Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

IOS 8

You can enter emergency contacts on the health app that can be viewed without having to unlock your phone, which is fantastic. Other than that, they've just added stuff that was already available on the App Store. Like Shazam is incorporated into Siri, time lapse, etc.

I do like how you can get to recent contacts by double tapping the home button.

Worst thing is that the hands on the clock are too long :(

Battery life and general performance of my iPhone 4s and iPad 2 have been shocking since I got iOS 8. The iPad especially has gone really slow and laggy. Apple probably slow the old models down deliberately to get people to buy their new products.

Battery life and general performance of my iPhone 4s and iPad 2 have been shocking since I got iOS 8. The iPad especially has gone really slow and laggy. Apple probably slow the old models down deliberately to get people to buy their new products.

This has always been a common belief

I had the same on my iPad 2 until I backed it up on the pc reset it to factory settings and did a restore and it's back to its speedy self again

Not really seen an iPhone 6 thread as such, this is as good as any I guess.

Anyone got one?

Doesn't seem a great deal of difference to me, battery is better so i've heard (Which is quite a plus) and it's bigger (Which imo is a bad thing, it's HUGE, something I took the piss out of Samsung Galaxy users for, yes it needs to be a decent size but I want a phone not a tablet [well I want both, but as two seperate devices], as for the iPhone 6 plus.... :|)

Anyway, I have a 4 but it's old, getting slow and the battery is only getting worse so considering the 6 or the 5S, gonna buy it outright, it's cheaper than a contract albeit more up front, just want opinions of anyone who has a 6.

The 5S isn't much cheaper than the 6 but apart from a better battery I can't see anything groundbreaking in comparson between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived