Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Zaha, Sako & Waris

Zaha won Palace promotion, he isn't overhyped. Definitely would take him here, got all the attributes-pace, power and shooting ability. The only thing is his attitude - think he only tries if he is the main guy.

Yeah right, how many goals did Glenn Murray score that season?

This is the kind of nonsense which sometimes makes me wonder whether I'm looking at a forum or a slightly slapdash club propaganda campaign.

Firstly, it's by no means definite that Pearson does want him.

Secondly, even if he does, why is that alone 'good enough'? He also signed Gallagher, Adams, Neilson, McGivern, Ajdarevic, Kennedy, Marshall. Pearson would be the first to say that not every signing works out. The fact that our manager rates a player is not a sure-fire guarantee that he's decent.

Thirdly, of the three examples you have given, only one of them was signed by Pearson, and all three were left out of the side by him for extended periods last season.

And finally, 'heroes' two weeks in a row? Well, we lost the second game and, while I thought he did fine, there's been some debate as to whether Konchesky even played well in it. And Hammond's lack of fitness when we were a goal down and still in the game helped finish us off. So 'heroes' is a tiny bit over the top. We'll talk about heroes when we've got a few more points on the table.

Tell me you are kidding. You are right that not every transfer works out.  We are talking about the Nigel Pearson leading the team in the PL not Division 1, where most of those transfers (not sure you are right that they were all Nigel's). He and his team seem to do enormous amounts of work in assessing players that fit into his criteria of skill, fitness, attitude etc.  Bringing players in for big fees that sound like a sexy option is also not the best way of building a team.  I know it has been used as the benchmark for such disussions, but just look at such a team as QPR getting their arse handed to them by Spurs last night.

Nigel has his criteria both in type and value of players that he is working within.  This seems to annoy fans like you for some reason.  He wants to win and not put the club under stress in moral and finance.  I am sure he won't panic buy, and am also sure he will get a number of his targets before the deadline.

Fans need to at least back a player until they show they are not good enough at least. Slagging off at rumoured targets before they are confirmed as such or brought in as players, frankly is infantile.

Tell me you are kidding. You are right that not every transfer works out. We are talking about the Nigel Pearson leading the team in the PL not Division 1, where most of those transfers (not sure you are right that they were all Nigel's). He and his team seem to do enormous amounts of work in assessing players that fit into his criteria of skill, fitness, attitude etc. Bringing players in for big fees that sound like a sexy option is also not the best way of building a team. I know it has been used as the benchmark for such disussions, but just look at such a team as QPR getting their arse handed to them by Spurs last night.

Nigel has his criteria both in type and value of players that he is working within. This seems to annoy fans like you for some reason. He wants to win and not put the club under stress in moral and finance. I am sure he won't panic buy, and am also sure he will get a number of his targets before the deadline.

Fans need to at least back a player until they show they are not good enough at least. Slagging off at rumoured targets before they are confirmed as such or brought in as players, frankly is infantile.

I agree with this. Too many of our fans slag new signings/targets off before they've even kicked a ball for us. Pearson generally is pretty good with his signings, yeh the odd one is dodgy, but even Sir Alex made some bad signings. I agree that the way Nige does business is the right way. Bring in the right players with the right qualities, attitude and price. I would hate us to go back to the Sven days and just buy crap players for the sake of it!

Can Sako be worth anywhere near that? 

No.

Zaha - Been linked on loan with every middling Prem club and QPR of course.

Would take him in a heartbeat if Pearson wants him.

Waris (Not the Punjabi singer) looks like a prospect on paper, not seen enough to be sure but doesn't fit the model of what we are currently looking at at 5'7 so would be a squad addition.

Zaha won Palace promotion, he isn't overhyped. Definitely would take him here, got all the attributes-pace, power and shooting ability. The only thing is his attitude - think he only tries if he is the main guy.

Ask numerous Palace fans and they will say he's over rated and Bolasie was better than Zaha that sesson.

11.5M - Is that Baht we are talking about?

There are much better players than Sako playing in Austria that would cost a fraction of the silly prices we are being quoted by Championship Clubs for muppets.

We are going to mugged big time this week..

11.5M - Is that Baht we are talking about?

There are much better players than Sako playing in Austria that would cost a fraction of the silly prices we are being quoted by Championship Clubs for muppets.

We are going to mugged big time this week..

I wouldn't pay 1.5, nowhere near good enough I'd take the other two mind.

I refuse to believe we'd sign Knockaert for 2m and Mahrez for half a million and then spuff eight figures on Sako.

Especially if we won't pay 10m for Deeney. Obviously rubbish.

Knockaert didn't cost £2m, Pearson himself stated he's not spent more than )1.2m on a player (prior to Ulloah)

Anyway we aren't going to bid that for him if we aren't bidding that much on targets higher up the list.

Archived