Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ScouseFox

Foxestalk's Friendly Tipping Competition

So friday comes to an end and we're back to another weekend of tips. Huge races here and in ireland, big footy matches around the world as per. Winners to be had, no doubt. 

Midweek was a tough one, as the Champions League usually is. The banker bets pay 1/4 or something daft and the seek for value usually results in a loss! However, we had a few winners. Dan gave us two winners, one on each champions league matchday, both comfortable winners too. That's moved him on up the league. Stan got himself off the foot of the table with a nice over 2.5 winner, was all but in by half time in both games. eezeh. I got done in the 93rd minute, Bert got done by an aguero masterclass with about 2 minutes to go, too. Heartbreak. 

For about the 4th week in a row i really want to tip up Leicester not to score but i can't bring myself to do it lol. Will find my bet in the next few hours i think, everyone else get involved. 

1abae3b9-5027-41b7-9a1b-69eec9e84f3b.png

Weekend tip is SMAD PLACE in the Henessey Gold Cup on Saturday (Newbury, 3pm). 7/1, £10 win bet

Trainer Alan King has been targeting this race for Smad Place for the last 6 months, who has won on this course twice previously. 5 of the last 9 Henessey cup winners have been 7yo like Smad, and has every chance in this race. Smad Place is currently 2nd fav out of 19 runners with Hills.

Going to be taking a sabbatical on saturday, with the aim to return for the midweek premiership action Scousefox. Had a new router fitted at home and have mostly been posting in the forums off my phone, so ill put some better research in ready for the action tuesday and wednesday.

Going to be taking a sabbatical on saturday, with the aim to return for the midweek premiership action Scousefox. Had a new router fitted at home and have mostly been posting in the forums off my phone, so ill put some better research in ready for the action tuesday and wednesday.

Excellent, my write ups will not be overshadowed by your write ups for a change lol

No worries Donut, back with a winner midweek then! 

I'm with: 

Arsenal (@ WBA) @ 4/5 

Think after a morale boosting win over Dortmund, Arsenal will kick on from here. Their premier league form is pretty suspect but with Giroud on his way back and West Brom being a pretty poor team themselves I think the arsenal should take this

More Of That @ 1/2, 2.25 Newbury

Best horse in the race by a mile. World Hurdle winner at Cheltenham and unbeaten in his career. Form doesn't really ever get better than that. The only slight issue could be the fact it's first time out for the season, but he tends to go well fresh and should be fine on the ground. AP on board back from injury too. 1/2 is short but on the base of it seems great value considering if he runs at anything more than about 60% he should win easily. 

That double could pay £27. 

Bournemouth vs Millwall- The Cherries is enjoying a fine season so far and are second in the table and they just came through tough back to back games against Middlesborough and Ipswich and emerged unbeaten so they will be full of confidence. They play the perennial relegation candidates Millwall who have not won in four games. 

MK Dons vs Colchester- MK Dons is in a decent nick at home with six wins in nine games. They play lowly Colchester who lost three of their last four games including at home against Coventry who is not exactly illustrious themselves last time out.  

£10 returns £26.09

Hartlepool vs Wycombe I have read a feature recently on Hartlepool- they boast worst home record in all four divisions last season and it looks like it will be the same story this season with just one home win in nine. They play away kings Wycombe whose success so far this season is based on their excellent away form which read 6-2-1. 20 of 35 points they gathered this season has came from away matches. Their last away game was a 4-1 drubbing of Cheltenham and that will be an excellent confidence boost for The Chairboys. They even have same odds as Plymouth at home below and looking at Plymouth's home record, it says it all!

Plymouth vs York Play off contenders Plymouth won seven of their nine home games this season with their only defeat against away kings Wycombe. That was in September and they have won all of their home games in all competitions including Swindon in the cup so they will be looking for another three points against York who are a shadow of their former selves. 

£10 returns tasty £42.02 

Two weekend doubles as I am a few behind:

MK Dons (4/7) vs Colchester - As already outlined above and in my previous post, MK Dons are a decent home side prior to failing to see of Rochdale costing my double in midweek. Can't see a poor Colchester side troubling them here.

