Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

This should be void as Billericay's match got called off...

Just because the other selection lost you mean?! If it was a proper bet in the bookies, the void selection would just go to a single so I think it should be going down as a loser myself.

Edit - just seen scouses reply lol

Just because the other selection lost you mean?! If it was a proper bet in the bookies, the void selection would just go to a single so I think it should be going down as a loser myself.

Edit - just seen scouses reply lol

Bert, i know lol. I wasn't being entirely serious!

Right then, here goes. 

Internationals are over. The jumps season is a rockin'n'rollin with a boss meeting at Cheltenham last week. We had the whole bloody grand prix of darts. Judy Murray got voted off of strictly! What a bloody fun few weeks. Some didn't tip much, some tipped loads. Some didn't win much, some won loads. It's all been happening. 

Archem got a winner! he's off the bottom of the league, about flippin' time :D Ashley gave us his first tip and bagged a win too, joining the green club. Every time I get close to such illustrious company I bloody back a donkey and fall back again lol. Early pace setters Tom17LCFC and Hirsty The Blue 94 both got back to winning ways through slightly different routes, Tom with a more conventional football double, Hirsty with a cracker of a strictly come dancing tip, which he won't be judged for as it won! separator gave us our biggest priced horse winner of the competition so far in the week, @ 10/3 in a competitive little affair. DanLCFC, Ross Kemp, HowardsBulletHeader and chrislcfc also waded in with decent winners in the course of the last 10 days.

We now have a fairly decent 10 people (nearly a third) in profit for the two months we've been rolling. And everyone who's tipped at least once a week has now had at least one winner! Woo hoo. Well in everyone, hopefully a whole heap more can get up there over the weekend cos there's a pile of us in touching distance, just need a solid tip over the coming days. 

06d7b0a8-f274-47cd-91a2-23f6f057d690.png

Table shows we've done a full 8 weeks of two tips a week now, so 16 is the aim but obviously not everyone's been able to throw us a tip every few days. Anyone on 13/14 etc who might be debating between two horses or three footy teams over the weekend feel free to give us two £10 tips for the table. Oh and like Ashley did last week if you're pretty sure i've missed anything or added your profit/loss up wrong then let us know, with 34 tipsters giving tips on everything from the 2.50 at kempton to darts handicaps to strictly come dancing it wouldn't surprise me if I missed one or two out lol

Weekend, proper footy, proper racing, proper betting. GO. 

Good work Scouse, never realised my 10/3 pick this week was the biggest win for a horse in this comp, shame i'm still in 30th place  lol

Weekend tip is SILVINIACO CONTI in the Betfair Chase on Saturday (Haydock, 3.00). 3/1 £10 win bet

A horse I normally look out for in what will be a competitive race. Last couple of outings haven't been great but trainer Paul Nicholls has been bullish about his chances this week and those previous 2 races should hopefully get him match fit for this. He won this in 2012 and is fav @ 3/1 with Hills at the moment, with 9 horses declared for the race.

Cardiff & btts v Reading. 10/3. Have won their last 4 games at home while conceding. Reading are a team capable of both conceding and scoring.

Leicester & btts  v Sunderland 10/3 - Leicester will be keen to show the fans they can still attack, there is no better opportunity to show this against an ageing Sunderland defence at home. Still shakey at the back and always likely to concede one.

17.77/1. £10 = £187.70

Cardiff & btts v Reading. 10/3. Have won their last 4 games at home while conceding. Reading are a team capable of both conceding and scoring.

Leicester & btts v Sunderland 10/3 - Leicester will be keen to show the fans they can still attack, there is no better opportunity to show this against an ageing Sunderland defence at home. Still shakey at the back and always likely to concede one.

17.77/1. £10 = £187.70

Brave to think we currently have the ability to score more than once. Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Mannone or Vergini might help us out though which is the only way I can see us scoring two.

Brave to think we currently have the ability to score more than once. Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Mannone or Vergini might help us out though which is the only way I can see us scoring two.

We're not the first team to have a drought in front of goal and we won't be the last. I'd be very surprised if we don't score tomorrow given the circumstances.

Scouse you're an absolute ledge for doing this and keeping it going. Top stuff mate.

it's no trouble, i enjoy it. get to see who's winning and who's losing, gives people a bet or two they wouldn't have thought of before either.

Won 2-1. £16.60 back

always nice to wake up to a winner :D 

for the weekend...

Everton (vs West Ham) @ 10/11 

Everton are starting to click this season and have won 3-0 twice in their last 3 home games, drawing 0-0 in the other. West ham have had a great start to the season but Everton should be beating them, and usually after 10 or so games is when the season starts to pan out as you'd expect, and these two should be swapping places in the table sooner rather than later. 

BTTS YES (Bristol City vs Preston) @ 13/20

short price on a BTTS market but i'd be amazed if it didn't come in. top two in the league face off. Bristol City's last 5 home games read 2-1, 1-0, 2-2, 3-2, 3-2. goals goals goals. BTTS landed in 4/5 and with Preston being a stronger team than the oldham team who failed to score I'm hopeful it lands again here. Preston have hit a rut and have lost 3 in a row in the league, so Bristol City could be a bet to win the game but i'd expect Preston to go for it in an attempt to reduce the gap at the top. If either team tries to win this game you'd imagine both will be good enough to take advantage of any overly attacking opposition. 

a tenner would pay £31.50 and finally get me back in the green for the first time since week two should it land. 

Anyway, picks for tomorrow.

MK Dons to beat Port Vale 4/6

Leyton Orient to beat Crewe 8/13

£10 pays £26.92.

Tad brave considering they have not win at home and their recent form is nothing special!

Anyway- Four bets this weekend to catch up!

