Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Re occurring item I know, but not using indicators.

I was behind the same car for around 3 miles earlier today. Several junctions and roundabouts (inc right turns) and they did not indicate once.

There must be someone reading this who cant be arsed to use them either. Tell us, why not? It isn't difficult?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

5 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I was behind the same car for around 3 miles earlier today. Several junctions and roundabouts (inc right turns) and they did not indicate once.

There must be someone reading this who cant be arsed to use them either. Tell us, why not? It isn't difficult?

Same thing for me today too, it wasn't a big Audi was it? I think it was an EV and trying to save some electricity! 

Guest ChrisWalken456
55 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I used to work in the Middle East and they did a survey on the radio once, about reasons why people don't indicate. The most popular response was that they see indicating as a sign of weakness. Humans are weird! 

Walking home after the match, I waited to cross on Braunstone Gate, towards New Park Street. The lights changed to red for the traffic, and these days it's normal for one vehicle to ignore a red. This time a second car speeded up and went through the red, just missing me as I started to cross.

11 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Walking home after the match, I waited to cross on Braunstone Gate, towards New Park Street. The lights changed to red for the traffic, and these days it's normal for one vehicle to ignore a red. This time a second car speeded up and went through the red, just missing me as I started to cross.

Red light cameras, speed cameras, bus lane cameras, hard shoulder cameras, stick 'em in everywhere.

There's a set of rules of the road that we're all supposed to abide by and I think it's morally the right thing to do to extract as much cash as possible from those that think they're special and that these rules don't apply to them

• Thanks 1

On 19/08/2023 at 14:04, The Bear said:

Not indicating is thr biggest thing that pisses me off on the roads. Especially when entering/leaving islands. 

I really don’t understand it, it is so annoying. Surely those that don’t indicate also get frustrated when they are on the other end of some bellend not indicating. 

In a similar vein, I simply do not understand those that are going straight ahead at roundabouts but indicate right initially.

Very interesting comment about signalling being deemed a weakness elsewhere - some people (often men, but not always) seem to regard any giving way, decency, thanks or acknowledgement as weakness. This even happens when walking down the pavement, and probably explains why some c**ts refuse to clean up after their dogs. Showing how unpleasant and ignorant one is seems to be the new normal. Goodness knows the lives some people live.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

In a similar vein, I simply do not understand those that are going straight ahead at roundabouts but indicate right initially.

Very interesting comment about signalling being deemed a weakness elsewhere - some people (often men, but not always) seem to regard any giving way, decency, thanks or acknowledgement as weakness. This even happens when walking down the pavement, and probably explains why some c**ts refuse to clean up after their dogs. Showing how unpleasant and ignorant one is seems to be the new normal. Goodness knows the lives some people live.

We all make mistakes on the road from time to time.  The normal and reasonable thing to do is apologise to the other driver involved when we do.  

However, the standard response from other drivers when they cock up is often aggression, as if you have somehow done something wrong.  

The car exacerbates.  No way people act like that when they aren't in the safety of their little automobubble.  

• Like 1

Anyone else noticing a concerning uptick in absolute disregard given to the idea that each lane right of the farthest lane left is for overtaking? 

At this point, quite often left lanes are quicker and easier to navigate than right lanes because the right lanes are so full of like-minded brain dead drivers doing the speed limit or less in a lane that is intended to be used only for overtaking, not for cruising.

Enjoyed a moment on the road last week as myself and another 'active' driver clocked that we were thinking the same thing as a string of 5 cars spaced evenly apart (wasn't a case of one holding the rest up), were doing 55/60 in a two-laned national speed limit road.

Worst case last week (and there is at least one case every time I'm on the road), was a young woman. 50mph she was doing. National speed limit. She overtook a couple of lorries so I was stuck behind her as she crawled along, and she had absolutely no intention of moving back afterwards. Eventually I undertook her and I could still see her in my rear view mirror for half a mile or so cruising along in the outside lane as other drivers took it in turns to undertake her.

If anything it's more often men so I'm not singling women out here, just this specific person.

It's a matter of education. I'm convinced people don't know they're doing anything wrong. Please tell me they don't know, because if it's that they just don't care I don't think I can handle that.

For my sanity, drivers of Foxestalk. Use the left lane. Hell, use the middle lane and it'll be a start. To think people used to bemoan middle lane hoggers!

• Like 1

On 20/08/2023 at 21:02, Arkie Bennett said:

Driving in and around the area of the stadium is something we have noticed getting worse on match days. I’m sure it’s frustrating having hundreds of people cross infront of you, or not being able to access certain roads, sitting in large queues etc, but surely the majority are aware it’s going to be like this before and after a game. The amount of cars i see speed up to get through lights before they change,  pull off quickly, or just drive like a general dick around hundreds to thousands of pedestrians is astonishing. I know. I know pedestrians don’t always help themselves but come on a little bit of deceny.

• Like 1

I was in a car park, picking up a friend yesterday. It was small, and I just had to put myself in a non space so he could put his stuff in the back and go quickly. He had just got in when a van just reversed into me without looking. I can understand the error, I wasn't meant to be there, but he never looked. More strange was how he reacted when we all got out. No apology, no acknowledgement of what he'd done, just 'take my plate' and no name, nothing else. He tried to get away as swiftly as possible.

I think I was numb with shock at it all and I really didn't think quickly. Fortunately I had 2 witnesses. It's just small damage to my driver side front wing, and now I have to find out if it is worth all the hassle of getting it replaced and being without a car etc. Fortunately, the damage is nothing more than cosmetic.

On 22/08/2023 at 01:10, Nod.E said:

Anyone else noticing a concerning uptick in absolute disregard given to the idea that each lane right of the farthest lane left is for overtaking? 

