Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

26 minutes ago, Daggers said:

This will sit well: Every single car and van driver - you bunch of dozy blind cvnts.

In my world everyone has their driving licence revoked, you have to spend a year on a motorcycle, and then take a new test to get your licence back.

If it wasn't for me anticipating your ridiculously woeful driving and observation skills I'd have been under the wheels or embedded in the side of one of three vehicles today. The lot of you can get to fvck.

I don't do it anymore, but as someone that used to cycle to work, I'm entirely sympathetic.

It's the I'm driving a car and because it's me doing it and I am great nothing bad could ever happen attitude that seems to underpin a lot of shit driving. Completely undermines both risk perception and judgement in taking risks

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Not sure whether it classes as defensive driving or not, but as I’ve had more experience as a driver I feel like I’ve started to gain some foresight. For instance, getting a subconscious thought - perhaps based on the angle of the car in front or something - of “they’re going to [enter stupid thing] here, aren’t they? Oh look, they have”, but giving them space to do that stupid thing so that nobody gets hurt from it. I don’t consider myself a slow driver by any means but I do like to try to manage a situation in traffic, easing off to make sure people have space for stupidity.

What I often notice when travelling in friends’ cars though is how close they drive to the car in front. I genuinely don’t get it. Maybe I naturally leave a bigger gap than others, I don’t know. But it wouldn’t be the first time I’d be pressing on imaginary brakes in the passenger seat.

Assume everyone is an idiot and will do something stupid. You are not then disappointed, but can be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

Not sure whether it classes as defensive driving or not, but as I’ve had more experience as a driver I feel like I’ve started to gain some foresight. For instance, getting a subconscious thought - perhaps based on the angle of the car in front or something - of “they’re going to [enter stupid thing] here, aren’t they? Oh look, they have”, but giving them space to do that stupid thing so that nobody gets hurt from it. I don’t consider myself a slow driver by any means but I do like to try to manage a situation in traffic, easing off to make sure people have space for stupidity.

What I often notice when travelling in friends’ cars though is how close they drive to the car in front. I genuinely don’t get it. Maybe I naturally leave a bigger gap than others, I don’t know. But it wouldn’t be the first time I’d be pressing on imaginary brakes in the passenger seat.

It definitely does. Ask any motorcyclist who's passed their test, how they're taught to "ride" defensively.

I was taught defensive driving on my blue light driving course many years ago and it's something that has stuck with me.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

My dad kept it simple when i was learning to drive. He taught me to drive well but said it's not you that you have to worry about (as much) but rather the tw@ts and pedestrians around you.

Anticipate stupidity or you will be the dead/injured one.

I assume he also suggested not having a 'tug' too, when behind the wheel?

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

My dad kept it simple when i was learning to drive. He taught me to drive well but said it's not you that you have to worry about (as much) but rather the tw@ts and pedestrians around you.

Anticipate stupidity or you will be the dead/injured one.

In essence yes.

However, stupid, reckless, inexperienced young (male) drivers are among the top stats for people killed in collisions.

Edited by Parafox

Departing St.Matthews along the Dysart Way roads going up Humbo Lane just before you get to the railway bridge, 2 lanes become 1.

IDIOTS in German hatchbacks LOATHE the idea of you filtering infront of them.

I nearly ploughed into the side of a cvnt BMW driver who a tually accelerated to stop me filtering in..a real Cvnt

38 minutes ago, Line-X said:

What a terrifying thought...

Unless you happen to agree with Jon that the roads, and the rest of us, would benefit from their removal from the road ecosystem.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It would certainly be one way to filter the gene pool of the complete idiots.

On 07/02/2023 at 17:01, SeCrEt FoX said:

Learner drivers in rush hour! I mean the ones that it's probably their first lesson or at least their first one on the road. Think you should at least have 5/10 hours driving first. I understand people need to get used to traffic situations but come on, 5 MPH on 30/40 limits? It must be quite intimidating on their part too. The instructors have got to be a little bit more thoughtful. I had 3 learners around the same skill set on my 10mile journey home and the situations they caused was frightening! 

