Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Grandad's Official Liverpool Chit-Chat

Arsenal did flood you second half just couldnt break you down. For a 0-0 it was quite a good game. Liverpool could have been 3 or 4 up by half time. Coutinho is a class player and i was impressed with Gomez. Looks to have settled in at Liverpool no problem. Was Ings on the bench last night? Has he made a prem appearance yet for Liverpool?

I had Rodgers down for 1st manager to be sacked in the prem. It was crucial to get off to a good start. I thought a draw last night was a fair result.

Saying that though Cech getting MOTM just tells you that if a team were going to snatch the win it was going to be Liverpool.

This thread vanishes when Liverpool go shit and is bumped again when they have a decent start to the season?

Hlory Gunter comes to mind.

Or I just haven't been on FoxesTalk in over a year, some of us have a life away from the internet as hard as that might seem for some of you. 

Did L'pool sell out yesterday? £64 a pop wasn't it? Disappointing if they did - would have been a great opportunity to build on Hull boycott. Away at Arsenal on Sky would have really meant something.

Yeah sold out mate, that's the point I made in another thread last week.. The Hull boycott is all well and good but you need to follow it up and like you say last night in one of our biggest games of the season on Sky would have made such more of an impact but it would never happen! Last year it happened because we were so crap, the year before when we should of won the League no Liverpool fan cared about the price. Sad but true. 

Good start to the season, a lot better than I expected it to go anyway. Could of won this game tonight v Arsenal at HT, let them back in and come away with a very good point. Summer signings look to have settled in straight away and have looked good, Gomez, Clyne, Milner and Benteke especially. Firmino looks bright and dangerous, can't give the ball away though as many times as he did in his 60 minute run out. 

Gomez and Clyne have added so much to us defensively, much better for Skrtel and Lovren having two full backs next to them who can actually defend the ball. No surprise that Lovren has looked a lot better this season already with Gomez to the left of him! 

Rossiter is a good little player, he'll have a future with us definitely! 

Beat West Ham on Saturday then it will have been a pretty good start to the season and going into the International break with 12/15 points is something not many Liverpool fans would of predicted. 

Do you envisage Gomez keeping his spot for a while? As I am tempted to use him in my fantasy football team as he should have low transfer price which free up more funds for others but I am worried that he being young will eventually make some silly mistakes and lose his place to Moreno. 

Poor 28 minutes from him tonight, I do really rate him, unfortunately with Liverpool fans and most fans around the UK he will be compared to Sterling which is unfair on him. I think he will have a huge future with us and he seems to be a good level headed lad. Thankfully we have enough options in the squad now that we won't have to rely on Ibe now and put too much pressure on him at too young an age, which happened with Sterling. 

I think most of Liverpool fans said he was better than Sterling was at his stage last season but it seems that Sterling has developed faster when he got in the first team? 

Do you envisage Gomez keeping his spot for a while? As I am tempted to use him in my fantasy football team as he should have low transfer price which free up more funds for others but I am worried that he being young will eventually make some silly mistakes and lose his place to Moreno. 

I think most of Liverpool fans said he was better than Sterling was at his stage last season but it seems that Sterling has developed faster when he got in the first team? 

Rodgers will stick with Gomez for a while, a bit like he did Flanagan, Gomez purely defends and sometimes will bomb forward but his first thought is to defend, unfortunately that isn't what Moreno did. Moreno has come on the last two games as a left winger, which actually suits him better as well. 

Jordan Ibe has had flashes of brilliance, he could maybe go on to be better Sterling we'll have to wait and see but it did take Sterling a long time to settle as well, he started Rodgers first season and was brilliant at home to Man City in a 2-2 draw then we seen nothing of him for a while and comeback in towards the end of BRs first season. Then 13/14 when we were brilliant Sterling started the season and then was dropped for a while, came back in to a side that scored for fun and couldn't really put a foot wrong. Didn't have the greatest of seasons last year. 

I think Ibe will be good, with Ibe now though Liverpool don't need to rely on him like we did Sterling and hope we have a new kid on the block well at the moment anyway we don't. I would like to think Rodgers will take his time with Ibe and not rush him into the side and kill his confidence. 

Had never heard of Gomez before this year, surprised he's not a natural full back. Looks excellent so far, probably Liverpool's stand out player in the games I've seen. Doesn't really look big enough to play at CB at this level.

Think Liverpool have looked shit when thumping the ball at Benteke from range, though, and got stupidly lucky beating Bournemouth in what watched like a straight up Championship game. Bournemouth looked like the home team in the second half and from the noise in the stands you'd have thought they were, too.

Looked much better against Arsenal though, I got bored at half time and put Netflix on but they were all over the Gooners. Much better showing.

That Cech save far post was other worldly.

For balance sakes I should add that man city are the only big team to look decent so far. Tottenham and United have been like watching pub teams and Chelsea are all over the place by their own standards.

United Villa was the worst thing I've seen in years. #bestleague my arse.

this

wont be long until this thread disappears again

About as quick as your avatar changed when people seen what a rapist you actually look like. 

For balance sakes I should add that man city are the only big team to look decent so far. Tottenham and United have been like watching pub teams and Chelsea are all over the place by their own standards.

United Villa was the worst thing I've seen in years. #bestleague my arse.

Yeah Man City have looked really good, look such a good side when they play football at pace. They'll look even better when Aguero is back to his lethal best! 

Or I just haven't been on FoxesTalk in over a year, some of us have a life away from the internet as hard as that might seem for some of you. 

Any need for that?

Don't you have an account on here with tousands of posts despite being a Liverpool fan? We're all as sad as each other.

Any need for that?

Don't you have an account on here with tousands of posts despite being a Liverpool fan? We're all as sad as each other.

Now if you have taken any offence to any of that post then you really need to get a life. 

Well clearly you can see I have an account on here with a couple of thousand posts, so lets not be daft. 

Glad I brought this thread back, it has refreshed my memory and made me see who the absolute vaginas on this forum are again. 

Archived