At this point, quite often left lanes are quicker and easier to navigate than right lanes because the right lanes are so full of like-minded brain dead drivers doing the speed limit or less in a lane that is intended to be used only for overtaking, not for cruising.

Enjoyed a moment on the road last week as myself and another 'active' driver clocked that we were thinking the same thing as a string of 5 cars spaced evenly apart (wasn't a case of one holding the rest up), were doing 55/60 in a two-laned national speed limit road.

Worst case last week (and there is at least one case every time I'm on the road), was a young woman. 50mph she was doing. National speed limit. She overtook a couple of lorries so I was stuck behind her as she crawled along, and she had absolutely no intention of moving back afterwards. Eventually I undertook her and I could still see her in my rear view mirror for half a mile or so cruising along in the outside lane as other drivers took it in turns to undertake her.

If anything it's more often men so I'm not singling women out here, just this specific person.

It's a matter of education. I'm convinced people don't know they're doing anything wrong. Please tell me they don't know, because if it's that they just don't care I don't think I can handle that.

For my sanity, drivers of Foxestalk. Use the left lane. Hell, use the middle lane and it'll be a start. To think people used to bemoan middle lane hoggers!

A46 between M1 J21A and anywhere north up to Lincoln and It's this. All the ****ing time.

• Like 1

What do people make of drivers deliberately blocking the fast lane when there’s a traffic jam? Just been driving up north and saw it several times. While jumping the queue is obviously a bad thing to do, it seems very unnecessary, highly provocative and dangerous to block a fast lane. 

On 14/07/2023 at 12:11, Nod.E said:

Motorway near mine is down to 1 lane for a mile or so. There are signs for a good mile before warning that the two left lanes are closed. 

Maybe 20% of passing traffic just speeds down the left lane and cuts in at the end.

If ever you're in doubt, remember this and never again underestimate the sheer volume of cvnts we live amongst. 

I positioned my car half in the left lane, half in the middle lane to block the lane, indicating right, and got dogs abuse. There was literally a sign right in front of me showing that the lane was closed.

You'll know if you're in that 20%, so tell me; What makes you more important than everyone else that gets in line? Entitled bell ends to a man, and yes I noticed it was exclusively men.

People not merging early is the main reason these lane closures create such bad backlogs.

On 14/07/2023 at 12:20, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but...

People merging too early and not using the open lanes are what create the tailbacks, use the lanes while they are open and merge in turn at the point they close.

Why would you sit in a queue for a mile looking at two open and empty lanes?

On 14/07/2023 at 12:46, Nod.E said:

One empty lane. Second and third lane fill up with abiding people.

Surely it isn't hard to understand that having to let a high volume of cars in at the bottle neck at crawling pace is slower than everyone moving along at a steady pace as they get into line? There then is no requirement to slow down to a stop and traffic flows.

Not that it's about that for people that use that left lane anyway. It's faster for them (and you), so bollox to everyone else, right?

On 14/07/2023 at 12:56, Nod.E said:

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/legal/merge-in-turn

This clears it up.

"Faster, free flowing traffic

If on the other hand you're on a motorway or fast dual carriageway in freeflowing traffic and road signs indicate that your lane is closed up ahead then it's best, and safest to move over early when you've got time to pick a safe gap in the adjacent lane rather than wait until the last second when the line of cones gives you no choice but to move across, possibly forcing other vehicles around you to brake to make space."

This applies as there is loads of forewarning on what is a 70mph road. Loads of time to move over before a queue even emerges.

Lot's of posts on this subject

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Lot's of posts on this subject

And by the way, had the same thing a couple of nights ago and isn't it crazy how you suddenly start doing 30-40mph when you get past the merging after stop, start traffic for ages.

Merge in turn early and everyone gets through in decent time. 

That 20% of cvnts ruin it for everyone and if they were all considerate, there'd be little to no delay for them to jump in front of. 

They're as stupid as they are inconsiderate.

Hey, that's life. Some people are dicks. I guess I should let go of the idea that there could be a world of exclusively good people. Ain't gonna happen. 

But yeah if you're reading this and you do this, and you didn't know it already, you're one of life's pricks. Not all tossers know they are one. Well, now some of them do 😁

People not understanding crawler lanes is infuriating, I was behind 2 cars on the A47 and the middle car indicates out and moves (so I thought) out to overtake the car in front, only no, he just sat in the right lane indicator still on with no intention of overtaking, so I had to undertake him 😩

Had an idiot come to a complete stop in the middle of a roundabout right in front of me earlier today

Not got a clue what they were trying to do as they didn't carry on like they had missed their turn off

Car was a bit of a banger though so wouldn't surprise me if it was a crash for cash attempt

Following a guy who is right up the backside of the car in front of them. As a result every few seconds their brake lights come on.

Try driving at a decent distance behind, you Muppet!

NB, I'm not driving lol

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

I was driving to Hereford the other morning.

Dual carriageway, 70mph limit, no other cars anywhere near me.

Big lay-by on the left, lorry was pulling off and indicating to join the carriageway. 

I moved over to the right, there's a roundabout about 250 yards in front of me, so I'm doing about 50 and slowing down.

The lorry pulls out, then comes all the way over to lane 2.

I've literally had to stand on the brakes to avoid a collision. Never been that close to contact with another vehicle before.

Just unbelievable, he clearly hasn't looked.

It's scary. This was a day or 2 after I was sat stationary on the M1 for over 3 hours  in Lutterworth because there was a fatality involving a lorry.

On 22/08/2023 at 01:10, Nod.E said:

This will be me tonight on the M25/M1.

I will be in the empty left lane at 65/70 cruising along undertaking 20-50 vehicles.