Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

22 hours ago, isaidno said:

No idea where it went. 

Under your car. Check the exhaust brackets and the wheel hubs. lol

Give it a week and if you get a smell of rotting flesh... 

Skin it and make a Davey Crockett hat.

Teenager ran out in front of me today through queuing cars on the opposite side of the road, I was doing 40 and luckily had an empty bus lane to swerve into which is sadly camera monitored. He knew he could have been a mess by the look on his face as he tried to stop running. Think I even smelt the shit after he'd soiled himself. If I get a fine I'll run the next one over though 

10 minutes ago, Umbungo78 said:

Teenager ran out in front of me today through queuing cars on the opposite side of the road, I was doing 40 and luckily had an empty bus lane to swerve into which is sadly camera monitored. He knew he could have been a mess by the look on his face as he tried to stop running. Think I even smelt the shit after he'd soiled himself. If I get a fine I'll run the next one over though 

Have you got dashcam footage? That will be defensible evidence against a fine. Also the traffic cameras record events in real time and can be reviewed if an infringement is highlighted that is subsequently disputed. 

If you get a fixed penalty notice, I'd advise you to challenge it and provide whatever evidence you have. By law, the enforcement companies have to prove evidence of infringement. If the bus lane cam monitored that stretch of road, the will have it on their system and should be able to see that you took an unavoidable manoeuvre. :fc:

I know this because drivers have had to move into a bus lane in order to allow an ambulance/emergency vehicle through. Mostly those FPN's are withdrawn.

Edited by Parafox

Bloke in his amber light car blocking the entrance to my breakfast and still on the road too so holding up all the traffic. Quite rightly, as I mounted the pavement to squeeze past him, I called him a word and gesticulated. As you do.

Seconds later, there he is, leaning out of his car, next to me as I’ve parked up, issuing a volley of abuse and asking me if I would like to engage in an exchange of blows.

”But I’m fing broken down, ain’t I”, he screams to justify his previously immobilised location.

Yep, because parking in the car park rather than blocking it was just too complicated and then driving about in your little orange light mobile really bellows ‘broken down’. Some people are just so amazingly dim you wonder how they manage to toilet and eat without confusing the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Smart motorways - everyone knows that if you break down in a live lane you get out the car, yeah? One near Birmingham today where they'd sensibly squeezed the car as close to the barrier as they could, but still halfway across the lane. Hazards on, but driver and passenger just sat there in their seats.

I'd be out of there and over the barrier before the car had stopped

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I avoid Ashby almost as much as I avoid Coalville but, why all this disruption?

Massive new housing estate, around 600 new houses

All that farm land behind the McVities and Tesco is going to be gone

https://www.nwleics.gov.uk/files/documents/revised_moneyhill_masterplan/Revised Money Hill Wider Site Masterplan.pdf

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Massive new housing estate, around 600 new houses

All that farm land behind the McVities and Tesco is going to be gone

https://www.nwleics.gov.uk/files/documents/revised_moneyhill_masterplan/Revised Money Hill Wider Site Masterplan.pdf

Ah. A bit like here in Hinckley. 850 new builds around the perimeter road which already struggles to cope with the current volume of traffic. 850 homes means at least 800 more cars on the road. 

• Like 1

The silly **** in her 4x4 (some dog wank vw thing that isn't really a 4x4)  that doesn't understand how you filter in turn when you cross the hobby horse round about and decided she would attempt to force me into the central reservation just because I was in the outside lane.

I did nothing wrong. Allowed the car infront of me, on the issue to filter in, same as they did in turn to the car infront of them. 

Then decided to try sit in my boot lol yeah not gonna happen love. 

Honestly the standard of driving in this county reflects general society. Lack of consideration, lack of knowledge and quite frankly its got worse post covid if that's possible.

Not really on the roads as such but people who think they are more important than anyone else and park on the zig zag lines outside a primary school. Explaining it to them that, not only illegal but the ability to cause danger to children crossing the road and are putting lives at risk. But apparently it’s more important that they get their kid on time and they have a right to park in a dangerous place. Doesn’t stop there, the same person then parks their car full on the pavement outside a park blocking pedestrians from using the pavement and having to go round them on the road when there is a car park opposite literally 5 second drive across the road. You can see the car park!! 

Why? Some people are so, so dense and self centred that they don’t see the error of their ways!

