Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 hour ago, abc said:

The new bus lane on the A50 Groby Road going towards Blackbird road caused a complete stand-still back up to the cemetery last night, I'm guessing it got worse as the evening drew on. Not one bus, and if there was a bus it would have been stuck in the 1 mile traffic queuing to get to the bus lane. A timed bus lane would be better, No bus lane would be even better.

I was going to post about this yesterday, seems very unnecessary, was traffic even that bad anyway going down there.

1 hour ago, abc said:

The new bus lane on the A50 Groby Road going towards Blackbird road caused a complete stand-still back up to the cemetery last night, I'm guessing it got worse as the evening drew on. Not one bus, and if there was a bus it would have been stuck in the 1 mile traffic queuing to get to the bus lane. A timed bus lane would be better, No bus lane would be even better.

My Dad lives down this way - I have no idea why they did this. The traffic has never been that bad down there to stop buses functioning. I saw exactly the same on Bristol Road in Birmingham when I lived there, they abandoned it after 9 months because it was a waste of time. It wasn't needed for traffic. It wasn't needed for the flow of buses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Why? Fosse Park and the surrounding roads are within the domain of Blaby District Council/Leicestershire County Council rather than the city

Sorry Peter...

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

My Dad lives down this way - I have no idea why they did this. The traffic has never been that bad down there to stop buses functioning. I saw exactly the same on Bristol Road in Birmingham when I lived there, they abandoned it after 9 months because it was a waste of time. It wasn't needed for traffic. It wasn't needed for the flow of buses. 

It was needed for... MONEY. That's what all "traffic management" is about. Sod off with the environmental saving. It's got bollox all to do with that. These clean air zones in various cities aren't about cleaning the air. If you think they are, your being duped. If that were the case, there'd be far better infrastructure for easy and affordable public transport. There isn't.

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

Second time back out on the roads on a bicycle, I’m still wearing paint fumes from the Merc that tried to squish me into a hedge.

I’m buying cameras today. The next one gets reported to the police.

Good luck with their response.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Good luck with their response.

If internet cycling dudes are to be believed then some forces are pretty hot on this.

If you film the offenders and get the registration plate you've got evidence and identification of the offender. Low hanging fruit for the cops

I had reason to drive along Melton Road into Leicester. From Checketts Road to Melton Turn I counted at least 50 illegally parked cars and not one parking enforcement officer.

At £60 a fine, that's around £3,000 the council have lost. In just one 20 minute drive through. 

The amount of people that STILL want to pick an argument with my 3 ton van that I don't own.

Mate, I'm following the highway code. If you want to pull out in front of me at a roundabout/junction to save yourself 3 seconds, don't moan when I take the back end of your car out. I ain't slamming on my brakes because you're a nob.

It happens multiple times a day. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 2

There's a road in Northampton which is a dual carriageway. Left lane takes you to the ring road. Clearly signed.

The right lane splits in to two to take you over towards J15 of the M1 or right towards Pineham.

I always need to go to the M1, so get in the right hand lane, then keep towards the left at the island, which has lights.

The amount of people in the left lane, which only turns left and bypasses the lights, who try to cut me up to go straight on is ridiculous. 

Some arshehole went mental at me the other day, full on horn and gesticulating. I actually got out of my van and told him to check the signage.

**** lol

Edited by tom27111

On 06/10/2022 at 20:10, Parafox said:

I had reason to drive along Melton Road into Leicester. From Checketts Road to Melton Turn I counted at least 50 illegally parked cars and not one parking enforcement officer.

At £60 a fine, that's around £3,000 the council have lost. In just one 20 minute drive through. 

I drive along this section several times a week. On Melton Road itself I usually count at least 20, on pavements, on yellow lines, on zigzags. When I'm a passenger also I count the cars I can see parked illegally on the side streets and get a similar number.

13 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Bollox. It's bollox. Lies, lies and damned statistics. Not prejudiced at all but from personal experience of 50 years driving and 35 years professionally driving in my job, both blue light and HGV, it's women and the elderly that cause the greatest risk. 

I have been to hundreds of collisions in my career and I conclude that male to female causes of them are pretty much 50-50.

The majority of serious collisions IME have been young inexperienced and older inept drivers. Both sexes. 

Edited by Parafox

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

The amount of people that STILL want to pick an argument with my 3 ton van that I don't own.

Mate, I'm following the highway code. If you want to pull out in front of me at a roundabout/junction to save yourself 3 seconds, don't moan when I take the back end of your car out. I ain't slamming on my brakes because you're a nob.

It happens multiple times a day. It's ridiculous. 

