Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People who indicate then move over straight the way. I had a driver earlier who might as well have not bothered signalling as they gave me no other option than to brake heavy to avoid them.

This and those who only let their indicators to flash twice then cancel, then move over. I was taught to allow the indicators four flashes before the move to another lane and then only cancel it once you're in the lane.

Also those who can't get their vehicle completely in the lane they want when waiting at traffic lights. 

9 hours ago, Collymore said:

There seems to be a lot of tail gaiters about at the moment. I'll be doing the speed limit and i'll get a **** inches from my bumper. So annoying. 

I had one a couple of weeks ago that was scared to overtake. I was doing 70 on the A50 in the p!ssing rain at about 11pm and they were right up my jacksie whether I sped up or slowed down. I saw a car was about to join from the slip road so I put my foot down so I could get ahead and let the joining car come between us. The car that joined was going a lot slower than I was and I kept checking my mirror but the tailgater still didn't overtake the newly joined car. So weird.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Collymore said:

There seems to be a lot of tail gaiters about at the moment. I'll be doing the speed limit and i'll get a **** inches from my bumper. So annoying. 

Do a Max Verstappen  brake test and look in your rear view mirror for the reaction...they will soon back off!!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Raj said:

Do a Max Verstappen  brake test and look in your rear view mirror for the reaction...they will soon back off!!!

What I do is lift off the accelerator and then go 10mph under the speed limit (although 40 in a single lane 60). Why?  If you are going to tailgate i am going to have to go slower for safety reasons.

It also pisses them off....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, adam1 said:

What I do is lift off the accelerator and then go 10mph under the speed limit (although 40 in a single lane 60). Why?  If you are going to tailgate i am going to have to go slower for safety reasons.

And I really sympathise with this, but sadly it's a dangerous thing to do - and let me be clear, it's only dangerous because you probably have an idiot behind you not paying attention.

It's basically why we have brake lights - then we know the car in front is slowing and we have no excuse for not paying attention.

10 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Yep that's a great alternative.  Done that one too!!! 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And I really sympathise with this, but sadly it's a dangerous thing to do - and let me be clear, it's only dangerous because you probably have an idiot behind you not paying attention.

It's basically why we have brake lights - then we know the car in front is slowing and we have no excuse for not paying attention.

That's true, but if a car hits you from behind isnt that the driver at fault???

Win, win😁😁😁🙄

Edited by Raj

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do you expect people to maintain bang on 30 for the entire journey? There will be deviations of a few mph. So no it isn't dangerous. 

In fact using your brakes is far more dangerous if they don't expect you to brake suddenly.

So letting the car gradually slow is safer.

Just now, adam1 said:

Do you expect people to maintain bang on 30 for the entire journey? There will be deviations of a few mph. So no it isn't dangerous. 

In fact using your brakes is far more dangerous if they don't expect you to brake suddenly.

So letting the car gradually slow is safer.

I'm with you, in essence - I'm only telling you what I know is deemed safe/unsafe.

Half of a large beech tree damaged by the previous storms. Today it decided to snap clean off and deposit rather a lot of trunk, branches and brash into the road. Still recovering from gout it was jolly painful pulling on the chainsaw boots and attacking the beast with my trusty Husqvarna. 

Not what you want on the road really. 

26 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If cars were fitted with a separate switch or button to operate the brake lights, as well as having the normal way of getting them to come on by actually braking, the idiot behind would think you were braking and might slow down, thereby creating a bigger gap.

13 hours ago, Collymore said:

There seems to be a lot of tail gaiters about at the moment. I'll be doing the speed limit and i'll get a delivery driver in a van or car packed with parcels  inches from my bumper. So annoying. 

Fixed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I was doing 70 on the A50 in the p!ssing rain at about 11pm and they were right up my jacksie whether I sped up or slowed down

Yeah this too. I had someone doing it in thick fog and then again with dangerous ice in the last week! 

As @Parafox has said, I wonder if it's the plethora of Uber Eats drivers out and about when it's a car doing it..  obviously there's the surge in delivery vans too. 

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Don't tell me you get people tail gaiting your ambulance! 

Mate, we do frequently. I've been in the back and actually opened the rear doors to invite the twat behind us into my ambulance. It's not unusual for us to be followed through traffic/traffic lights by some knobhead in a hatchback.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I've been in the back and actually opened the rear doors to invite the twat behind us into my ambulance

Sounds like something out of the A-Team!

It just shows you the IQ of some of the road users to do that to an ambulance.