Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

Still not bottom  :sweating: . Achievement. lol

Risking it here with a double over 2 days.

Bolton - 19/10 at home to Wigan. In top form, especially at home and Lennon seems to have reformed Bolton and re-instated the old feel-good factor at Bolton. Wigan don't seem to be doing anything special and surprised to see them so low in the table. Almost seems too good a price!

Southend - 1/3 at home to Chester FC. One of those that probably should be higher priced...

£10 returns £38.67

Don't you dare fvck up, Southend...

Braga vs Gil Vicente- Going all Portuguese in my first pick tomorrow- Braga won all of their four home games (including one against Benifca) this season and they play the bottom side Gil Vicente with just one points from four away games this season. The odds should be lower than 4/10 with this kind of match up.

Bury vs Hemel Hempstead- If Donut has already do a write up on this match then there is not much that I can do to better his effort!

£10 returns £17.50

West Ham vs Aston Villa- Already covered by Howard and I also can not quite bring myself to bet against Leicester!

Chelsea vs Liverpool- Chelsea has looked ruthless this season and they won 2-0 at Anfield last season in the same game as Gerrard's infamous slip so they already have experience of winning at Anfield. Combine that with Liverpool's shaky defence and attacking woes so Chelsea should be able to win.

£10 returns £40.25

Hoping to preserve my record of having at least one winner every weekend!

Anonymous John @ 4/7 (Place Market, 2 places) 1.15 @ Doncaster

Going conservative here, the horse should win and is marginally favourite to do so. It won on heavy ground (probably similar to tomorrow) on its last outing, and beat a subsequent winner by a length, and the two had pulled miles clear of everyone else in what was admittedly a weaker contest. Johnny B Goode is the obvious danger and although I don't think good enough to beat Anonymous John on the form and how he should act on the ground the place betting gives us some extra security. 

Wolfsburg (vs Hamburg) @ 4/7 

Wolfsburg's form reads WDWWWWWWW. impressive. they are second in the bundesliga and at home seem a good price to stay there. They have only dropped points at home once this season and that was on their opening home fixture over 2 months ago. Hamburg battled relegation all of last season and look set to do similar this year, just 2 points above the drop zone. Despite a surprising result at Dortmund earlier in the season there aren't many reasons to think they can get anything here, as that's their only away win for over a year, and they've lost an incredible 12 of their last 14 league away games, failing to score in 7 of them. Wolfsburg warmed up for Sunday's game with a 5-1 home win on Thursday and will be looking for more of the same here. 

The double on PaddyPower pays £24.70. 

Anonymous John @ 4/7 (Place Market, 2 places) 1.15 @ Doncaster

Going conservative here, the horse should win and is marginally favourite to do so. It won on heavy ground (probably similar to tomorrow) on its last outing, and beat a subsequent winner by a length, and the two had pulled miles clear of everyone else in what was admittedly a weaker contest. Johnny B Goode is the obvious danger and although I don't think good enough to beat Anonymous John on the form and how he should act on the ground the place betting gives us some extra security. 

Wolfsburg (vs Hamburg) @ 4/7 

Wolfsburg's form reads WDWWWWWWW. impressive. they are second in the bundesliga and at home seem a good price to stay there. They have only dropped points at home once this season and that was on their opening home fixture over 2 months ago. Hamburg battled relegation all of last season and look set to do similar this year, just 2 points above the drop zone. Despite a surprising result at Dortmund earlier in the season there aren't many reasons to think they can get anything here, as that's their only away win for over a year, and they've lost an incredible 12 of their last 14 league away games, failing to score in 7 of them. Wolfsburg warmed up for Sunday's game with a 5-1 home win on Thursday and will be looking for more of the same here. 

The double on PaddyPower pays £24.70. 

Good find re Wolfsburg, I never can be bothered to look abroad. Tempted to have a punt on that tomorrow. 

Good find re Wolfsburg, I never can be bothered to look abroad. Tempted to have a punt on that tomorrow. 

yeah they should piss it really, think you can get as big as 4/6 elsewhere. was debating them -1 or -2 or win to nil but thought i'd play it as safe as possible and just hope they win :D 

Anonymous John, the first part of my double absolutely hacked up. Won by about 10 lengths with just one crack of the whip after cruising. I had 4/7 for it to come in the first two, was @ 2/1 for the win when I posted last night. Shame I played so conservatively but we'll take the first part and hope Wolfsburg do the business for a tidy 6/4 double tomorrow. 

Still not bottom  :sweating: . Achievement. lol

Risking it here with a double over 2 days.

Bolton - 19/10 at home to Wigan. In top form, especially at home and Lennon seems to have reformed Bolton and re-instated the old feel-good factor at Bolton. Wigan don't seem to be doing anything special and surprised to see them so low in the table. Almost seems too good a price!

Southend - 1/3 at home to Chester FC. One of those that probably should be higher priced...

£10 returns £38.67

This is just fvcking stupid now. 

A nice FA cup double from Grandad. saw him move from 26th alllll the way up to 8th and into profit. Love all that. 

I picked up a winner but a slightly disappointing one (if there is such a thing lol). I tipped a winning horse but only backed it to place and said up there I'd considered Wolfsburg on the handicap and to win to nil but only backed the win, and they went and won 2-0. Still, profit's profit and I'm nearly in the green. Donut gave us another winner as is almost expected nowadays :D which sees him creep into the top 3 proving the slow and steady building of profit is working nicely for him. Hirsty The Blue 94's (blind) faith in City nearly saw him land a nice single but we all know what happened in the end :( 

Not much change elsewhere with a decent few not tipping anything and a few unlucky with their picks. 

We now hit a dreaded international break that not only takes away decent football but also messes with our midweek/weekend schedule  :rolleyes:. Not sure how to play it, maybe one tip from Monday-Sunday and another from the Monday after until the Friday that normal soccer returns? We'll play it by ear and see what tips come in. 

303be73b-42b0-4b03-91f7-502fc623895d.png

Very happy with my small double. Bury left it late at home to Hemel Hempstead, but Juve pulled out a stellar performance to dispose of Parma 7-0 in Turin. Very happy with that

Missed the weekend betting so will have a couple midweek,

First up is MOUJIK BORGET 12/1 in the 2.10 Huntingdon Tuesday. £5 e/w (1/4 odds, 3 places) £85 win, £20 place. Stable in good form, not been seen for a while but he won last year in november on similar ground after a long absence. Slightly longer trip which might be a concern, reckon its worth a cheeky virtual punt.

Fvck it, second punt will be a risky £5 e/w double. Both @ Sedgefield on Tuesday

Tahiti Pearl 9/2 (1/4 odds, 2 places), 2.20

C&D winner here in January on heavy ground, 5 out of 6 career wins were at Sedgefield. Should be there or there abouts. Downside is the race has only 2 places.

Rock Relief 7/1 (1/5 odds, 3 places), 2.40

Bit risky this one, a few place results but this is a weak race. Hoping for a bit of improvement.  

I would find a third horse and stick them in an e/w Patent if was using real money but for this comp i'll risk the e/w double. I can't do any worse that I already am  lol

Missed the weekend betting so will have a couple midweek,

First up is MOUJIK BORGET 12/1 in the 2.10 Huntingdon Tuesday. £5 e/w (1/4 odds, 3 places) £85 win, £20 place. Stable in good form, not been seen for a while but he won last year in november on similar ground after a long absence. Slightly longer trip which might be a concern, reckon its worth a cheeky virtual punt.

Non runner. Will go for ANOTHER MATTIE in the 1.50 @ Huntingdon instead. 7/1 £5 e/w (1/5 odds, 3 places)

Archived