Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Serves you right for shopping at Morrison's. Or weren't you aware their customer demographic?

I avoid the place at all costs because of the risk of the hapless geriatrics that stumble around the place and have no real idea of what they're doing.

BTW was he compus-mentis enough to give you his insurance details?

Just about, I've taken a picture of his registration number and the state of his front bumper too!

Thankfully, we'll just have 1 of the smart repair guys at work sort it, not bad enough for bodyshop to have it in.

I knew he was going to hit me, didn't reverse anywhere near far enough. I initially thought he was pulling forward to make more room to reverse again at a better angle, but nope.

I don't want to start a debate about it and I'm all for older people having their freedom and independence, but when your driving is so poor that you can't navigate a car park, you really have to question how long it will be until a serious accident is caused.

Ah well, nobody is hurt and everything can be fixed. Pleased it wasn't my personal car though, I was fuming enough with it being a company car!

Edited by tom27111

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I'm all for older people having their freedom and independence,

Me too but so often have I come across those people causing or being involved in incidents on the roads, both professionally and privately that it must be a wide spread issue. I know there is a test at age 70, but nothing after that. I would easily pass at 70 but who knows what degenerative process will affect my driving in the next 10 years?

No matter what age I reach, I'd still never shop at Morrison's. 

Unless I was taken there by my carer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Mercury story re car put on its side after going through a red light.

After watching the video, wtf was the car who had the green light doing? Did they not see this car jump the red? 

So many drivers just assume that a green light means good to go and move off without checking either side of the junction.

One thing my blue light driving taught me is, never assume it's clear to go. Look, look, look. And when you look, turn your head to look.

12 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I see the ban on the use of indicators is being followed by a majority of road users.

I'll continue to defy it though, after all, car makers are still fitting them and they are incredibly easy to operate.

I think the ban on their use is indiscriminate but appears to apply largely to those using roundabouts.

On 28/02/2022 at 23:20, Free Falling Foxes said:

I see the ban on the use of indicators is being followed by a majority of road users.

I'll continue to defy it though, after all, car makers are still fitting them and they are incredibly easy to operate.

Not using indicators is one of my biggest hates on the roads. Taxis often being the worst offenders. 

Edited by The Bear

Road works. Coming home from Burnley last night and chose the M1 route........M62 last night was down to 1 lane at 2 different points, and the M1 was down to 1 lane in 3 different places as well as being completely shut in 2 places. Google Maps unaware of any of it. Got home eventually. 

5 hours ago, abc said:

Road works. Coming home from Burnley last night and chose the M1 route........M62 last night was down to 1 lane at 2 different points, and the M1 was down to 1 lane in 3 different places as well as being completely shut in 2 places. Google Maps unaware of any of it. Got home eventually. 

Highways site is good for info. Worth looking on if travelling late (when most lane closures occur)

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

Not using indicators is one of my biggest hates on the roads. Taxis often being the worst offenders. 

Taxis often being the worst offenders of every contravention of the highway code. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, abc said:

19 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Highways site is good for info. Worth looking on if travelling late (when most lane closures occur)

Waze is an app I find more reliable than Google and it gives you alternative routes as well as the delays on those routes and "live" updates, as those with the app input problems in real time.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Taxis often being the worst offenders of every contravention of the highway code. 

Hate taxi drivers with a passion! Not a care in the world for other road users. Stop wherever they want then the put their indicator on when they have already done their manoeuvre. They will try to overtake you or filter to get in front  then do 25mph to piss you off in their fvcking Prius.

Also I hate delivery drivers, seem to have the same traits and also love parking over driveways and just stopping in the middle of the road to make a delivery. 

• Like 1

I experienced a van/delivery driver, parked right over the yellow line and encroaching on an exit to the main road, potentially endangering drivers, pedestrians and the well-being of his own van. He mistimed returning to his van, so I challenged him on it:

'Yeah but I've got heavy parcels to deliver'. 

That's ok then, f**k everyone else. 

On 28/02/2022 at 23:37, HighPeakFox said:

Dear cars sitting waiting in front of me in the dark - use your handbrake and stop blinding me with your brake lights.

I'm colourblind and don't have as many red receptors as those with normal colour vision, but I find the red brake lights blinding, the same as fog lights. I dread to think how bright they appear to "normals". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Also I hate delivery drivers, seem to have the same traits and also love parking over driveways and just stopping in the middle of the road to make a delivery. 

Ignorant of any other person on the the road even to the point of blocking off pedestrian crossings and obscuring traffic lights at a junction, stopping in the face of oncoming traffic, suddenly stopping without any indication when their satnav says they've reached their destination, jumping out of their vehicle and running out in front of you with a parcel in their hands. No road sense, no appreciation of other road users. No real understanding of their responsibility to act in a safe manner.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Driving home from the match. Reached Fosse Road North/Groby Road junction and took the left hand lane to head towards Blackbird Road. I kept to my lane and was overtaken on the junction by a driver who then cut across me to straighten his own line into Blackbird Road, causing me to do an emergency stop to avoid him. He must have seen me, he overtook me! But he was going too fast to stay in his own lane.

On 03/03/2022 at 00:41, Parafox said:

Ignorant of any other person on the the road even to the point of blocking off pedestrian crossings and obscuring traffic lights at a junction, stopping in the face of oncoming traffic, suddenly stopping without any indication when their satnav says they've reached their destination.....

...No road sense, no appreciation of other road users. No real understanding of their responsibility to act in a safe manner.

You are talking about Taxi drivers right? Lol.

Tonight I witnessed one running through a red when someones about to cross the road (they had ample time to stop, they were behind me in the adjacent lane when the lights turned to amber), and the cherry on the cake a u-turn at a junction on the inner ring road.

They've come off vaughan way before stopping and forcing their way across two lanes to do a u turn blocking off cars heading to the ring road. So cars behind them had to stop when they stopped to carry out the manouvre and then cars faced an obstruction as they went across the lane whilst trying to turn with a poor turning circle. What an absolute wnker.

Law unto themselves. An absolute fcuking nuisance. P1ss me right off. 

Screenshot_20220307-200932_Maps.thumb.jpg.95bba28c275ebb446dd98bc8f8363b3f.jpg

17 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Driving home tonight through Barkby. A fox runs out in front of my car, no time to react or swerve. I'm OK but car isn't.  Smashed up my bumper,  spoiler, fog lamp ,grille and radiator .

Is the fox ok?

• Haha 1

There was a massive argument on (I think) Countesthorpe's FB group once because a lady was asking for a mechanic. She'd had similar to @isaidno in whacking a fox and it had damaged her car a lot. Rather than help her find a mechanic, she was piled on by the animal brigade, who were miffed as to why she didn't go and tend to the fox.

A woman, alone on a dusky country road, having hit a fox with no idea if her car was okay, or the condition of the injured, frightened fox. Yet it was the fact she didn't see how the fox was that was the issue. "What about the cubs" "How could you leave it injured, it has no chance" were some of the comments.

Honestly the priorities of some are absolutely warped!