Dundee United vs Kilmanock- Dundee United has been unbeaten at home this season with five wins out of six. Their opponents are on a losing run with three successive defeats including at home against bottom side Ross Country last time out so their morale will be not great.

Inverness vs Motherwell- Inverness has rose to second out of nowhere with three wins in last five games. Their only defeat in their sequence came against Celtic. They are also unbeaten at home with three wins in five. Motherwell has possibly worst away record in the division with just four points out of potential 21 points in their away matches. They have also just came out of six matches losing run with a 1-0 home win over Dundee Utd so I think they are still vulnerable. 

£10 returns £30.60

MK Dons vs Port Vale- They won their last two games including against their today opponents away in their last game which could be a bit of psychological boost. They also have a decent home record with five wins from seven. Port Vale has a very mixed away record and I think MK Dons will have enough in their locker to reap three points tomorrow.

Macclesfield vs Alfreton- Unbeaten since September and three succesive home wins including one against leaders Barnet and an unbeaten home record see Macclesfield in a good nick at the moment and they are steadily rising into play-offs places. Their opponents Alfreton lost eight out of their ten away games this season. Conference teams tend to have generous home prices so strong home teams in Conference such as Eastleigh,Chester and Macclesfield are usually good value.

£10 returns £29.61

Blackburn vs Leeds-  Taking a bit of risk on this one but Blackburn usually claim high scoring home win every now and then and they are unbeaten since late September. Marry that with Leeds's tendency to implode in away games ( Think Brentford,Rotherdam,Cardiff etc) make this worth a punt.

Fleetwood vs Walsall- Another wildcard- Fleetwood are unbeaten at home with four wins from eight including three wins on bounce in their last three home games so they are beginning to build a bit of a fortress. Walsall is having a dissapointing season so far and with a weak away record including defeat against Shrewsbury in cup last time out, I can see Fleetwood taking advantage of that. 

£10 returns £43.18

Chelsea with Costa anytime vs West Brom- I can see Costa bullying West Brom's defence.

£10 returns £18

After taking a rest during the internationals, its time to get back to winning ways. Lots of short priced fixtures around Europe this week so plenty of people looking at big favourites, and i doubt my selections will raise too many eyebrows this week:

Saturday, November 22nd, Barclays Premier League, 3pm Kick Off

Chelsea v West Brom (2/9)

Just saying Chelsea are a really, really good team would suffice, but they hold something of a recent curse over West Brom at Stamford Bridge having won 4 of the last 5 meetings there and having scored 20 goals, the only blot coming with a controversial Hazard penalty being needed last season to rescue a draw. Unsurprisingly theyre topping the form table as well taking 16 points from 18.

Chelsea also boast a perfect record at home in the league this season, where Diego Costa at times has been running riot, bagging 6 goals against his home fans.

If West Brom want encouragement, theyve done well against Chelsea at home, with 2 wins and a draw from the last 5 meetings between the sides. Keeping 4 clean sheets this season also shows at times, they can be resloute and difficult to brak down. They have picked up a couple of notable away wins this season at Spurs and Leicester both 1-0, but with only the solitary win at Leicester in their last 5, itll be a tough trip to London.

Its a dangerous game to predict a comfortable home win, but Chelsea should have plenty here.

Sunday, November 23rd, Spanish Primera Liga BBVA, 4pm Kick Off

Levante v Valencia (7/10)

This looks like excellent value, but the gut reaction isnt 100% sure, but sure enough to place it. They do say that form goes out of the window in derby games, but lets hope for the sake of this bet that it doesnt for a day.

Valencia have lost just once on the road this season, and have notched a couple of big wins along the way against Getafe and Villarreal. Highly rated Pablo Alcacer has 4 goals to his name, but the rest of the squad have been chipping in too, which is an excellent sign. Recent form has been good too, just the one loss in the last 6 has left them with the chance of joining Real Madrid at the top come the end of the weekend, results pending of course.

Having the second best defence in the league, coming up against an attack that has managed just 7 goals in 11 games wont fill Levante with confidence. Throw into the equation conceding 30 as well, and its no wonder they are relegation candidates. Of their 2 wins this season, 1 of them was a home win, but their record against the ''big'' sides is a real worry, even at home. Real Madrid and Barcelona both put 5 past them, and they were on the wrong end of a morale sapping 3-0 defeat last weekend to Celta Vigo.

Im going away win here.

£10 returns £20.78 for a £10.78 profit.

it's no trouble, i enjoy it. get to see who's winning and who's losing, gives people a bet or two they wouldn't have thought of before either.

always nice to wake up to a winner :D

for the weekend...

Everton (vs West Ham) @ 10/11

Everton are starting to click this season and have won 3-0 twice in their last 3 home games, drawing 0-0 in the other. West ham have had a great start to the season but Everton should be beating them, and usually after 10 or so games is when the season starts to pan out as you'd expect, and these two should be swapping places in the table sooner rather than later.

BTTS YES (Bristol City vs Preston) @ 13/20

short price on a BTTS market but i'd be amazed if it didn't come in. top two in the league face off. Bristol City's last 5 home games read 2-1, 1-0, 2-2, 3-2, 3-2. goals goals goals. BTTS landed in 4/5 and with Preston being a stronger team than the oldham team who failed to score I'm hopeful it lands again here. Preston have hit a rut and have lost 3 in a row in the league, so Bristol City could be a bet to win the game but i'd expect Preston to go for it in an attempt to reduce the gap at the top. If either team tries to win this game you'd imagine both will be good enough to take advantage of any overly attacking opposition.

a tenner would pay £31.50 and finally get me back in the green for the first time since week two should it land.

I'm following Scouse again.

Like the look of both of these, not bad value either.

Archived