Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Not on the road as such but on the pavement.

Fella reverses his builders truck out his drive, across the pavement and then stops to use his phone.

Meanwhile everyone walking along the path has to walk around the back of his wagon stepping out onto the road to get past.

Inconsiderate cvnt.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

15 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

Electric cars.

I've started cycling to and from training to get fit again and I hate electric cars as you can't hear them until they are right on you

Same. I try to stay on roads, but these really make it hairy, but when I've taken to the pavement it's the same with e-scooters!

16 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

Electric cars.

I've started cycling to and from training to get fit again and I hate electric cars as you can't hear them until they are right on you

I've fitted a rear-view mirror to the handlebars. That seems be to a good way to see what's behind you at all times.

On 14/09/2024 at 20:22, FoxyPV said:

Electric cars.

Get your own back and keep them on their toes by wearing all black and not using lights during winter.

• Haha 3

The old woman who came straight out of the Morrisons exit onto the main A47 in Hinckley just as I was actually on the main road at that junction. She was inches away from hitting me. I swerved in time to avoid a collision, but I have seen so many collisions at this junction, almost all involving inept, elderly drivers.

I looked back in my mirror and she didn't seem to know what had just happened, she just carried on driving at a miserably slow pace that meant other cars behind her were having to brake.

22 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Motorbike - undercut me on a roundabout, they think they rule the road and you then wonder why so many are killed each year, so I annoyingly drove right up his arse for a mile or so. 

Did that help the situation?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

All three, British plates.

I personally take pride in being professional in my driving. I drove HGV class 1 trucks on my days off from paramedicking and I saw shite drivers of other trucks. I was a novice really, but I found some more  experienced drivers so complacent.

It's a shame on the profession. Driving a class 1 truck isn't something to be taken lightly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I tend to want dangerous drivers as far away from me as possible.

Given he has admitted to "using a vehicle as a weapon with intent to do harm" on a public forum, he may end up very far away from you if the bike had a rear facing camera - as a huge number of us do.

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Given he has admitted to "using a vehicle as a weapon with intent to do harm" on a public forum, he may end up very far away from you if the bike had a rear facing camera - as a huge number of us do.

I reognise the instinct to get even, but eventually I realised that it said as much about me as the original sinner.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I reognise the instinct to get even, but eventually I realised that it said as much about me as the original sinner.

Exactly. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

Getting even in the heat of the moment is all very tempting but it's always better to remain calm and if encountering someone who is driving recklessly just let them go. There's no point adding yourself to the number of dangerous drivers on the road.

When idiots and reckless drivers go past us, my partner and I tend to mutter to ourselves and put on silly voices and say things like "Ooh look at me in my Audi/BMW/whatever" and "Ooh my journey is so much more important than your journey, I must get there quicker than you". Kind of takes the sting out of the adrenaline and irritation lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Exactly. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

Getting even in the heat of the moment is all very tempting but it's always better to remain calm and if encountering someone who is driving recklessly just let them go. There's no point adding yourself to the number of dangerous drivers on the road.

When idiots and reckless drivers go past us, my partner and I tend to mutter to ourselves and put on silly voices and say things like "Ooh look at me in my Audi/BMW/whatever" and "Ooh my journey is so much more important than your journey, I must get there quicker than you". Kind of takes the sting out of the adrenaline and irritation lol

Have you got a bag of Haribos in the car?

On 17/09/2024 at 20:49, Tommy G said:

Motorbike - undercut me on a roundabout, they think they rule the road and you then wonder why so many are killed each year, so I annoyingly drove right up his arse for a mile or so. 

What do you mean "undercut you on a roundabout"? What lane were you in? Were you going round it or straight on? When you say "motorbike" what was it? A scooter or a larger machine? You drove up his arse for a mile or so for what? And if that's the case, either the rider was adhering to the speed limit, or it wasn't a particularly powerful bike. 

I've recently become a little bit addicted to watching this channel on YouTube where users can submit their dashcam footage (https://www.youtube.com/@ExposedUKDashCams)

There is admittedly a lot of terrible drivers and bad road behaviour out there as they seem to be able to post a compilation video every 3 or 4 days.

The last few weeks since watching I've tried to drive as if I could end up on one of these videos one day and I'll admit it's made me a lot calmer and more patient on the roads. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I've recently become a little bit addicted to watching this channel on YouTube where users can submit their dashcam footage (https://www.youtube.com/@ExposedUKDashCams)

There is admittedly a lot of terrible drivers and bad road behaviour out there as they seem to be able to post a compilation video every 3 or 4 days.

The last few weeks since watching I've tried to drive as if I could end up on one of these videos one day and I'll admit it's made me a lot calmer and more patient on the roads. 

https://youtube.com/@dashcamownersaustralia?si=Wj-fqCkz9OMRCkf7

The aussie ones are superior imo, some absolute wrecks on these.