Plymouth (21/20) vs York - Plymouth have a terrific home record with 7 wins from 9, tasting defeat just the once. This includes winning their last 5 home outings scoring 10, without conceding a goal. In fact, Plymouth have the tightest home defence in League Two conceding just twice in their 9 games this season. York are a better away side than they are at home, where they are yet to win, as they have won 3 from 9 on their travels. They have won their last two away matches but these have been against lowly Hartlepool and fellow strugglers Cheltenham. Plymouth should have the home strength to see off York here.

£10 double pays £32.21 with Skybet

Bolton (23/20) vs Huddersfield - The Trotters home form has definitely picked up since Neil Lennon took over, winning their last 3, finding the net 3 times in each game. This has lifted them outside the bottom three and they will be looking to kick on against a Huddersfield side who are looking over their shoulders themselves being just 3 points above the drop zone. Huddersfield have picked up just 2 wins from 9 on their travels, tasting defeat 5 times. Their problem is keeping the back door shut, they have shipped 31 goals this season, a total only Fulham with 33 can "beat". They are also the second highest conceders away from home (20 in 9 games), again only Fulham have a worse record with 26. Looking for Bolton to march on at home.

Swansea (3/4) vs Palace - Both sides meeting at the Liberty are arguably 'home' sides. They both struggle on the road and both have a decent home record. The Swans have won 4 out of their 6 home games so far, beating Arsenal in their last home fixture. The big Ivorian Wilfried Bony is firing again and I would expect he has the class alongside Sigurdsson to put a Palace side to the sword. Palace have won just 1 of their 6 away games so far this season, picking up just 1 point from their last 3 away days. Expect the Swans to win again at home.

£10 double pays £37.63

Two weekend doubles as I am a few behind:

MK Dons (4/7) vs Colchester - As already outlined above and in my previous post, MK Dons are a decent home side prior to failing to see of Rochdale costing my double in midweek. Can't see a poor Colchester side troubling them here.

Plymouth (21/20) vs York - Plymouth have a terrific home record with 7 wins from 9, tasting defeat just the once. This includes winning their last 5 home outings scoring 10, without conceding a goal. In fact, Plymouth have the tightest home defence in League Two conceding just twice in their 9 games this season. York are a better away side than they are at home, where they are yet to win, as they have won 3 from 9 on their travels. They have won their last two away matches but these have been against lowly Hartlepool and fellow strugglers Cheltenham. Plymouth should have the home strength to see off York here.

£10 double pays £32.21 with Skybet

Bolton (23/20) vs Huddersfield - The Trotters home form has definitely picked up since Neil Lennon took over, winning their last 3, finding the net 3 times in each game. This has lifted them outside the bottom three and they will be looking to kick on against a Huddersfield side who are looking over their shoulders themselves being just 3 points above the drop zone. Huddersfield have picked up just 2 wins from 9 on their travels, tasting defeat 5 times. Their problem is keeping the back door shut, they have shipped 31 goals this season, a total only Fulham with 33 can "beat". They are also the second highest conceders away from home (20 in 9 games), again only Fulham have a worse record with 26. Looking for Bolton to march on at home.

Swansea (3/4) vs Palace - Both sides meeting at the Liberty are arguably 'home' sides. They both struggle on the road and both have a decent home record. The Swans have won 4 out of their 6 home games so far, beating Arsenal in their last home fixture. The big Ivorian Wilfried Bony is firing again and I would expect he has the class alongside Sigurdsson to put a Palace side to the sword. Palace have won just 1 of their 6 away games so far this season, picking up just 1 point from their last 3 away days. Expect the Swans to win again at home.

£10 double pays £37.63

Effing 94th bastard minute.

On a bit of a slide in here and in real life too!

nightmare today, couldn't decide between more of that and irving to double with arsenal. arsenal win, irving wins and i play it "safe" choosing more of that who didn't see out the trip. bugger. 

Gonna go for a Glasgow double for my tip this weekend.

Rangers to beat Kilmarnock (7/10) and Celtic to beat Hearts (4/9).

£10 double pays £24.56.

Shocking today.

Think I'm still a few behind so I'll one tomorrow too, Juve and Roma double at 5/4.

going to double your doubles i think, both look pretty strong. here's hoping boys. 

Archived