Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

55 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Looking at his twitter page he seems a very strange disturbed man. In fact a majority of road cyclists are self entitled willy pullers. 

The way he speaks to people is obscene.  He’s talks to grown men like they are naughty children.  I do hope he uploads the video when he winds someone up who finally gets physical. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I was driving in my village, mildly irked to be behind an HGV and a 7.5 tonne truck. The road is narrow and winds, and as we got closer to the main junction, we had a parked car as our hazard. 

By the time I got round the curve it seems both the HGV and the truck didn't feel giving way to the oncoming van was on the menu, but I did. So I waited and the van moved forward... Only to stop beside the parked car and engage 2 bystanders in conversation. How very polite and observant of him. 

I sounded my horn which made him move, but then resulted in a conversation where his winning final line was 'f**k off'. 

He'd have got away with it, except he was driving a van of a well known supermarket chain, so a Twitter message got sent. Unlucky. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yesterday I was driving in my village, mildly irked to be behind an HGV and a 7.5 tonne truck. The road is narrow and winds, and as we got closer to the main junction, we had a parked car as our hazard. 

By the time I got round the curve it seems both the HGV and the truck didn't feel giving way to the oncoming van was on the menu, but I did. So I waited and the van moved forward... Only to stop beside the parked car and engage 2 bystanders in conversation. How very polite and observant of him. 

I sounded my horn which made him move, but then resulted in a conversation where his winning final line was 'f**k off'. 

He'd have got away with it, except he was driving a van of a well known supermarket chain, so a Twitter message got sent. Unlucky. 

Has the supermarket chain come back and apologised yet or as I suspect totally ignored you?

Bear with me as I need to get this rant out.

I remember going to Cincinnati with work about 20 or so years ago, a colleague (also from the UK) wanted to leave our hotel and go for a walk,  but no pavements, sorry sidewalks. We ended up walking on the grass swathes by the road to walk maybe 1/2 mile to a bar. So many looks like we were lepers or vagrants, and I clearly remember thinking, Christ, I hope the UK never gets like that.

Well, here we are.

Too much car is king in this country, it’s really beyond irritating and f**k motorists, should always be pedestrians first, cyclists second, then cars, then lorries.

Most likely one for the unpopular opinions thread I am sure.

Although I am enjoying just walking out on junctions now the HC has finally changed in favour of pedestrians.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 4

On 05/02/2022 at 18:17, HighPeakFox said:

On 06/02/2022 at 08:59, Sir Shep said:

Has the supermarket chain come back and apologised yet or as I suspect totally ignored you?

Update - the supermarket chain has sent me a voucher :) 

• Like 1

The bellend who pulled out and turned right out of a "left turn only" junction within yards of me because he couldn't be arsed to take the 400 metre trip to the traffic island to his left. I had to emergency brake throwing 4 bags of groceries off the back seat onto the floor. ****ing crisps smashed to bits among other "residual damage". Couldn't open the Prosecco for nearly 2 hours.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

On the way back from Liverpool last night, the usual idiots who don't know how to correctly chose a lane on the motorway. 

But also, so called 'smart motorways' and their variable speed limits.

It's midnight, not many cars on the road, good road conditions and miles upon miles of the route restricted to 50 or 60mph.

Why? Absolutely no need for it.

It was bad enough that large sections of the M6 were closed, or down to one single lane for no apparent reason apart from the large digital signs displaying "Salt Spreading".

Yes, I'm grumpy because I didn't get home till 2am and had to be up at 6.30 for work!

Cars that turning off a main road but don’t use the turning lane and have half their car poking into the main road blocking flow, also those that don’t get into the turning lane at it’s beginning but wait until they hit the apex of the turn which usually causes issue 1 as well as confusion to other drivers on what they are doing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Cars that turning off a main road but don’t use the turning lane and have half their car poking into the main road blocking flow, also those that don’t get into the turning lane at it’s beginning but wait until they hit the apex of the turn which usually causes issue 1 as well as confusion to other drivers on what they are doing.

This. And those that do the same whilst braking before they get into the right turn lane. It's a right turn lane but it is also a deceleration lane.

I was on the A50 the other day and the car in front was indicating left for Coleorton. the junction has a lane specifically for left turners to use. He stayed on the main carriageway until he got to the corner. Bearing in mind that road has a 50mph limit, doing what he/she did could result in someone who, expecting them to use the left turn lane, rear ending them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

The amount of drivers that don't bother to dip their headlights. 

Is it me or is it getting worse ? Country roads are a nightmare. The attitude seems to be 'As long as l can see, f**k you !'

Yep and people who leave their lights on when stationary, and facing your direction, as well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

The amount of drivers that don't bother to dip their headlights. 

Is it me or is it getting worse ? Country roads are a nightmare. The attitude seems to be 'As long as l can see, f**k you !'

The other day I realised a car was coming round the corner towards me, and I just had a brain fart and just couldn't sort myself out quick enough to dip my headlights. It annoys me when people leave their's on, so I certainly didn't intend to leave mine on to blind this person. Their response was to undip their headlights to do the same back to me lol I'm not sure two blind people on the road is a good thing.

But I do agree with you, it is getting worse. Happens far too often for it to be just people having the odd brain fart like me. 

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The other day I realised a car was coming round the corner towards me, and I just had a brain fart and just couldn't sort myself out quick enough to dip my headlights. It annoys me when people leave their's on, so I certainly didn't intend to leave mine on to blind this person. Their response was to undip their headlights to do the same back to me lol I'm not sure two blind people on the road I'd a good thing.

But I do agree with you, it is getting worse. Happens far too often for it to be just people having the odd brain fart like me. 

The 'ultra bright' headlights can be an issue too. They are headache inducing ! 

• Like 2

Just got my lunch from Morrisons, sat in my car in the car park.

The oldest man in the world, parked next to me, has reversed out, then tried to drive off, but driven straight in to me and scraped his car along the whole front end of mine.

Literally had to run after him, because he didn't even know he'd done it.

"Sorry, didn't see it"

I'm in absolute disbelief. 

Really appears like he shouldn't driving, a danger to other road users and himself.

Really looking forward to going back to work and telling my boss the 40k car I'm driving has been damaged.

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The oldest man in the world, parked next to me, has reversed out, then tried to drive off, but driven straight in to me and scraped his car along the whole front end of mine.

"Sorry, didn't see it"

Really appears like he shouldn't driving, a danger to other road users and himself.

Really looking forward to going back to work and telling my boss the 40k car I'm driving has been damaged.

Hopefully you have an understanding boss :fc:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

"Sorry, didn't see it"

Serves you right for shopping at Morrison's. Or weren't you aware their customer demographic?

I avoid the place at all costs because of the risk of the hapless geriatrics that stumble around the place and have no real idea of what they're doing.

BTW was he compus-mentis enough to give you his insurance details?

• Thanks 1

On 12/02/2022 at 18:35, Parafox said:

This. And those that do the same whilst braking before they get into the right turn lane. It's a right turn lane but it is also a deceleration lane.

I was on the A50 the other day and the car in front was indicating left for Coleorton. the junction has a lane specifically for left turners to use. He stayed on the main carriageway until he got to the corner. Bearing in mind that road has a 50mph limit, doing what he/she did could result in someone who, expecting them to use the left turn lane, rear ending them. 

Fosse Park? See this happening loads with vehicles leaving the newly developed side of Fosse Park.