Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

So I'm coming off the roundabout after just leaving the M69 to join the A5 near Hinckley. Completely minding my own business when the car behind me decides he wants to be in front of me and puts his foot down, literally nearly hitting my car in the process. We weren't side by side in the merging process he was literally a cars length behind me but decided he needed to be in front of me.

Now, I'm past the point of this bothering me as much as it would do when I was younger, so I left it, they're in front of me, fine. However, the driver who's now in front of me proceeds to slow right down for some reason so we're crawling at 5mph. Then, both the male driver and his woman passenger then started giving me the finger and calling me a w****r.

About 10 minutes later further down the A5 at a roundabout I am turning right so I come up alongside said car, the driver now winds his window down and starts pointing at me and laughing, with his wife now giving me the finger. He then pretends to turn his car into mine like he's trying to purposely hit me with his car.

I am literally at a loss as I know I did nothing wrong. What is wrong with people? Why are there so many n*bheads around at the minute.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

So I'm coming off the roundabout after just leaving the M69 to join the A5 near Hinckley. Completely minding my own business when the car behind me decides he wants to be in front of me and puts his foot down, literally nearly hitting my car in the process. We weren't side by side in the merging process he was literally a cars length behind me but decided he needed to be in front of me.

Now, I'm past the point of this bothering me as much as it would do when I was younger, so I left it, they're in front of me, fine. However, the driver who's now in front of me proceeds to slow right down for some reason so we're crawling at 5mph. Then, both the male driver and his woman passenger then started giving me the finger and calling me a w****r.

About 10 minutes later further down the A5 at a roundabout I am turning right so I come up alongside said car, the driver now winds his window down and starts pointing at me and laughing, with his wife now giving me the finger. He then pretends to turn his car into mine like he's trying to purposely hit me with his car.

I am literally at a loss as I know I did nothing wrong. What is wrong with people? Why are there so many n*bheads around at the minute.

My car is going to be old and knackered enough soon that in these situations I'm just going to be able to go 'f*** it' and neglect to make the evasive manoeuvres they'd expect of you when they're doing all their weird stuff

• Haha 2

On 12/05/2022 at 14:57, The Horse's Mouth said:

I've just gone down a rabbithole after reading this, I've never wanted someone to get battered more in my life 

I know of this guy also, it's like he spends every waking minute searching the hashtag "cyclist" owns one of those stupid things that looks like your lying down on it. 

3 hours ago, smallpauldj said:

I know of this guy also, it's like he spends every waking minute searching the hashtag "cyclist" owns one of those stupid things that looks like your lying down on it. 

Seems like an absolute tool, and am a cyclist. Makes us look bad 

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly had a crash on the Desford crossroads today because some berk in a van decided to go straight on in the left turn only lane; he even had the cheek to wave his arms out the window like I’d done something wrong. Luckily the person behind didn’t go into the back of me. 

Her car was hit last night/this morning when parked outside of our house. 

Smashed front light, windscreen cracked, dents and scratches high up and almost on the pillar (between windscreen and drivers side window - key structural part). 

As we didnt hear it, and the type of damage caused it was clearly a low speed / not quick in time / high pressure impact by a high sided vehicle.

Coincidently its also bin day today and they came round early... 

Edited by adam1

32 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Her car was hit last night/this morning when parked outside of our house. 

Smashed front light, windscreen cracked, dents and scratches high up and almost on the pillar (between windscreen and drivers side window - key structural part). 

As we didnt hear it, and the type of damage caused it was clearly a low speed / not quick in time / high pressure impact by a high sided vehicle.

Coincidently its also bin day today and they came round early... 

Report to Police, get a crime number. Then go to Council Offices / Bin Lorry Depot and ask which lorry did your round of collections. Better still have a snoop till you find it, it will be marked up with paint and damage and photo it.

33 minutes ago, Nick said:

Report to Police, get a crime number. Then go to Council Offices / Bin Lorry Depot and ask which lorry did your round of collections. Better still have a snoop till you find it, it will be marked up with paint and damage and photo it.

Have gone to the council already. The lorries have cameras. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

If it was them, you'll magically find that the footage is unretrieveable or wasn't switched on. 

The plot thickens....

Neighbours car turns up and is now on their driveway. Big scratch down the side and wing mirror taped up.

Can't see how a wing mirror/small car could have caused our windscreen to crack?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adam1 said:

The plot thickens....

Neighbours car turns up and is now on their driveway. Big scratch down the side and wing mirror taped up.

Can't see how a wing mirror/small car could have caused our windscreen to crack?

Bin lorry between the middle of them in the road? 

• 3 weeks later...

Was driving home in the early hours this morning, on the M1 from J21 to J21A.

There were flashing lights up ordering a max speed of 20 and messages saying “Oncoming Vehicle”. Stopped off at the services, but nothing obvious happening and it looked like the warning message was both ways.

Does anyone know what was happening?

Edited by Dunge

12 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Was driving home in the early hours this morning, on the M1 from J21 to J21A.

There were flashing lights up ordering a max speed of 20 and messages saying “Oncoming Vehicle”. Stopped off at the services, but nothing obvious happening and it looked like the warning message was both ways.

Does anyone know what was happening?

That's not unusual. I think they must be testing them or something

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Traffic around the new Fosse park area was horrendous earlier. Whoever was in charge of planning and designing the layout needs sacking.

Just been down there myself....the new bit is a nightmare,not helped by the tight lanes and people blocking entrances when they are not going anywhere anyway..I'll avoid in the future.

The M42 and lorries overtaking each other. Time and time again I assume there has been an accident or something has happened yet then it turns out it’s some lorry going by another at about 60mph.

Also it’s been said many times but ***** that don’t indicate. Especially left at roundabouts where I don’t go cos they’re coming round yet then turn left before me. Same with waiting to come out at junctions etc. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The M42 and lorries overtaking each other. Time and time again I assume there has been an accident or something has happened yet then it turns out it’s some lorry going by another at about 60mph.

This is the very pits. Because they're limited they can't overtake each other easily and generate horrendous tailbacks for miles. 

Ought to be a fine for limited speed vehicles overtaking between the hours of 5 a.m and midnight. 

****ing menaces.