Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Twelve miles to breakfast. Going to be heading back home the long way. This is an FYI in case anyone is driving around Ketteringish and doesn’t want me to delay them on their very important journeys by 60 seconds. You may wish to reroute or cancel your driving plans altogether. 

I tried the cycle path on the A43 - I was almost won over by some of the arguments here - it tried to spit me into an artic because of its unkept nature. I won’t be using it again. 

AC76CF7C-C0A1-41EF-B389-40C943E601FC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2022 at 21:24, Ian Nacho said:

4 lane motorways. Line discipline is none existent. 

Yes. And I don't understand why. 

Highway Code:

Rule 264

Keep in the left lane unless overtaking.

If you are overtaking, you should return to the left lane when it is safe to do so (see also Rules 267 and 268.

Seems simple and obvious to me. The only reason I can think of is that drivers expect 4 lanes to become 3 at some point or that lane 1 will become an exit lane. 

Many drivers are just ignorant, complacent and/or lazy.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Taxi driver behind me at the lights.

On green he takes over me then cuts in front to take the junction on the left.

:nono:

I find that generally, taxi drivers are some of the worst drivers on the road. Them and the part time drivers delivering fast food in their own cars.

• Like 1

lol

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Did you word that nicely to exclude me?

Go on, say Amazon drivers are araeholes! 

No. lol. Although it genuinely crossed my mind that you'd read my post and feel I included you guys.

TBF, IME, Amazon drivers are decent and considerate. It's the non-franchised feckers that drive their own shitty vans delivering for some cheapskate courier, that are an issue on the roads.

DPD

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

People who don't use the (left) zip lane on Lutterworth Road at the SVW junction.  Which then leads to other idiots blocking the junction. 

The satisfaction I get passing dozens of cars in the left lane before the bus lane starts is amazing; until you get more idiots tailgating the car in front to do everything in their power to not let you in.  

7 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

People who don't use the (left) zip lane on Lutterworth Road at the SVW junction.  Which then leads to other idiots blocking the junction. 

The satisfaction I get passing dozens of cars in the left lane before the bus lane starts is amazing; until you get more idiots tailgating the car in front to do everything in their power to not let you in.  

Why? Why do they do this? That very act is one of the reasons queues build up. Merge in turn and it's so much smoother.

On 17/11/2022 at 19:40, Parafox said:

Why? Why do they do this? That very act is one of the reasons queues build up. Merge in turn and it's so much smoother.

This is true. But once people aren't doing it, nobody wants to be the one who looks like a pushy arse going past everyone in the other lane, looking like they're queue jumping even though they aren't.

On 17/11/2022 at 16:44, rico said:

What is it with people not indicating anymore?

i even see people being taught to drive not signalling...!

Learners are the only ones I'll let off. They're learning. They're not being taught to not use indicators, they just can't do everything at once yet.

Everyone else though, yeah, it's both annoying and dangerous.

A lot of drivers are complacent, over-confident, irresponsible and plain ignorant, or any sub-section of the afore-mentioned. Oh and petty and territorial too, hence the braindead sitting in the 3rd lane of 4 on the M1, without fail, in a little bubble they have justified to themselves 'because it's safe'.

Amazon driver knocks. 
Amazon driver fvcks off to his van before I’ve even reached the door. 
Pick up parcel dumped in the wet plants and watch him reverse into the neighbour’s car. 
“There’s no damage”, he lies, trying to get the frig out of Dodge before he has to fess up to his shite driving. 
“Looks like damage to me, you cvnt”, I reply looking at the rear end of the car. “Shouldn’t you be knocking on his door now?”

Please tell me this wasn’t my introduction to a beloved forum member? 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Amazon driver knocks. 
Amazon driver fvcks off to his van before I’ve even reached the door. 
Pick up parcel dumped in the wet plants and watch him reverse into the neighbour’s car. 
“There’s no damage”, he lies, trying to get the frig out of Dodge before he has to fess up to his shite driving. 
“Looks like damage to me, you cvnt”, I reply looking at the rear end of the car. “Shouldn’t you be knocking on his door now?”

Please tell me this wasn’t my introduction to a beloved forum member? 😂

Send me your bank details.

We can make this right :ph34r:

on a serious note, thats fvcking awful. If hes delivered to your house, theyll know exactly who he is. Report it.

Gives the decent ones a bad reputation. 

Rather than what annoys me on the road, there's been a positive today...

The M1 is fully open in Northamptonshire! Like no more 'upgrading to smart motorway'

It's fully upgraded and done. Not a cone in sight.

Still shit though. Speed was restricted to 60mph and it's a 'smart motorway'

God forbid anyone breaks down. What were they thinking?

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Send me your bank details.

We can make this right :ph34r:

on a serious note, thats fvcking awful. If hes delivered to your house, theyll know exactly who he is. Report it.

Gives the decent ones a bad reputation. 

I stood and told him to knock on the neighbour’s door. 

Then I watched him pretend to knock on the neighbour’s door. Then he realised he’d have to actually do it because I wasn’t fvcking off and they came out to survey the damage. 

I get you guys are pressed for time- but this one was a prize fvckwad. The massive dent in the left wing tells me he isn’t a stranger to inanimate objects 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I stood and told him to knock on the neighbour’s door. 

Then I watched him pretend to knock on the neighbour’s door. Then he realised he’d have to actually do it because I wasn’t fvcking off and they came out to survey the damage. 

I get you guys are pressed for time- but this one was a prize fvckwad. The massive dent in the left wing tells me he isn’t a stranger to inanimate objects 😁

Don't blame you mate. 

You've 100% done the right thing.

It won't be about the time, it'll be about the insurance excess he has to pay. That's why we get paid 2 weeks in arrears!

You just come clean don't you?

It's shit, but if you've cooked up, just admit it.

I've had some bastard hit my car in Sainsburys car park and just drive off. Its infuriating. 

My only bad experience with an Amazon driver was in the middle of summer and when my next door neighbours had just had a baby. 

He tries delivering to me, gets no answer, so instead of knocking next door, he literally just sticks his head in through their open front side window of the bay window. And she just happened to be sitting in her living room breast feeding at the time and was shocked to see some random bloke looking at her. 

She obviously tells me and how uncomfortable it made her, so I complained to Amazon with quite a strong email. They said they'd look into it and talk to the driver (who was coincidentally not an Amazon employee according to them, but an independent contracted driver), but you never know if anything was actually done. There was no follow up from them whatsoever which pissed me off. 

Edited by The Bear