Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

My best friend's Dad died in March, and at his life celebration last weekend, much amusement was expressed that he refused to go above 50 on the motorway, so parsimonious was he about spending money. 

He was a great guy but I gather he did get stopped by the police for going too slowly. 

He would have been in his element northbound on the M1. Most of its now 50mph up to the A1!!!!

2 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Doing sub 30 on a road which is national speed limit. Not a dangerous road etc, conditions excellent.

Revoke their licence!!!!

More than likely said this in this thread before but Beggars Lane is terrible for this. People creeping down it at 30, braking at the very sight of another car on the opposite side of the road. It's barmy.

Two special mentions for this thread - first to the van man who keeps driving down the pavement on Tay Rd in New Lubbesthorpe when I'm doing my morning run, in an attempt to avoid the humps. At least he gets back on the road when he sees me.

Also to the very special people who, when parking in my not-very-busy work car park, decide to spend time reversing into a space when you can just drive through so you're facing outwards. Baffles me daily.

19 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

More than likely said this in this thread before but Beggars Lane is terrible for this. People creeping down it at 30, braking at the very sight of another car on the opposite side of the road. It's barmy.

Two special mentions for this thread - first to the van man who keeps driving down the pavement on Tay Rd in New Lubbesthorpe when I'm doing my morning run, in an attempt to avoid the humps. At least he gets back on the road when he sees me.

Also to the very special people who, when parking in my not-very-busy work car park, decide to spend time reversing into a space when you can just drive through so you're facing outwards. Baffles me daily.

Beggars lane is tight in some places to be fair, the road I was referring to, they have no excuses.

First time I drove on the road through new lubbesthorpe (not long after it opened), after the first speed bump I thought f"ck this and went on the pavement🤣.

The outlined plan did not include speedbumps..... they should be removed for other traffic calming measures once the site is near completion. As to whether they will🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Bloody cows on the road!

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

Stick some blue lights on your car and approach at ramming speed

They're cows, not rams. :P

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Keeping their reverse bay parking skills up to scratch?

18 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

That's not "on the roads" though, so it doesn't count. 

After 3 incidences in a week of cars coming towards me crossing the centre line by quite a lot for no reason before the driver remembers they're in control of a vehicle and correcting it, I'm wondering if staying on your side of the road is no longer considered a basic requirement of driving

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

• 2 weeks later...

The m1 50mph limit. Just cos a lane is closed why drop the speed limit so much it’s a joke. Are drivers that shit that they can’t drive at 70 with one less lane. Anyway also on this when it’s the 50 limit and in the right lane folks are going 45. So annoying. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The m1 50mph limit. Just cos a lane is closed why drop the speed limit so much it’s a joke. Are drivers that shit that they can’t drive at 70 with one less lane. Anyway also on this when it’s the 50 limit and in the right lane folks are going 45. So annoying. 

It's frustrating because most dual carriageways have a normal running 70 mph limit and there's no issue. Why indeed does it suddenly become unsafe when a motorway has a lane closed.

And it's 50mph for about 40 miles.

If they hadn't removed the hard shoulder to make a 4th live lane, people would still be doing 70 with 3 lanes. Although TBH it's pretty much impossible to reach the speed limit on any major motorway even without roadworks.

It's also quite amusing to see the signs saying "we are also working night shifts".

Edited by Parafox

Gated roads are fun when you've got a passenger in the car to open and close them. Today, I tried using a gated road as a short cut near Tilton-on-the-Hill. Having driven along it for over a mile in my otherwise empty car, suddenly there was a gate, with a flock of sheep loitering with intent to escape on the other side. If I'd opened the gate, returned to the car to drive through, then closed it again myself, the sheep would all have escaped. The only option was the sheepish one - to turn round and go back. Was I annoyed with the gate or the sheep? No, I was annoyed with myself for risking using a gated road without a passenger in the car to help out.   

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Gated roads are fun when you've got a passenger in the car to open and close them. Today, I tried using a gated road as a short cut near Tilton-on-the-Hill. Having driven along it for over a mile in my otherwise empty car, suddenly there was a gate, with a flock of sheep loitering with intent to escape on the other side. If I'd opened the gate, returned to the car to drive through, then closed it again myself, the sheep would all have escaped. The only option was the sheepish one - to turn round and go back. Was I annoyed with the gate or the sheep? No, I was annoyed with myself for risking using a gated road without a passenger in the car to help out.   

Ok we get your point so stop bleating on about it

• Haha 1

Joining M1 at J21 heading north.

Car in front is at 30-35mph. No intention of accelerating, clear slip road in front of them.

They then brake to a near stop and put their indicator on at the point of the merge. M1 was empty...... 

REMOVE THEIR FCKING LICENCE IMMEDIATELY

• Like 1

Travelling past Fosse Park on Soar Valley Way tonight, just by Next. Kid on a scooter cuts right across the whole carriageway, both directions! Dark clothes and no lights, obviously. I've no idea how we all missed him. 

7 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

Was on the M5 a couple of weeks ago.  Idiot tearing down the outside lane hard cut across three lanes to get onto a slip road at the last minute.  Don't know how we all missed him.

That really winds me up. Someone overtook me a few hundred metres before where I was turning off then cut back in front of me to take the same turn off.

• 2 weeks later...

M25, fast lane - doing between 75 - 80, motorbike (shock horror) decided to undertake along the white line between me and the middle lane. Manoeuvred my car just nicely to cut him off so he couldn’t fly past, shame he didn’t go over the handlebars. Instead he went into the far left lane and undertook 3 cars and a lorry, tw@t

Edited by Tommy G

My fault... pulled from small side street to other smallish street... scooter in my blind spot meant i didnt see and didnt give, nearly hitting the scooter...rider justifiably banged on the side of my car as i  nearly killed them... sorry :)

• Like 1

Tailgaters when queueing in the overtaking lane but half a mile ahead a lorry is overtaking. Drives me crazy - are you blind or just selfish, I exercised a complete lack of grace and continued to drive at 55 once the lorry had overtaken and took a whole minute longer to overtake the line of lorries . The guy then drew level wound his window down and uttered a few choice words. 

Edited by Benguin