Edited by fox_favourite

Coming out of work in Bedford, from Interchange Retail Park, (@StanSPand @Izzy might know it), both lanes here turn right towards the A421.

I often sit in the left lane and turn right, clearly indicating. 

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. someone in the right hand lane cuts me up as we turn round the corner and comes straight across in to the left lane.

It's unbelievable. 

I'm in a company demonstrator, at some point, I'll just let someone crash in to me. Not my car.

It's clearly marked and how hard is it to check your mirror?

Plus, position yourself for the roundabout about 800 yards down the road. If you need to head to the A1, be in the left lane to be prepared. Don't cut across someone who's positioned correctly.

Screenshot_20220329-220244_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-220300_Maps.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Coming out of work in Bedford, from Interchange Retail Park, (@StanSPand @Izzy might know it), both lanes here turn right towards the A421.

I often sit in the left lane and turn right, clearly indicating. 

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. someone in the right hand lane cuts me up as we turn round the corner and comes straight across in to the left lane.

It's unbelievable. 

I'm in a company demonstrator, at some point, I'll just let someone crash in to me. Not my car.

It's clearly marked and how hard is it to check your mirror?

Plus, position yourself for the roundabout about 800 yards down the road. If you need to head to the A1, be in the left lane to be prepared. Don't cut across someone who's positioned correctly.

Screenshot_20220329-220244_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-220300_Maps.jpg

It never used to be both turn right, which is why some drivers have the habit of turning right from the right hand lane, and taking the wider turn doing so. BUT, it's been a long time since the change, although that's no excuse to now cut up drivers. There should be better signage other than the arrows on the road. If there's a lot of traffic, no one can see that both lanes can now turn right. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

People that creep forward at traffic lights when they are still on red. Just chill your boots and wait for them to change.

And usually they aren't even that quick off the line when the lights do change! On par with people that drive fast between speed bumps / fuel pumps.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I swear the more they introduce tougher penalties for people using phones whilst driving the more I see people using them.

These last few years driving through various European/UK towns villages...

# Its the Women with Children going through their Family driving routine..

#Lorry & van Drivers while taking an hard Left or right turn, in known Police controlled areas

while driving Mostly Cars & Vehicles with hand-free systems...:dunno:...

Just willing to put others in danger,because they are Too Damn lazy to Switch if needed One Damn switch, Not more or less than starting the window-wipers.

Find them heavy..Then after 1 warning, Grab their licences for awhile,Plus Community service,Plus Not to lose their jobs,But clip 1/2 their wages...

In 6 years alone I have Witnessed 3 Phone related accidents....Just es a normal Road user..

• 2 weeks later...

Four-lane motorways. Or, more accurately, the lane hoggers on them.

Everyone just wants to avoid sharing the two inside lanes with caravans and lorries, so everyone is jostling for position in the two outside lines, clogging up the road and doing about 60 while the two inside lanes are clear. You get past and the road ahead is clear and glorious but in the rear view mirror there's a long line of cars snaking back stuck at 60mph. It's moronic, it really is.

On 13/04/2022 at 17:34, Lcfcbl said:

Went back to driving a manual today after 7 years of driving autos, not stalled yet but feels like I'm learning to drive again. Has anyone else made this transition before and how did they find it?

Got a new electric car but also have the old Fiesta with manual.  Switching from electric (automatic, left foot redundant)) to Fiesta I also sometines forget to press down left foot on clutch and stall.  Going back to the electric from the Fiesta, when preparing to drive off my left hand hovers too close over what was previously the gear stick and I end up putting the electric into neutral, and wonder why it's not moving.  I'm sure I'll manage to adapt in a couple of years or so. :blush::D

On 18/04/2022 at 00:42, ALC Fox said:

Four-lane motorways. Or, more accurately, the lane hoggers on them.

Everyone just wants to avoid sharing the two inside lanes with caravans and lorries, so everyone is jostling for position in the two outside lines, clogging up the road and doing about 60 while the two inside lanes are clear. You get past and the road ahead is clear and glorious but in the rear view mirror there's a long line of cars snaking back stuck at 60mph. It's moronic, it really is.

Driving today on a 4-lane smart, monitored section of the M6 I saw all of this happening, and the road was stuffed.  When it changed to a 3 lane section without cameras the road suddenly became clear.  Trying to work out whether that's because smart motorways aren't as smart as advertised, and they clog up the roads, or just a coincidendental effect of the amount of traffic leaving at the junction.