Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

So it is what I thought, albeit on a tiny joke of a roundabout.  He's still the one in the right here since being the one already on the 'roundabout' he has right of way and you should never assume somebody plans to leave a 'roundabout' if they're not indicating to do so.

In addition you said they slowed significantly which to me wouldn't indicate that they planned to go straight on.  That leaves you with the assumption that they're taking either the 1st or 3rd exit. Since you didn't see them leave at the 1st you could probably figure out their intention.

Last but not least, you're on a bike!  You're the one who's going to take the most damage in a collision so it's in your own interest to be extra cautious in ambiguous scenarios where you can't come to a safe assumption.

Almost - the car was in the wrong for not indicating too...

Highway Code 186 states...When taking an exit to the right or going full circle, unless signs or markings indicate otherwise

- signal right and approach in the right-hand lane

- keep to the right on the roundabout until you need to change lanes to exit the roundabout

- signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.

You should always give way to people on the roundabout as you say, and you should be aware that other road users may not be signalling correctly or at all, but the driver was in the wrong for not indicating right.

Nothing annoyed me but i think i must have given a few drivers cause for concern, I got hammered last night for the first time in a long time, had to go into town in the morning to put some cash in the bank. I went to sleep at 5 and woke up at 9 still pissed so i wasn't driving and thought i would feel better if i walked into town which is about a 30 minute walk.

I was a danger to cars felt so rough i couldn't judge distances and nearly got ran over twice, my head was up my arse i would cross a road then after think i didn't even look to see if there was any traffic, after i finished in the bank I grabbed a Taxi and got my stupid ass home

Not really on the road but I was walking down the street and a women was glaring at me and even turned her head as I walked past. I shouted "what you f'ing looking at" to her......then I turned around and she turned out to be obviously mental disabled. Felt a bit bad afterwards, still annoyed me though.

• Like 1

Not really on the road but I was walking down the street and a women was glaring at me and even turned her head as I walked past. I shouted "what you f'ing looking at" to her......then I turned around and she turned out to be obviously mental disabled. Felt a bit bad afterwards, still annoyed me though.

134900-bubbles-oh-my-fuck-gif-Imgur-t-4e

Got cut up by a lorry this morning at a roundabout, which was annoying enough in itself, and then a cyclist followed him in cutting me up. He then tried to justify it by saying that 'the lorry had blocked your route so I went anyway'. He didn't seem to understand that he couldn't just dictate traffic simply because another idiot has.

Got cut up by a lorry this morning at a roundabout, which was annoying enough in itself, and then a cyclist followed him in cutting me up. He then tried to justify it by saying that 'the lorry had blocked your route so I went anyway'. He didn't seem to understand that he couldn't just dictate traffic simply because another idiot has.

With all those cyclist videos lately lambasting drivers, they've grown an even larger sense of entitlement to the road. I swear they do whatever the **** they want.

• Like 1

With all those cyclist videos lately lambasting drivers, they've grown an even larger sense of entitlement to the road. I swear they do whatever the **** they want.

Definitely, of course he had all the gear and then rode off like he was heading towards the final stage of the tour also.

It was mainly the fact that he tried to justify cutting me up by saying he was just following what the last idiot had done that annoyed me. I've cycled on roads many times and can honestly say that I've never annoyed a motorist, bar being slower than them.

Definitely, of course he had all the gear and then rode off like he was heading towards the final stage of the tour also.

It was mainly the fact that he tried to justify cutting me up by saying he was just following what the last idiot had done that annoyed me. I've cycled on roads many times and can honestly say that I've never annoyed a motorist, bar being slower than them.

That's it, it's a certain type of moronic cyclist that gives others a bad name. I've used the roads hundreds of times for cycling too, but I can honestly say I've always done so with care and consideration for all road users, and never annoyed anyone else, let alone tried to get on my high horse about it. ............

Which leads me on to another one. Horses strolling through the village at the busiest time of day, side by side, holding traffic up. Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhh! I know that's been done to death on here, so I'll leave it at that, but I had to encounter it again today.

People who, turning onto a 60mph road, will pull out in front of you making you brake and then precede to do 40mph. Why, when there's nothing behind me at all, can't you just wait 5 seconds for me to pass so you don't hold me up for miles? If you're so far under the speed limit you're blatantly not in any hurry. Tends to be old people who are awful for this, bloody nuisances. You can hardly abuse them for it either, because nobody feels good swearing at and flipping off an 85 year old woman.

On my way from Leicester to Bristol yesterday. Silly old cnut obviously just finished eating his sarnie in the hard shoulder and decides to pull out.

What a bellend! As if anyone can think it's safe to move into a live lane from stationary it's common sense to build your speed up first :unsure:

When your doing 60 on a decent enough road and a lorry sees you, but rather than stopping at their junction they decide to pull out anyway. Thinking they own the road. Was very close to crashing and would have hit him had I not read the situation and already started to break.

Cyclists (though I'll use the term loosely this time), AGAIN! Last night, on the way home from work, driving through the main street in the village, 2 cvnts in their late teens/early twenties in the middle of the road doing fvcking wheelies! At the time I actually hoped one would fall off and sh1t himself because I'd have been behind them.

I wasn't a total idiot though, I did leave space between them and myself, because even though I wanted to sh1t them up a bit, I don't fancy getting locked up for running them over!

Edited by Darkon84