Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Gamescom 2014

Both systems have exciting exclusives, but I'd take Uncharted over Tomb Raider any day of the week.

Don't forget, Xbox 360 had more and better games to begin with, then PS3 overtook and outperformed it for years.

Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla, Quantic Dream, Media Molecule etc. They're all making stuff.

Thought it was pretty underwhelming from both companies tbh, definitely looks like I won't be buying much this year. Both companies showed a bunch of stuff we already knew about, MS's 'big reveal' was a timed exclusive tomb raider game, and sony didn't really have a 'big reveal' at all. The only great thing to come out of the conference was the demo for the new silent Hill game, which people only found out about after the conference had finished.

I'm not "a fanboy", I'm just stating facts.

Here they are again from a different source:

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sony-crushing-microsoft-console-wars-3-1-1644852

The 3 to 1 ratio reflects the sales in the last quarter, not referring to the overall sales which are roughly 2:1 to date.

I'm not really bothered either way.  Can we all just move on?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Move on? I thought it was "Time for some banter"?

Manwell is clearly as anti-playstation as LiB is pro-playstation.

lol I'm Clearly not, clearly own a PS3.

Anti next generation in general maybe. Due to the fact there are no games for them. People buying these over priced consoles with no new exciting games built specifically for them will moan about the way the games industry is going and not take note that they are the ones forcing it in that direction. If Sony can get away with putting a console on the shop shelves that costs £350 and offers absolutely nothing other than a slightly inferior version of most games when compared to a top end PC and still move millions of units they're going to do it. No need to try anything new or original just a 1080p COD/FIFA duo running at 60fps needed and your laughing. People will criticize them for it but it's the consumer fault in the end.

The Xbone is not much better really, they seem to be getting a bit more adventurous now they are so far behind in sales though. 

lol I'm Clearly not, clearly own a PS3.

Anti next generation in general maybe. Due to the fact there are no games for them. People buying these over priced consoles with no new exciting games built specifically for them will moan about the way the games industry is going and not take note that they are the ones forcing it in that direction. If Sony can get away with putting a console on the shop shelves that costs £350 and offers absolutely nothing other than a slightly inferior version of most games when compared to a top end PC and still move millions of units they're going to do it. No need to try anything new or original just a 1080p COD/FIFA duo running at 60fps needed and your laughing. People will criticize them for it but it's the consumer fault in the end.

The Xbone is not much better really, they seem to be getting a bit more adventurous now they are so far behind in sales though. 

Spot on Manwell. Originality is dead in the videogames industry because the companies know they've got the marketing the same old crap with updated graphics down pat.

Give me a Playstation and another round of FF7 over the new generation shite any day.

Spot on Manwell. Originality is dead in the videogames industry because the companies know they've got the marketing the same old crap with updated graphics down pat.

Give me a Playstation and another round of FF7 over the new generation shite any day.

Originality isn't dead, but it certainly isn't what it used to be.

It's not down to people buying next gen consoles though, it's down to people buying the yearly games like COD and not much else.

It's also not as easy these days for a small independent developer to emerge with a great new original title, unless it's in the form of a small downloadable title. The programming time/costs are much higher than the PS1 days.

Originality isn't dead, but it certainly isn't what it used to be.

It's not down to people buying next gen consoles though, it's down to people buying the yearly games like COD and not much else.

It's also not as easy these days for a small independent developer to emerge with a great new original title, unless it's in the form of a small downloadable title. The programming time/costs are much higher than the PS1 days.

Of course it is down to people buying next generation consoles, at this moment in time at least, as all they have done is buy the console to play games like that in higher res with a better frame rate. The game at the top of the sales chart shows you that, a remastered version of a PS3 game that is literally the same the original bar fram rate and res.

To be fair to LiB i've just seen him post a video of AC which while it is obviously a sequel is trying some new ideas and does look like it could be a game shelling out the money for, but there needs to be more than that.

Both consoles will produce vastly better games as the years go by I don't doubt that, but the annoying thing is consumers will pass off and put up with games that are poor early doors and claim that it is the norm. Some of the best NES, SNES, Mega Drive, N64, and even Playstation games I played where out early on their respective consoles life cycle, they justified their price tag. You should be paying for a different level of gaming when you get a new console and for me this next generation launch has been embarrassing. 

Thats a pretty fanboy thing to say lol.

How is it? I have a '360 and an original Xbox, and have never owned a Playstation before, so it's quite difficult to say that I'm a PS fanboy. However Playstation was clearly marketed as more focused on the games, with the Xbone being more focused on the media side of things - at least that's what it pushed for with its initial marketing.

How is it? I have a '360 and an original Xbox, and have never owned a Playstation before, so it's quite difficult to say that I'm a PS fanboy. However Playstation was clearly marketed as more focused on the games, with the Xbone being more focused on the media side of things - at least that's what it pushed for with its initial marketing.

Yeah, I can see why you (and a lot of others) think that but I don't think that was what Microsoft were aiming for.

I think they were going for this is a games focused machine capable of competing with the PS4, with included media. Shot themselves in the foot a bit with the way they delivered it. 

Of course it is down to people buying next generation consoles, at this moment in time at least, as all they have done is buy the console to play games like that in higher res with a better frame rate. The game at the top of the sales chart shows you that, a remastered version of a PS3 game that is literally the same the original bar fram rate and res.

To be fair to LiB i've just seen him post a video of AC which while it is obviously a sequel is trying some new ideas and does look like it could be a game shelling out the money for, but there needs to be more than that.

Both consoles will produce vastly better games as the years go by I don't doubt that, but the annoying thing is consumers will pass off and put up with games that are poor early doors and claim that it is the norm. Some of the best NES, SNES, Mega Drive, N64, and even Playstation games I played where out early on their respective consoles life cycle, they justified their price tag. You should be paying for a different level of gaming when you get a new console and for me this next generation launch has been embarrassing. 

Agree with this.  Finally we agree!  lol 

It's the nature of the beast though.  Everyone is always striving to buy the latest in whatever entertains them.  For instance I know plenty of people who need the latest mobile phone because it does X Y and Z, although they only use it for A B and C.  I have no interest in the latest mobile phones and mine is rubbish but it makes a phone call and I'm happy with that.  TVs - people need 4k TV when the majority of people watch everyday TV in no better than 720p.

It's no different with consoles.  I downloaded Crysis 3 the other day for my half useable PS3 and I thought I needed my eyes testing because it looks so bad.  Once you've made the jump you have to justify the reasons for doing so and there's no going back because the differences in first impressions are massive.  It plays exactly the same plus a few quirks here and there at the end of the day.

The Last of Us Remastered looks fantastic and it'll play exactly the same.  Diablo 3 is out next week and that'll play exactly the same.  Metal Gear Solid V looks fantastic and that'll play exactly the same.  The list goes on and on.

Nothing will change until the devs drop PS3 and 360. 

At least Ubisoft have taken the first steps to doing something about it and there's plenty more in the pipeline but it'll take a couple of years for them to filter through.

Archived