Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

It was ok today. I had to drive from Alnwick to Newquay but usually the M1/A1 is an absolute pain to get up in the daytime.

I usually have to drive my work van, a hi-top Transit and some people just don't like getting overtaken by a van. It's very funny but annoying at the same time, I'll overtake someone and pull into the first lane and immediately some drivers will pull out, drive as fast as they can to overtake me back then pull in front of me and return to their original speed.

Are you aware how annoying it is when you're on a clear road and someone in a hulking great van pulls into your braking zone and completely blocks your view of the road?  If you're so close that they can immediately overtake you I reckon this is what's happening.  Drive a bit further down the road before pulling over so they can see better and I doubt people will do that.

This didn't annoy me but it did make me think "lucky bastard".

I went to a m/cyclist on the motorway yesterday. He had come off and was lying in lane 2, conscious and talking.

He explained what had happened. He had been travelling at about (his estimate) 90 mph when his backpack zip broke and some clothing fell out catching in and jamming up his rear wheel. He immediately began to skid, fishtailing but somehow controlling the machine until he fell off at about 30mph. Witnesses said he somersaulted through the air as the bike went from under him, landing on his side on the road.

The only injury appeared to be a broken collar bone.

Lucky bastard!

Edit: Actually I was annoyed because it was bloody hot yesterday and hi-viz attracts the flies.

Edited by Parafox

Ha, Ha, I thought this may be the first reply to my post. The thing is, it is hard to prove otherwise isn't it.

I really am not jealous though. I do actually earn enough to buy a 'big' car, I just do not see that as a priority. I personally like to spend my money on holidays, I'm one of those people that tries to fill their lives with experiences rather than belongings.

One could argue that if a person earns enough money it is then their personal choice on what they do with their money . I choose to spend my money on holidays/experiences, others choose to spend it on cars.

The thing is the 'big car' choice does actually impinge on others (for example the driver of the Range Rover who couldn't judge the size of their own car).

Also, as I said before, I personally find it vulgar when people 'display' their wealth.

All personal views I know, but jealous? I can assure you, I am not jealous.

You hate people displaying their wealth yet you go on loads of holidays. Surely that in itself is displaying your wealth. Rich c*** :thumbup:

Never seen this before. Yesterday driving down Gynsill lane approaching the Station Road roundabout and a man was out for a jog but was running on the roundabout in the middle lane :blink: acting like he was a cyclist putting his arm out to signal when he was running across to come off the next exit. Pavements were completely clear. I just sat there and watched him go past me whilst i waited to join the roundabout pissing myself lol He was holding up loads of traffic the nutter. Surely that cant be allowed can it?

Never seen this before. Yesterday driving down Gynsill lane approaching the Station Road roundabout and a man was out for a jog but was running on the roundabout in the middle lane :blink: acting like he was a cyclist putting his arm out to signal when he was running across to come off the next exit. Pavements were completely clear. I just sat there and watched him go past me whilst i waited to join the roundabout pissing myself lol He was holding up loads of traffic the nutter. Surely that cant be allowed can it?

Are you sure someone hadn't stolen his bike and he hadn't noticed?

On a more serious note ...... :jawdrop:

Fiat 500 drivers, in their stupid little Noddy cars. Most see to have as many brain cells as Noddy too. :angry:

Oh, and if they have bloody flowers painted on their 'toy' cars (or eyelashes, as I saw the other day) they do deserve to have me drive straight through them. :@

Edited by AoWW
More ranting

Fiat 500 drivers, in their stupid little Noddy cars. Most see to have as many brain cells as Noddy too. :angry:

Oh, and if they have bloody flowers painted on their 'toy' cars (or eyelashes, as I saw the other day) they do deserve to have me drive straight through them. :@

Nah, your insurance provider is never gonna go with that.

Yeah run em over in your Range!

Nothing,yet I annoyed a bus driver his passengers and a Royal Mail van driver.

