Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Apple OS X

The Laptop I have at the moment is ok, It's getting on abit, getting slower, but generally ok, tbh if I cleaned it up abit, deleted alot of shit, scanned it, e.t.c it would probably be fine, I'm abit pissed off about my music corrupting randomly and now I can't open iTunes on it because apparently it's not an English version (I havn't changed anything, I've downloaded updates but i've not changed anything else so god knows how that's happened) but apart from that it is absolutely fine - I do need to sort those two problems out though.

Now, whilst my Laptop is good and ok, and like I say with abit of care and tuning up it would there is nothing wrong with it i'm tempted by a Mac, but I only really use my laptop for internet use, a tablet would suffice for me really.

I use my laptop for music aswell, but at moment that use is out the window with the corruption/iTunes issues. One of the reason i'm tempted to do away with my laptop and start again with a new one - Maybe a Mac.

Do my uses sound like i'd get on/have a use for a Mac?

Or am I just following the name/the hype?

The Laptop I have at the moment is ok, It's getting on abit, getting slower, but generally ok, tbh if I cleaned it up abit, deleted alot of shit, scanned it, e.t.c it would probably be fine, I'm abit pissed off about my music corrupting randomly and now I can't open iTunes on it because apparently it's not an English version (I havn't changed anything, I've downloaded updates but i've not changed anything else so god knows how that's happened) but apart from that it is absolutely fine - I do need to sort those two problems out though.

Now, whilst my Laptop is good and ok, and like I say with abit of care and tuning up it would there is nothing wrong with it i'm tempted by a Mac, but I only really use my laptop for internet use, a tablet would suffice for me really.

I use my laptop for music aswell, but at moment that use is out the window with the corruption/iTunes issues. One of the reason i'm tempted to do away with my laptop and start again with a new one - Maybe a Mac.

Do my uses sound like i'd get on/have a use for a Mac?

Or am I just following the name/the hype?

Once you get a Mac there is no going back.

Ordered my MacBook Pro last week, still waiting for it to come.

The benefits far outweigh Windows PC's

Always loved Apple PCs, just never been able to afford one. :/

Absolutely fantastic and worth it if you have that sort of money available, but if not then a windows pc is far better value. 

Yosemite looks absolutely class, though. Think I might have to pursue some creative accounting so that I can get my hands on a mac next time I upgrade...

Always loved Apple PCs, just never been able to afford one. :/

Absolutely fantastic and worth it if you have that sort of money available, but if not then a windows pc is far better value. 

Yosemite looks absolutely class, though. Think I might have to pursue some creative accounting so that I can get my hands on a mac next time I upgrade...

Yeah Yosemite does look good.

IMO Mac's are more affordable then you think, just a few months of dedicated saving and you can buy one outright, at least for me.

Worth the cost as well if you have a specific need for it

Does anybody know if you can use Microsoft office on your mac and then transfer the files over to a window pc by the use of email or a memory stick?

Yes, you can use Office on Macs - it just comes in a slightly different version. Compatibility can also be an issue occasionally, such as in Outlook.

As for the second part of your question, you'll have to be a bit more specific. I can't really make out what you're trying to say. What type of files do you mean?

Yes, you can use Office on Macs - it just comes in a slightly different version. Compatibility can also be an issue occasionally, such as in Outlook.

As for the second part of your question, you'll have to be a bit more specific. I can't really make out what you're trying to say. What type of files do you mean?

Basically i mean once i've used a word document on office on the mac can i then use the same file on a windows pc? cheers.

Basically i mean once i've used a word document on office on the mac can i then use the same file on a windows pc? cheers.

Usually, the transition should work flawlessly.

But I have noticed some issues with displaying certain text elements in the Mac version that I couldn't alter myself and had to send to an Office user with a PC.

It also depends on what version of Office you're using, I guess (2007 or 2011, for instance).

Think you can also use the Microsoft cloud drive (extra cost). I use it on my ipad, then I can open them up on anything. Comparability shouldn't be a problem nowadays with anything.

I'm a huge OS X fan, I've been using Apple products since the mid 90's. However I'm still not really excited by this. Apple are yet to produce anything groundbreaking or innovative software or hardware wise in the last 5-10 years.

Try making a phone call form your mobile on a Windows PC

Try making a phone call form your mobile on a Windows PC

Unless I've misunderstood you, why on earth would I want to do that?

But in any case I use Lync connected to a SIP supplier linked up to my mobile which means in effect, I can do that on any PC/Mac or Mobile device.

Unless I've misunderstood you, why on earth would I want to do that?

But in any case I use Lync connected to a SIP supplier linked up to my mobile which means in effect, I can do that on any PC/Mac or Mobile device.

Lets talk about the average consumer here who is not going to have such telecoms devices.

Why would you want to make a phone call from your Mac, plenty of reasons, but the ease of communicating is probably the best one. Benefits lazy people like me who do not want to get off the chair to find my phone to make a call, direct from MacBook is genius.

You just don't like giving Apple credit for some reason and ignore the innovations.

If you are ordering a takeaway, clicking the phone link on the Just Eat website is a lot easier than looking for your phone, getting it from the other side of the house, unlocking it, and dialling in the number.

Also, if you don't like writing on small screens, sending texts using a keyboard is way easier. It isn't essential, but what is?

Archived