Infuriates me. So many times, I'm driving on the main Normandy Way in Hinckley and twats pull out from the McDonalds and Morrison's junctions directly in front of me even when there's no traffic and a clear open space behind me. REALLY fux me off. Just wait for 2 seconds, you twats.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Infuriates me. So many times, I'm driving on the main Normandy Way in Hinckley and twats pull out from the McDonalds and Morrison's junctions directly in front of me even when there's no traffic and a clear open space behind me. REALLY fux me off. Just wait for 2 seconds, you twats.

Did you get it more when you were in an ambulance without your blues on?

I just think people reckon "I ain't getting stuck behind this"

It's honestly ridiculous. I'm driving a transit, I drive it normally, like a car, I'm not slow, without breaking the law.

I nearly took out a BMW 4 series yesterday because he pulled out RIGHT in front of me at a roundabout.

Like I said, it ain't my vehicle, I don't care. We have dashcams covering the road AND me. So if I do anything wrong, I'll pay. If it's not my fault, they will!

1 hour ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I drive along this section several times a week. On Melton Road itself I usually count at least 20, on pavements, on yellow lines, on zigzags. When I'm a passenger also I count the cars I can see parked illegally on the side streets and get a similar number.

I'm not in Leicester and I don't condone illegal parking, but what are people's thoughts on me, in an Amazon van, making a delivery?

I NEVER block the road, but will sometimes have to park on double yellows.

Just interested to know what you think.

Everyone wants shit delivered to their door, but it seems everyone is also pissed off if you stop somewhere you technically shouldn't lol

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Did you get it more when you were in an ambulance without your blues on?

I just think people reckon "I ain't getting stuck behind this"

It's honestly ridiculous. I'm driving a transit, I drive it normally, like a car, I'm not slow, without breaking the law.

I nearly took out a BMW 4 series yesterday because he pulled out RIGHT in front of me at a roundabout.

Like I said, it ain't my vehicle, I don't care. We have dashcams covering the road AND me. So if I do anything wrong, I'll pay. If it's not my fault, they will!

So many times. As if people don't read what's going on. All they want to do is get out of the junction regardless. It's hapenned a lot even with blues on. Drivers would pull out in front of us and then move over to let us pass, thereby causing another obstruction/hazard. Honestly, mate, I could relate so many tales of sheer bad driving as I'm sure could you. Drive for a living and your eyes will be opened. As you know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm not in Leicester and I don't condone illegal parking, but what are people's thoughts on me, in an Amazon van, making a delivery?

I NEVER block the road, but will sometimes have to park on double yellows.

Just interested to know what you think.

Everyone wants shit delivered to their door, but it seems everyone is also pissed off if you stop somewhere you technically shouldn't lol

Dropping off a parcel taking 2-3 mins on yellow lines is one thing. Going to the fuking bank and doing a bit of shopping is inexcusable

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

So many times. As if people don't read what's going on. All they want to do is get out of the junction regardless. It's hapenned a lot even with blues on. Drivers would pull out in front of us and then move over to let us pass, thereby causing another obstruction/hazard. Honestly, mate, I could relate so many tales of sheer bad driving as I'm sure could you. Drive for a living and your eyes will be opened. As you know.

That's actually shocking. 

I've seen dickheads following emergency vehicles, like their lives depended on it. Which is scummy as fvck.

I've had a couple of occasions in the last week where police/ambulance have been behind me. Its fairly hard to see behind in a transit, but you pull over ASAP, unfortunately other road users won't let you in!

They see a van and freeze!

Driving isn't hard, dickheads on the road make it almost impossible. 

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Dropping off a parcel taking 2-3 mins on yellow lines is one thing. Going to the fuking bank and doing a bit of shopping is inexcusable

I'll take that from someone who's probably taken advanced driving courses for driving your vehicle (don't say you haven't, even if you haven't lol)

But I will never block a road, or park dangerously.

I may block a driveway, but I'll make sure it's the driveway of the house I'm delivering to.

I ain't perfect, not pretending to be, but I ALWAYS have consideration for my peers on the road. As everyone should.

I'm sure @Parafox would agree, you have to be so switched on, constantly, to drive for a living. The concentration is unreal.

You might think you're a good driver, but some of you are utter arseholes lol

Yeah, I drive an Amazon van. Have a go at me if you want. 

We should have a blue light, most customers think their delivery is an emergency. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 23:29, Free Falling Foxes said:

Not surprised use of indicators is on the decline, driving schools don't even teach it!

I followed a learner yesterday, no indication of intention to turn right at the approaching roundabout, nor no indication when exiting.

Perhaps that is why they are still a learner …………