Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On a speed awareness course the fella in charge our ours said that you should slow down if the person in front is tailgating

Not slam the anchors on, but create a bigger gap in front. The means that one of two things happens. The driver behind you will move into the vacated space. Or if the person in front brakes, it gives you more reaction time which in turn gives the idiot behind you more time to react.

If you speed up you'll just increase the chance of a collision

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Question - were you overtaking or just playing safe?

Overtaking the car in lane two. 

Lane 4 was doing a similar speed, so I obviously wasn’t going quick enough for the person. 

I normally just sit in cruise control at 70, pulling out to overtake slower vehicles, then weaving back in afterwards. 

I even use my indicators, which I know will be surprising, as I drive a BMW. 

Just now, Sly said:

Overtaking the car in lane two. 

Lane 4 was doing a similar speed, so I obviously wasn’t going quick enough for the person. 

I normally just sit in cruise control at 70, pulling out to overtake slower vehicles, then weaving back in afterwards. 

I even use my indicators, which I know will be surprising, as I drive a BMW. 

Well, the guy behind was a tool either way, but in this case he had absolutely zero justification for being so!

On Narb road by Asda last night, lights changed so I stopped without wanting to risk nipping over before it hitting red. Zafira a fair amount behind me, clearly paying no attention, had to slam his brakes on and swerve towards the central barrier to not twat into me. Then proceeded to gesture and swerve in and out of lanes afterwards. 

willy puller

8 hours ago, los dedos said:

Taxi driver pulls right out on me on the Nook roundabout in Anstey. Realising he nearly caused a crash . Mouthed sorry and put his hand together in the prayer 🙏  motion. Took the the sting right out of my road rage .🤣

Happy Christmas everyone. 🎄 

Mind you, the Nook roundabout isn't a great piece of road structuring.

• Like 1

Was coming down a dual carriageway at 70mph and there was a taxi in fast lane doing about 55mph. I slowed down behind him,  gave him room, was courteous not to flash, waited a while and realised he wasn't overtaking anyone and was just in the wrong lane and didn't care. I moved to the inside lane (to make a point if anything else) and as I did he straddled both lanes like a rolling road block! We were like a really s**t Hamilton and Verstappen. I just sat there in awe behind him! I then went back into the fast lane and he moved over into the slow lane and he allowed me to overtake.

Really bizarre! 

I had a PCN (Parking Charge Notice) from Euro Car Parks after I failed to get the QR code to scan on the machine in Hinckley's Sainsbury's. 

Basically I tried to scan the code and a message appeared on the machine screen saying "this ticket has already been issued" so I assumed the free parking we qualified for had been accepted, chucked the ticket in the bin and left the car park.

2 weeks later I get a PCN. I appealed on the grounds as above but today I got a rejection email. I've looked in to it via a couple of Google searches and it seems to be that I should simply refuse to pay and ignore any threatening letters and ECP won't go to court.

Anyone had a similar experience with ignoring the invoice (it's NOT a fine)?

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I had a PCN (Parking Charge Notice) from Euro Car Parks after I failed to get the QR code to scan on the machine in Hinckley's Sainsbury's. 

Basically I tried to scan the code and a message appeared on the machine screen saying "this ticket has already been issued" so I assumed the free parking we qualified for had been accepted, chucked the ticket in the bin and left the car park.

2 weeks later I get a PCN. I appealed on the grounds as above but today I got a rejection email. I've looked in to it via a couple of Google searches and it seems to be that I should simply refuse to pay and ignore any threatening letters and ECP won't go to court.

Euro Car Parks parking is on private land, so their so-called PCN isn't really a PCN, since it's local councils that issue those. All they can do is sue for alleged breach of contract, so you have the choice of coughing up and forgetting about it or waiting to see if they decide to pursue the matter further. It would probably be more trouble than it's worth for them to bother. Personally, I hate anything like that, because the punishment seems far too harsh for the 'crime'. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Parafox said:

That car park is an absolute pain, amount of times free scans haven't worked or some other inconvenience is ridiculous

The car park and the access to the Crescent is a complete ball-ache and I rarely use it.

4 minutes ago, Umbungo78 said:

When you're following an ambulance with its blue lights on in your hot hatch and the paramedic in the back opens the doors to show you someone that should be receiving cpr whilst they're busy playing A-team ..... Gets my goat every time 🙄

Not sure of the point you're trying to make...:huh:

There was no patient in the back as we were on the way to an emergency call. I was in the back as we were a crew of 3 and I was supervising a trainee who was in the cab. I was watching this twat in a hot hatch behind us and as we got stuck in traffic, he tried to follow us through which is when I did what I did in the hope of embarrassing him.

Wasn't you, was it?

Edited by Parafox

37 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I had similar for a Holiday in car park when I did my Amazon training.

Appealed it and sent all relevant info saying I was there for training, backed up by Amazon, they rejected it.

They threatened taking me to court, I once again explained the situation and told them they were crooks.

They replied, again threatening court action, not heard anything since.

Just now, tom27111 said:

I had similar for a Holiday in car park when I did my Amazon training.

Appealed it and sent all relevant info saying I was there for training, backed up by Amazon, they rejected it.

They threatened taking me to court, I once again explained the situation and told them they were crooks.

They replied, again threatening court action, not heard anything since.

Nice one.

I sent a receipt showing the time and date and the amount we spent which covered all the requirements of free parking. I think, if it does get to court, that should suffice. Their email rejection smacked of a standard response to an appeal. Fvck 'em.

39 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The car park and the access to the Crescent is a complete ball-ache and I rarely use it.

Not sure of the point you're trying to make...:huh:

There was no patient in the back as we were on the way to an emergency call. I was in the back as we were a crew of 3 and I was supervising a trainee who was in the cab. I was watching this twat in a hot hatch behind us and as we got stuck in traffic, he tried to follow us through which is when I did what I did in the hope of embarrassing him.

Wasn't you, was it?

I suspect he's joking fella. 

• 3 weeks later...