Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Microsoft buys Minecraft developer Mojang for 2.5 Billion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29204518

Really not sure what to think of this, the PC version of Minecraft thrives off it's modding community. I cannot see Microsoft being happy with people running modded clients and using their own texture packs / skins in the game any more. The reaction from the community has been pretty negative. The talk from the current developers has also been extremely mixed, seems like a lot of them wanted the game to stay indie and this deal was done very much without their approval.

RIP Minecraft? or the start of a new era? Minecraft 2?

The 2 guys who made the company and basically ARE the company have left as part of the deal, Minecraft itself will remain on PS3 and PS4 and is still due to come to Vita in the next month or two, so I guess all they've really brought is the revenue the game continues to generate from here (how does that work with, say, the Vita version?) and any potential sequels. I wonder if they will publish it to other platforms, make it more mobile or keep it as an X1 exclusive? Seems strange to me.

Insane money.

Anyone want to start a new cool company?

All it takes is a simple idea that you can advertise the crap out of...

Look at Whatsapp... 19 Billion Dollars!

Facebook... A website that allows people to communicate and add pictures and status... It's not rocket science to program the basics.... Worth 202 Billion Dollars!

The best way to become a million/billionaire these days is in Apps and Tech... You just need an idea and a marketing plan!

I have an idea but I have no idea where/how to start it! It's a pretty unique idea that could do well... Any tips!?

All it takes is a simple idea that you can advertise the crap out of...

Look at Whatsapp... 19 Billion Dollars!

Facebook... A website that allows people to communicate and add pictures and status... It's not rocket science to program the basics.... Worth 202 Billion Dollars!

The best way to become a million/billionaire these days is in Apps and Tech... You just need an idea and a marketing plan!

I have an idea but I have no idea where/how to start it! It's a pretty unique idea that could do well... Any tips!?

Tell me all about it.

Read the letter from 'notch' one of the creators and he said he just wants to work on small projects now as he didn't expect minecraft to ever get where it is!

Ever since big youtubers began playing it years ago it just exploded in popularity, I enjoy playing it now and again there is loads to do in it if you have the patience to put the hours in

Archived