Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I saw them turn on the indicator as they approached the roundabout.  I'm struggling to understand that anyone would object to the suggestion that it's a slightly cretinous thing to do if you don't intend to take the 1st exit.  Please tell me neither of you do this because it's terrible driving.  Fortunately like most people I'm capable of spotting when a car isn't actually turning and reacting accordingly, I still would rather the other road users know how to do so properly.

I never do it, no. What i'm saying is you can't trust an indicator 100%, as you have found out, people don't always use them correctly.

I saw them turn on the indicator as they approached the roundabout.  I'm struggling to understand that anyone would object to the suggestion that it's a slightly cretinous thing to do if you don't intend to take the 1st exit.  Please tell me neither of you do this because it's terrible driving.  Fortunately like most people I'm capable of spotting when a car isn't actually turning and reacting accordingly, I still would rather the other road users know how to do so properly.

It annoys me when people don't indicate and I do use indicators properly, but if I pulled out of a junction everytime I saw an approaching vehicle indicate to take what I assume would be the road I am coming out of then I would have been in a number of accidents, all of which the insurers would deem to have been my fault and not the other driver that was indicating incorrectly.

Think I'll go back on the buses, never sworn so much or been as angry as I have the last 6 months. The roads are full of either a) arseholes or b) people who have no idea of the rules of the road.

The hatred i currently have for most Asian males (yes I said it) driving Bmws, Mercedes or an Audis is ridiculous. Never have a come across such a bunch of inconsiderate pricks in my life. Several times I've debated actually not slamming my brakes on and smashing in to the tossers as they cut me up.

Bus wankers (the drivers).

Stop suddenly, without looking at their rear mirrors to see if a car is behind them.

As well as those who don't talk to you when you pay and collect tickets.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Think I'll go back on the buses, never sworn so much or been as angry as I have the last 6 months. The roads are full of either a) arseholes or b) people who have no idea of the rules of the road.

The hatred i currently have for most Asian males (yes I said it) driving Bmws, Mercedes or an Audis is ridiculous. Never have a come across such a bunch of inconsiderate pricks in my life. Several times I've debated actually not slamming my brakes on and smashing in to the tossers as they cut me up.

I'd advice you to stay away from the East Park road, Highfields area then lol

Not only do you have the stupid boy racers cutting you up you'll also women wearing hijabs & burkas who are totally oblivious to everything around them whilst they struggle to drive a big Mercedes.

Everything annoys me on the roads every day, women drivers nearly bumping in to me, guys not indicating, massive exhausts, people who can't even park while going forward into bays and have to reverse and try again, folks not thanking me for waiting.

Everything annoys me on the roads every day, women drivers nearly bumping in to me, guys not indicating, massive exhausts, people who can't even park while going forward into bays and have to reverse and try again, folks not thanking me for waiting.

I apologise for my bay parking... I wasn't taught driving in forwards on my lessons. I'm getting there but it still feels weird leaving the turn so late.

Old People.

Going around a roundabout with indicators on so clearly going around to take the 3rd exit. You see a car pull out of the 2nd exit and drive about 5 mph forcing me to stop dead on the roundabout. Just f*** off back to your retirement home. C***

Old People.

Going around a roundabout with indicators on so clearly going around to take the 3rd exit. You see a car pull out of the 2nd exit and drive about 5 mph forcing me to stop dead on the roundabout. Just f*** off back to your retirement home. C***

My friend was riding his bike once entering the dinosaur roundabout in Barrow, and an old c*** about 90 drove the WRONG WAY round the roundabout and forced him up the curb, didn't even bat an eyelid or apologise. Said he absolutely shat himself, naturally. Some old people are so oblivious, they really should make it an annual retest of the practical when you get above a certain age Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

My friend was riding his bike once entering the dinosaur roundabout in Barrow, and an old c*** about 90 drove the WRONG WAY round the roundabout and forced him up the curb, didn't even bat an eyelid or apologise. Said he absolutely shat himself, naturally. Some old people are so oblivious, they really should make it an annual retest of the practical when you get above a certain age

Quite, I think once you reach 60 you should have to do another test to make sure you're still safe to drive on the roads.

Quite, I think once you reach 60 you should have to do another test to make sure you're still safe to drive on the roads.

That's a bit degrading, as you get older your confidence can diminish and you might not want to endure a test. Maybe if we all stopped rushing about so much, the elderly not feel so panicked.

That's a bit degrading, as you get older your confidence can diminish and you might not want to endure a test. Maybe if we all stopped rushing about so much, the elderly not feel so panicked.

Im sorry but in my situation above there was no 'rushing about'. Pulling onto a roundabout at 5 mph doesnt suggest to me they panicked. Quite simply them driving so slow getting onto a roundabout and having complete disregard for other drivers they are an accident waiting to happen. Even just a sight, hearing and theory test for over 65s i think would be fine. Better than nothing.

No body wants to endure a test, but you have to at 17 to ensure you are eligible to drive on UK roads so why not as you get older? As you get older your reaction times can diminish, thought processing can also becomes slower. These drivers can create hazards without realising.

No body wants to endure a test, but you have to at 17 to ensure you are eligible to drive on UK roads so why not as you get older? As you get older your reaction times can diminish, thought processing can also becomes slower. These drivers can create hazards without realising.

Well I hope you age gracefully

Im sorry but in my situation above there was no 'rushing about'. Pulling onto a roundabout at 5 mph doesnt suggest to me they panicked. Quite simply them driving so slow getting onto a roundabout and having complete disregard for other drivers they are an accident waiting to happen. Even just a sight, hearing and theory test for over 65s i think would be fine. Better than nothing.

Yes but that is an individual case, I had a black women run into the back of me a year ago, perhaps they should get tested annually.

60 is a bit unfair, perhaps an eye test to keep the license. But most people at 60 are absolutely fine... pushing into your 70's and 80's then maybe another sort of check.

Health tests fine, but no need for a driving exam.

Why though? IF they passed their test at 17 then they would have been driving for 40+ years with no checks at all. Things on the roads have changed a lot in that time, I don't see why they shouldn't have to have a check every 5 years or so after a certain age to deem whether they are eligible to drive or not.

Why though? IF they passed their test at 17 then they would have been driving for 40+ years with no checks at all. Things on the roads have changed a lot in that time, I don't see why they shouldn't have to have a check every 5 years or so after a certain age to deem whether they are eligible to drive or not.

Why shouldn't everyone, why just the elderly?

Because it's demeaning and he'd rather they caused a huge crash than be made to feel bad.