Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

Going to make a completely outrageous call here.

Real Madrid v Liverpool - RM -2 (6/5) - I will be pretty surprised if this doesn't come in. Real Madrid are tearing apart everything in their path at the minute and Liverpool's team is as bad as it's been in years. 

FC Basel v Ludogorets - DRAW (13/5) - Ludogorets are actually a pretty good side. Basel are good but it seems to be against the English sides that they really raise their game and I don't think it's beyond the Bulgarians to get a draw here.

£10 returns £79.20

Malmo are 9/1 tonight. Just me who thinks that's pretty generous pricing? I don't think it's beyond them to win at home.

Arsenal to win to nil (vs Anderlecht) @ 6/4.

Arsenal should take the warning they were given away and make sure they're on their game for tonight. Anderlecht are a tidy enough outfit but Arsenal should have too much and hopefully whilst impressing going forwards won't give Anderlecht the chance to come at them and grab a goal themselves. The Arsenal win is a bit short but I reckon there's value in this.

offside goal for anderlecht nice

Going to make a completely outrageous call here.

Real Madrid v Liverpool - RM -2 (6/5) - I will be pretty surprised if this doesn't come in. Real Madrid are tearing apart everything in their path at the minute and Liverpool's team is as bad as it's been in years. 

FC Basel v Ludogorets - DRAW (13/5) - Ludogorets are actually a pretty good side. Basel are good but it seems to be against the English sides that they really raise their game and I don't think it's beyond the Bulgarians to get a draw here.

£10 returns £79.20

Malmo are 9/1 tonight. Just me who thinks that's pretty generous pricing? I don't think it's beyond them to win at home.

What an absolutely awful double.

I missed the weekends betting so will have 2 midweek punts to get back on track.... 

First one will be FOX APPEAL 7/4 in the 3.10 Kempton today. £10 pays £27.50

Obviously the name sticks out for this horse but its a reliable performer and should be there or there abouts.

Second bet, Champions League on Tuesday...

Real Madrid -1

Athletico Madrid -1

£10 pays £27.90

Well out of that lot its Real that let me down. They were supposed to be the banker.

Weekend double:

West Ham (8/11) vs Aston Villa - The Hammers are flying at home, won their last 3, including beating the reigning Premier League Champions Man City. Contrast that to Villa, who have lost their last 6 games, haven't scored in their last 3 away and didn't find the net in October at all. They have only registered 2 goals on their travels all season, only a certain side have scored fewer goals on their travels this season.

Grimsby (13/10) vs Oxford - I like the price here, a side in form against one hovering relegation in the league above. Grimsby have moved up to 2nd in the Conference in recent weeks on the back of 4 straight wins. They have only conceded 4 home goals this season in 9 games. Despite their defensive solidity they have an average home record of 4 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats. Contrast this to Oxford who sit a lowly 19th in League Two. They aren't great travellers, tasting defeat in 5 of their 8 away games picking up a solitary win so far this campaign. I fancy the form side at home to take the spoils and dump out the League Two side.

£10 double pays £39.73 with Skybet.

Since I missed the midweek round I will go again:

Birmingham (9/5) vs Cardiff - I hope Birmingham will ride the new manager syndrome a bit more here, after beating table topping Watford in the week confidence should be considerably higher and with former player Rowett at the helm I fancy Brum here. Cardiff are not good travellers, yet to win away from home this season registering 4 draws and 4 defeats in their 8 away games so far. Hoping their away day blues continue at St Andrews.

Ipswich (13/10) vs Watford - I always seem to pick Ipswich at home, they are usually a decent home side. Slightly risky as they are playing Watford who are obviously no mugs. I fancy Ipswich, who have won 5 of their 8 home games this season, losing only once to local rivals Norwich to compound the misery of defeat to Brum in midweek for Watford.

£10 double pays £64.40 with Skybet.

A decent return last week, and now time to push on. Finding value this week seemed tricky, but after reading around:

The FA Cup, Saturday, November 8th, 3pm Kickoff

Bury v Hemel Hemspstead (1/4)

There are always shocks in the FA Cup, but if professionalism, literally, shows through, Bury should negotiate this banana skin tie. Bury have two in form goalscorers in Danny Rose and the experienced Ryan Lowe who between them have bagged 13 goals this season. Bury are joint top scorers in League 2, where they have only lost 4 times this season so far and only once at Gigg Lane. Sitting 4th but only 2 points off top, Bury have enjoyed a fine start to the season.

Hemel Hempstead have reached the 1st round proper, but form in the Vanarama South has been less than impressive. The are unbeaten in the league away from home, but will not relish the long trip North, especially having only bagged 12 goals this season making them joint lowest scorers in the division, and with one eye on dropping out of the conference.

Always shock potential in the FA Cup,but this one has less shock potential than others. Home win.

Italian TIM Serie A, Sunday November 9th, 2pm Kickoff

Juventus v Parma (1/4)

Juve are notoriously strong at home. Having won every home league game this season in all competitions, Juve sit on top of the Serie A table with 25 points from 10 games. Carlos Tevez has hit top gear so far this season with 8 in 12 in all competitions, and has been ably backed up from midfield by Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal. With Juve only conceding 4 times this season, the odds are stacked against Parma.

Parma are embroiled in a relegation battle, and have lost 8 of 10, including 5 of the last 6. Defensive frailties have shown with the club conceding 23 goals, the worst tally in the Serie A. With just one away win registered against struggling Chievo, and one clean sheet all season, the trip to Juve couldnt have come at a worse time.

Football has a funny knack of producing shocks, and lets not forget Juventus didnt have things all their own way in a testing encounter vs Olympiakos on Tuesday and may look to freshen things up. But its hard to look past themen from Turin for this one.

The double is just over 1/2, £10 returns £15.63, for £5.63 profit, and to continue eeking out the slow, methodical wins.

They are indeed :)

Midweek was a write-off for everyone. We had two horses win in a dead heat for a profit of £3 or so each. Not a single football winner, mainly due to events at the emirates where Arsenal thought it'd be funny to go from 3-0 up to 3-3 in the last minute. Classic Arsenal. 

eeeeveryone looking to get back on track this weekend then, there's usually some stupid prices in the FA Cup first round, 1/3 or 2/5 shots that realistically should be about 1/7 or 1/8. Let's see if anyone can pick 'em lol

27ae8e16-1a2f-431a-8390-4cf2f1a4c6d4.png

I'm going for two FA Cup games, which is daft as there is usually upsets galore in the first round. 

Anyway, I'll have:

Scunny away to Forest Green @ 13/10

And Luton Town at home to Newport County @ 11/10

£10 pays £48.30

Still not bottom  :sweating: . Achievement. lol

Risking it here with a double over 2 days.

Bolton - 19/10 at home to Wigan. In top form, especially at home and Lennon seems to have reformed Bolton and re-instated the old feel-good factor at Bolton. Wigan don't seem to be doing anything special and surprised to see them so low in the table. Almost seems too good a price!

Southend - 1/3 at home to Chester FC. One of those that probably should be higher priced...

£10 returns £38.67

Accrington Warrington 0-4 Exeter @ 16/1 on Ladbrokes. Will put me well ahead of the crowd.

I expect Warrington to put up a decent fight but Exeter should have more than enough to put them to bed. Warrington are 17 in the Northern Premier Division One North, 5 divisions below Exeter.  

Archived