In the village I live there is a really narrow sharp bend off the high street that goes around the church,this has a 10ft wall on one side that goes right up to the road ( no path)im coming into the bend to be confronted by a double decker bus,now the only way for anyone to get by is to bump up the path on my side,if it was my company car,not a problem but I've got a 5 month old A5 s line with diamond cut alloys that will cost me £150 to get sorted.The bus driver pointed to me to get on the curb and I told him no for the reasons above,at this point the RM van was behind me and getting impatient so I asked him to reverse.They weren't happy with me but for the sake of saving £150 for a minor wait it was worth it.

Edited by cambridgefox

In the village I live there is a really narrow sharp bend off the high street that goes around the church,this has a 10ft wall on one side that goes right up to the road ( no path)im coming into the bend to be confronted by a double decker bus,now the only way for anyone to get by is to bump up the path on my side,if it was my company car,not a problem but I've got a 5 month old A5 s line with diamond cut alloys that will cost me £150 to get sorted.The bus driver pointed to me to get on the curb and I told him no for the reasons above,at this point the RM van was behind me and getting impatient so I asked him to reverse.They weren't happy with me but for the sake of saving £150 for a minor wait it was worth it.

Humblebrag

Driving onto a kerb's never affected my regular stock alloys, you've been ripped off if your fancy expensive ones can't handle mounting a kerb.

Driving onto a kerb's never affected my regular stock alloys, you've been ripped off if your fancy expensive ones can't handle mounting a kerb.

Depends how high the kerb is and what angle you're going up it to be fair.

They came with the car, but they are soft. Low profile tyres do not help.its a high kerb, the scrapping on said kerbs is a mare.

They came with the car, but they are soft. Low profile tyres do not help.its a high kerb, the scrapping on said kerbs is a mare.

Honestly it's more the tyres you need to be concerned with.  I managed to bust a tyre driving into a tall kerb with a bit too muh zeal once, I've driven on flats a couple of times, once I had to drive on one down a few intersections to get a tow to the tyre place. and through it all my alloys are the only pristine thing remaining on the car! lol  But yeah, scraping them down the side of the kerb's a different story - I used to do it all the time on my old car, but since I got this one I've been a lot more careful about how I position alongside kerbs and haven't scraped them... yet.

i thought that after, but felt I needed to say to paint the picture!

When's your next luxury holiday SW?

To be fair if I had a £40k motor I wouldn't be putting it up kerbs if I could help it.

October mate, going South Africa. Then that's me done for holidays this year. Though my sister is moving to Dubai in August for her new job so I might try and squeeze in a long weekend there if the Mrs can get it off work.

Enjoy,we are hoping to go next October.daughters got her GCSEs in May so will wait till after.

Not 40k mate and we got a deal before the new plates came out on 15 plate, they had a sale weekend gave us 6/7k off ,and the Mrs spent 4 hours there until they gave in on a price for her old car.Bored them into submission !

I did more damage to one of the alloys on the last car I bought the first time I parked it on the road than I'd done to all four of the alloys on my previous car in 6 years.

I was high on life that day, I can tell you

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

People I wrong lanes on roundabouts. Now I understand if it's a big roundabout that's rather confusing, but on a roundabout that has two lanes and only two junctions it is clear that you should be in the right hand lane for taking the second turn off.

Instead said people cut completely across me, narrowly missing my car. It's safe to say I sounded my horn and hurled abuse at the thick idiot. He then stopped and got out of his car in the middle of a roundabout to tell me that I was in the wrong lane and nearly hit him. Just can't fathom people's stupidity sometimes.

People I wrong lanes on roundabouts. Now I understand if it's a big roundabout that's rather confusing, but on a roundabout that has two lanes and only two junctions it is clear that you should be in the right hand lane for taking the second turn off.

Instead said people cut completely across me, narrowly missing my car. It's safe to say I sounded my horn and hurled abuse at the thick idiot. He then stopped and got out of his car in the middle of a roundabout to tell me that I was in the wrong lane and nearly hit him. Just can't fathom people's stupidity sometimes.

Do the lanes both go around the roundabout? Is it a roundabout in leicester?

This has intrigued me. Quite often roundabouts with 2 exits the left lane can access 1st and 2nd exits and the right lane the 2nd exit and 3rd exit (where you were coming from). Is the 2nd exit wide enough for 2 cars which then merge together?