us definitely! 

Beat West Ham on Saturday then it will have been a pretty good start to the season and going into the International break with 12/15 points is something not many Liverpool fans would of predicted. 

Arsenal would've hammered you if they had a competent striker in the second half, Rossiter has shades of Spearing about him. Your signings have been good though, be interesting to see how Gomez settles and how he plays at centre half because he's bound to have a rough patch at some point.

And that is like me saying if they had Ospina in goal then we would have been 2-0 up at HT, maybe even 3-1 if Coutinho hadn't hit the bar and the linesman didn't wrongly disallow Ramsay's goal.. Irrelevant points, and we also had chances in the second half. 

Gomez won't play centre back any time soon, won't play ahead of Skrtel, Lovren or Sakho there, probably won't play ahead of Illori either at CB. 

do you rate jordan ibe? every time i see him he looks like a black, somehow even worse version of josh low

Poor 28 minutes from him tonight, I do really rate him, unfortunately with Liverpool fans and most fans around the UK he will be compared to Sterling which is unfair on him. I think he will have a huge future with us and he seems to be a good level headed lad. Thankfully we have enough options in the squad now that we won't have to rely on Ibe now and put too much pressure on him at too young an age, which happened with Sterling. 

And that is like me saying if they had Ospina in goal then we would have been 2-0 up at HT, maybe even 3-1 if Coutinho hadn't hit the bar and the linesman didn't wrongly disallow Ramsay's goal.. Irrelevant points, and we also had chances in the second half. 

Gomez won't play centre back any time soon, won't play ahead of Skrtel, Lovren or Sakho there, probably won't play ahead of Illori either at CB. 

barely, they completely flooded you second half. But doesn't matter anyway, your gameplan worked as you managed to get a draw against a weak Arsenal side. Even Illori? surely he'll get sometime there with it being his actual position if he keeps up how he's been playing recently? especially how poor those defenders are bar Sakho. Are you expecting anyone else to come in before the window shuts?

barely, they completely flooded you second half. But doesn't matter anyway, your gameplan worked as you managed to get a draw against a weak Arsenal side. Even Illori? surely he'll get sometime there with it being his actual position if he keeps up how he's been playing recently? especially how poor those defenders are bar Sakho. Are you expecting anyone else to come in before the window shuts?

Flooded us? You're mad. Sanchez hit the post and Giroud missed a sitter because he fell over, any other brilliant chances for Arsenal? I don't think they did. Weak Arsenal side? They missed their two centre backs, that is it. They started the game with their best midfield and best attacking three. lol Jesus Christ, if you don't like Liverpool then fair enough but don't come out with complete rubbish to try and pick an argument. 

How will Gomez play over Skrtel or Lovren when they're both playing well at centre back together, yes even I am surprised at how well Lovren has started. 

No, expecting no more buys to come in, I will be pretty unhappy if Lucas goes and we don't bring in a replacement on his level or superior to him in his position, especially after Rodgers comments on Lucas before the game. 

Flooded us? You're mad. Sanchez hit the post and Giroud missed a sitter because he fell over, any other brilliant chances for Arsenal? I don't think they did. Weak Arsenal side? They missed their two centre backs, that is it. They started the game with their best midfield and best attacking three. lol Jesus Christ, if you don't like Liverpool then fair enough but don't come out with complete rubbish to try and pick an argument. 

How will Gomez play over Skrtel or Lovren when they're both playing well at centre back together, yes even I am surprised at how well Lovren has started. 

No, expecting no more buys to come in, I will be pretty unhappy if Lucas goes and we don't bring in a replacement on his level or superior to him in his position, especially after Rodgers comments on Lucas before the game. 

I never said they had chances, that was their problem. Inability to break you down, but the majority of the second half was in your half, them passing it around without developing any opportunities to do anything with it, the routine of an Arsenal goalless draw. I quite like Liverpool actually, you're much more likeable under Rodgers. Yeah but that's after three games, let's be honest the chances of Lovren performing at a similar level all season is pretty slim, he's just not good enough.

Archived