Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

People who get offended when being overtaken. Had some guy flashing me on the drive home cos I overtook him.

17 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Driving east on the A47 from Bushby towards Houghton this evening, some idiot coming down the hill the other way decided to overtake 2 cars at once, forcing me to jam on the anchors and almost up the kerb to avoid a head-on collision.  

Hmmm lol

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The 24/7 bus lane on the A50 Groby Road. Never actually seen a bus use it. Why is it 24/7?

In Northampton, they changed a bus lane from 24 hours to just 7am to 9am.

People just don't understand. I'll drive down it, perfectly legally at 10am and people look at me like I'm some sort of madman lol

• Like 2

On 29/05/2023 at 00:38, tom27111 said:

People just don't understand. I'll drive down it, perfectly legally at 10am and people look at me like I'm some sort of madman lol

Coming off the A45 at Mereway to go to Goals.

Without fail. Every. Single. Time. Some cvnt will attempt to crash in to my right hand side by not coming off in the correct lane and cut in at the last minute. People in Npton drive like absolute spanners.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2023 at 00:38, tom27111 said:

Came on here to post something similar. Been driving down the A6 in Leicester (from Oadby to top of London Rd) quite a few times over the last month or so and the bus lane is clearly marked 7:30am-9:30am. Why have i not seen a single other person use it even though its 3pm? Like you say you get so many glares people thinking you are some sort of mass murderer.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 00:11, FoyleFox said:

The 24/7 bus lane on the A50 Groby Road. Never actually seen a bus use it. Why is it 24/7?

Class isn't it, traffic wasn't that bad or a problem in the first place even if buses were common down there they wouldn't need it, all it did was create an issue. Add in the stupid work on fiveways, adding to it.

42 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Class isn't it, traffic wasn't that bad or a problem in the first place even if buses were common down there they wouldn't need it, all it did was create an issue. Add in the stupid work on fiveways, adding to it.

Think i can remember reading somewhere that except for the 2 'rush hours' its used by 3 buses an hour and none during the night

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/05/2023 at 09:03, Daggers said:

Coming off the A45 at Mereway to go to Goals.

Without fail. Every. Single. Time. Some cvnt will attempt to crash in to my right hand side by not coming off in the correct lane and cut in at the last minute. People in Npton drive like absolute spanners.

That's a shite road. Especially the junction at Brackmills where its 3 lanes, but a junction about a mile before, joining the main carriageway. People all over the shop.

I guess you're localish to Northampton with the Kettering Town badge?

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

That's a shite road. Especially the junction at Brackmills where its 3 lanes, but a junction about a mile before, joining the main carriageway. People all over the shop.

I guess you're localish to Northampton with the Kettering Town badge?

Yep. And play at Goals every Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daggers said:

Yep. And play at Goals every Tuesday. 

Are you a Ketteringite then?! I used to be, but managed to get out lol

If I'm ever at Tesco Mereway on a Tuesday night (about 15 mins from me), I'll swing by Goals and look for the donkey in a Leicester shirt :P

33 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Are you a Ketteringite then?! I used to be, but managed to get out lol

If I'm ever at Tesco Mereway on a Tuesday night (about 15 mins from me), I'll swing by Goals and look for the donkey in a Leicester shirt :P

Team Pink on Pitch 1 - I’ll be the fat lad in goal 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Team Pink on Pitch 1 - I’ll be the fat lad in goal 😁

If you ever need a last minute spare, let me know.

I'll send my 17 year old step-son.

I'd be useless, I've not broken in to more than a light jog since about 2005 :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Closest near miss for a while this evening - in left lane turning right into Narborough Road from Asda Fosse Park roundabout, someone in second lane (right only) alongside me decides to go straight on.

It's good because you have to slow down quite a lot there because of the tightness of the bend, and the person going straight on didn't slow down at all so crossed my path pretty quickly.

Another place I have to drive through a lot and now will have to be extra careful

52 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Had some awful luck yesterday.

Yaris pulled out in front of me without signalling and I had to slam on the brakes.

Stuck behind bin lorry on one way street.

Stuck behind tractor 

Herd of cows blocking a road lol 

All in one day spread across 2 journeys. 

May I suggest it could have been so much worse...? 

36 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Oh I know, it was tongue-in-cheek. I even laughed as I was delayed by cows. 

Just a string of quite unfortunate delays. 

Living in the rural area of Derbyshire, I've been kiboshed by slow moving cows on more occasions than I care to remember... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Me too. Though round here they're usually found in the supermarket with screaming kids in tow.

And they've usually got their udders barely covered during this warm weather.

I wish the County Council Highways would trim the grass at (usually rural) junctions. It's impossible at times, to be able to see when it's clear to pull out and I have to keep edging forward until I'm about halfway across the nearside of the road I'm turning into. Or worse, trying to turn right with limited vision of oncoming traffic in both directions.

• Like 1