Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Been working in Newark today and it has been shrouded in thick fog all day, the amount of motorists driving around without any lights on astounds me.

And then, once the fog clears, those that do have fog lights on never turn them off.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Boris sign this off over cheese and wine?

FB_IMG_1643222387779.jpg

What the bottom right diagram doesn't go on to explain is what "certain situations" are. This a potential for aggravation of other road users, especially when there's cycle lane available.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

So the one on the top right is just going to encourage cyclists to undertake a lorry that's about to turn left.

A lorry that has huge blindspots and will kill scores of cyclists.

I see what you mean.

When I did my HGV class 1 the focus on the use of all mirrors was pretty heavy but there are certainly blind spots, especially as the cab turns and the trailer becomes all you see. The use of mirrors several metres ahead of a manoeuvre was key, however, that diagram suggests cyclists can do pretty much whatever, expecting the truck driver to know they are there. There are now trailers that have fixed cameras that feed into the cab so the driver can see along the sides.

Several years ago I went to fatality where a kid on a moped had tried to overtake a truck on the outside as they negotiated a roundabout. As the truck turned off to the left, his rear view was blocked by the trailer headboard and he didn't see that the kid had skidded over on loose gravel and then fallen under the rear wheels of the trailer. Squashed his head inside his helmet. :(

Some casual cyclists/unqualified motorcyclists need to be more aware, as it should also be their responsibility to ensure their own safety.

• Like 1

E-scooters.

They're too quiet to notice them being around the streets and hence are potentially dangerous by this, combined with its users going too fast on them generally.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2

I had this coworker (who kind of gives off an air of authority due to his age but is in fact a nobody like me) move onto my desk. 

He apparently moved in on Monday when I wasn't in. He was reminded by mutual colleagues that it was my desk but was still there on my arrival today. Wtf?! 🤣

Then we had this bizarre song and dance when I arrived and told him I thought it was odd behaviour (he has his own assigned desk). He claimed he 'didn't know it was mine' and then made great theatre that he'd be the bigger man and move if I was so fussy and precious. 

Sometimes I just find other people weird 

Edit; see posts below!

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Haha 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I had this coworker (who kind of gives off an air of authority due to his age but is in fact a nobody like me) move onto my desk. 

He apparently moved in on Monday when I wasn't in. He was reminded by mutual colleagues that it was my desk but was still there on my arrival today. Wtf?! 🤣

Then we had this bizarre song and dance when I arrived and told him I thought it was odd behaviour (he has his own assigned desk). He claimed he 'didn't know it was mine' and then made great theatre that he'd be the bigger man and move if I was so fussy and precious. 

Is he a good driver, though?:whistle:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Edit; see posts below!

Is your desk particularly special?! lol

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Edit; see posts below!

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Sounds like a middle lane hogger on the motorway from first impressions. 

We should definitely allow lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, isaidno said:

People who drive excessively slow. Got stuck behind someone doing 30 in a 50 and 40 in a 60 with full beam lights on. :angry:

It's a limit, not a target :ph34r:

But yeah, I'm with you, really chafes my arse.

I live in a village and there's a fair stretch of 60mph limit road to get in and out. The amount of people who do 30 down there is ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Edit; see posts below!

21 hours ago, Wymsey said:

21 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Is your desk particularly special?! lol

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Were they driving one of these?

Buy Argos Home Malibu 3 Drawer Office Desk - Oak Effect | Desks | Argos

Edited by Parafox

6 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

I’ve seen him on YouTube. I honestly think it’s only a matter of time before he’s badly assaulted or worse.  Jeez he’s had a lucky run up to now. 

Looking at his twitter page he seems a very strange disturbed man. In fact a majority of road cyclists are self entitled willy pullers.