My first 4/5 lessons were down country roads till he felt I was getting comfortable with the basics. Then we went to an industrial estate to deal with turns and traffic. Took a while before I went near any residential/built up areas. 

I'd have probably just got out the car crying if he has sent me into town on my first lesson lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Anyone seen the footage on BBC of the driver in Grimsby who crashed into a lorry at 100mph?!

How on earth he didn't die is beyond me. Front impact into the back of a great big lump of metal and he survived. 

Lorry stationary or moving? 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Anyone seen the footage on BBC of the driver in Grimsby who crashed into a lorry at 100mph?!

How on earth he didn't die is beyond me. Front impact into the back of a great big lump of metal and he survived. 

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Lorry stationary or moving? 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Moving, but much slower at the top of the slip road. 

Truck barriers side and rear prevent under-run if a car/cyclist/motorcyclist hits them thereby reducing the potential fatal results.

They're designed to absorb the impact and reduce the consequences.

On 17/02/2023 at 16:18, Daggers said:

This will sit well: Every single car and van driver - you bunch of dozy blind cvnts.

In my world everyone has their driving licence revoked, you have to spend a year on a motorcycle, and then take a new test to get your licence back.

If it wasn't for me anticipating your ridiculously woeful driving and observation skills I'd have been under the wheels or embedded in the side of one of three vehicles today. The lot of you can get to fvck.

what about the motorcycle tw*ts who swerve in an out of traffic in your blind spots… are we gonna forget they exist? Glass houses

I would say 3 in 4 motorbike riders are erratic and drive unsafely (usually speeding) on the roads - my personal observation 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

what about the motorcycle tw*ts who swerve in an out of traffic in your blind spots… are we gonna forget they exist? Glass houses

I would say 3 in 4 motorbike riders are erratic and drive unsafely (usually speeding) on the roads - my personal observation 

Top tip: Sounds like you're not checking your mirrors properly given that filtering is legal.

Approaching a roundabout, with 3 clear exits - to the left, straight ahead and to the right, totally unambiguous.

What possesses people going straight ahead to signal right and then almost immediately cancel it and signal left? I guess it is marginally preferable to utter c**ts turning right without signalling their intention, but the action defies logic.

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

41 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Top tip: Sounds like you're not checking your mirrors properly given that filtering is legal.

If you want to know more about motorcyclist's deaths and the cause thereof, I'm happy to include my (limited, but professional)   experiences.

Edited by Parafox

22 minutes ago, Parafox said:

If you want to know more about motorcyclist's deaths and the cause thereof, I'm happy to include my (limited, but professional)   experiences.

Riding for decades, I know who is more to blame for rider fatalities - hence my original point.

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Filtering sensibly is fine, but there are plenty of riders who are weaving in and out at high speeds through traffic which is moving at say 40mph.  

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Filtering sensibly is fine, but there are plenty of riders who are weaving in and out at high speeds through traffic which is moving at say 40mph.  

I do see this a lot. 

I will only filter if the traffic is very slow moving or stationary and only if its safe to do so, but I always get drivers who purposely try and block or drive into my path especially at the last minute, even if they're at a standstill. Why? Are you trying to get me killed? Me filtering will have absolutely NO impact on your journey time at all. And also trying to stop me merging by speeding up and blocking me? Its ****ing dangerous! Just don't understand what the problem is. I also drive but I have no problem letting motorbikes in front of me at any time. 

12 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I do see this a lot. 

I will only filter if the traffic is very slow moving or stationary and only if its safe to do so, but I always get drivers who purposely try and block or drive into my path especially at the last minute, even if they're at a standstill. Why? Are you trying to get me killed? Me filtering will have absolutely NO impact on your journey time at all. And also trying to stop me merging by speeding up and blocking me? Its ****ing dangerous! Just don't understand what the problem is. I also drive but I have no problem letting motorbikes in front of me at any time. 

Yes same, some people really are just dickheads.

• Like 1

All you’re proving to me is that you are just the drivers I’m referring to who have limited ability to cope in traffic, because amazingly I have no issue spotting filtering bikes when driving - even giving them more room so they can pass me more safely. It’s clear who the dickheads here are 😆