Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

4 hours ago, adam1 said:

This will be me tonight on the M25/M1.

I will be in the empty left lane at 65/70 cruising along undertaking 20-50 vehicles.

So frustrating isn't it. It'll work for a while but then you come across someone well within their rights doing a slower speed in the left lane.

Edited by Nod.E

I’m in Edinburgh for work.

I have just travelled from the airport to the city centre by bus (first time in a bus in years, so had to do too De h front seats).

Most of the route in there are 2 lanes - bus lane and regular lane. The bus driver didn’t use the bus lane once, apart from pulling over to pick passengers up. What’s the point.

3 hours ago, Big Dave said:

I’m in Edinburgh for work.

I have just travelled from the airport to the city centre by bus (first time in a bus in years, so had to do too De h front seats).

Most of the route in there are 2 lanes - bus lane and regular lane. The bus driver didn’t use the bus lane once, apart from pulling over to pick passengers up. What’s the point.

Should've got the tram! Great transport system up there.

How long are you up there for?

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Should've got the tram! Great transport system up there.

How long are you up there for?

Arrived here this afternoon, have a job to do in the day, and last flight back to Birmingham.

Considered the tram, but bus stops almost outside my hotel.  Only a Premier Inn, but my room has views of the castle.

• Like 1

Just now, Big Dave said:

Arrived here this afternoon, have a job to do in the day, and last flight back to Birmingham.

Considered the tram, but bus stops almost outside my hotel.  Only a Premier Inn, but my room has views of the castle.

Stunning up there. I absolutely love it :thumbup:

25 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Said it previously and never really seen a massive issue with it anywhere else but Morrisons in Glenfield is appalling for folk parking in the parent toddler spaces. 

How come? Not enough spaces? Or badly situated?

I live in Northampton, my local supermarket is Sainsburys at Sixfields. 

It's ridiculous there. Literally can't park anywhere near the entrance because of the 200 disabled parking bays.

I get the need for those spaces, my mum is disabled, and I very rarely want to park close anyway (definitely heightens the chances of your car getting damaged), but when the hell do 200 disabled people rock up at Sainos simultaneously to do their weekly shop?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

It's ridiculous there. Literally can't park anywhere near the entrance because of the 200 disabled parking bays.

I get the need for those spaces, my mum is disabled, and I very rarely want to park close anyway (definitely heightens the chances of your car getting damaged), but when the hell do 200 disabled people rock up at Sainos simultaneously to do their weekly shop?

Maybe its for 199 and John Terry 

Just now, tom27111 said:

No idea to be honest, main car park is more than big enough for the size of the shop and it has another round the back. I've never gone there without my lad and struggled to park or even had to park at the furthest point.

22 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Morrison's is awful for the amount of disabled parking. Then you go into the store and you realise why. It's the last store before the grim reaper arrives to take stock. It's like the walking dead stumbling around and date checking every single food product in case it might outlive them. 

I hate the place and I'm apparently in their demographic. :mad:

Edited by Parafox

Someone barely doing 50 on the M53, even worse than that in and of itself is doing it when it's down at 2 lanes.

I was the first car behind and got stuck for maybe a minute or two because there was never enough room to pull out safely. It was so dangerous and created a big backlog so quickly.

The funny thing is they are probably daft enough to think they were driving safely.

• Like 1

Oh Audi drivers.

Don't you understand?

When you speed into the rear of a load traffic, slam on the brakes fairly late and then arseride the car in front, swerving about impatiently.

You are not being held up by traffic. 

You *are* the traffic.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 01:10, Nod.E said:

Anyone else noticing a concerning uptick in absolute disregard given to the idea that each lane right of the farthest lane left is for overtaking? 

At this point, quite often left lanes are quicker and easier to navigate than right lanes because the right lanes are so full of like-minded brain dead drivers doing the speed limit or less in a lane that is intended to be used only for overtaking, not for cruising.

Enjoyed a moment on the road last week as myself and another 'active' driver clocked that we were thinking the same thing as a string of 5 cars spaced evenly apart (wasn't a case of one holding the rest up), were doing 55/60 in a two-laned national speed limit road.

Worst case last week (and there is at least one case every time I'm on the road), was a young woman. 50mph she was doing. National speed limit. She overtook a couple of lorries so I was stuck behind her as she crawled along, and she had absolutely no intention of moving back afterwards. Eventually I undertook her and I could still see her in my rear view mirror for half a mile or so cruising along in the outside lane as other drivers took it in turns to undertake her.

If anything it's more often men so I'm not singling women out here, just this specific person.

It's a matter of education. I'm convinced people don't know they're doing anything wrong. Please tell me they don't know, because if it's that they just don't care I don't think I can handle that.

For my sanity, drivers of Foxestalk. Use the left lane. Hell, use the middle lane and it'll be a start. To think people used to bemoan middle lane hoggers!

I was driving back from Milton Keynes and it's 4 lanes most of the way. The first lane was basically totally empty the entire journey, something about 4 lanes scares people and they don't want to use the first lane. Even lane two was barely used. I was in lane one cruising past all the divs in lanes 3 and 4 lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was driving back from Milton Keynes and it's 4 lanes most of the way. The first lane was basically totally empty the entire journey, something about 4 lanes scares people and they don't want to use the first lane. Even lane two was barely used. I was in lane one cruising past all the divs in lanes 3 and 4 lol

Happens so often on the southbound M6 as well. I've often gone past in lane 1 and chuckled while looking back at a vast queue of traffic going under 70 in lanes 3 and 4 while lanes 1 and 2 remain mostly empty.

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

People stopping at roundabouts when you can see clearly there is nothing coming from about half a mile away.... WHHHHHHHHY!!!!!

I've had to brake hard and unnecessarily numerous times because I've been able to see ahead and to the right, that there's no oncoming traffic and I'm expecting the car ahead of me will continue, but the numpty in front of me waits to get to the line before they look.

Anticipation and appreciation of what is going on around you, is important on the road.

• Like 2

Not annoyed me, but fvck me, around 2pm today, J16 southbound M1, I'm exiting to go home and some guy towing a caravan has VERY nearly lost it.

Snaking across lane 1 and 2, caravan literally going on 2 wheels side to side.

I've never towed, but can imagine it's difficult. Can't believe this guy recovered it. Genuinely thought it was going to tip and take the car. I was preparing to call 999.

18 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Oh Audi drivers.

Don't you understand?

When you speed into the rear of a load traffic, slam on the brakes fairly late and then arseride the car in front, swerving about impatiently.

You are not being held up by traffic. 

You *are* the traffic.

Or, hear me out here, you don't know how to use the lanes properly. 

Happens so often that 'the traffic' is triggered by some air head 5 cars in front doing 60 for no reason whatsoever in the right lane. Made worse because people are happy to tolerate this and proceed to sit behind them at the same speed rather than either a) making a point to the driver in front to tuck in or b) moving across and eventually getting past said air head.

More often than not it only takes a couple of undertakes or a little time in the middle/left lane and you're left with nobody in sight. Put simply, the source of the traffic is usually people not knowing how to use lanes correctly.

I do have sympathy if you're talking about massive tailbacks/congestion, though. Zero point getting impatient in those scenarios. Usually when that happens I'll just cruise in the left lane because most people seem to think the 'fast' right lane will help them to navigate the slow traffic quicker. Except most people appear to think that way, so there are more people in that lane, so it's slower. Plus you have to deal with impatient idiots who think they'll be able to bully their way through 50 car deep traffic.

Point is, there are impatient idiots and then there are good, active drivers that get impatient with idiots. Sometimes it looks like the same thing, dare I say it probably does look the same thing if you're not paying attention.

What are your thoughts on this? 

I think technically by the highway code, the driver is at fault, but why on earth you'd try to undertake a car that's indicating and slowing down to turn is beyond me. 

The fact he has a camera almost has me wondering if he's looking for a crash to happen to post online.

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What are your thoughts on this? 

I think technically by the highway code, the driver is at fault, but why on earth you'd try to undertake a car that's indicating and slowing down to turn is beyond me. 

The fact he has a camera almost has me wondering if he's looking for a crash to happen to post online.

The law now says it's the drivers fault but in reality that cyclist is a moron and probably wanted to hit the car so that he gets hits on social media and he can try get the the driver prosecuted.

He was cycling in the blind spot all the way up to the corner.