Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Do people even Indicate anymore? I hate pulling up to a roundabout or any junction any a driver is giving you no clue where he's going so you have to come to a standstill. Grrrrr

Problem is, even if they are indicating a part of me still doesn't trust them. If I want to take the first exit left and they're indicating to go around the roundabout right I'd still hesitate at the junction until they were half or three-quarters way around it becuase I can just imagine some lummox going in my direction while pointing right

Traffic lights at roundabouts. I always though roundabouts were an alternative to traffic lights, enabling motorists to look ahead and filter into the traffic instead of having to stop. Now we've got roundabouts and traffic lights. What the authorities are saying - again - is that, despite passing a driving test, we're no longer capable of filtering in safely (because they've imported more drivers than the roads can cope with) so they'll make the decisions for you. Even worse they seem to be deliberately obscuring the approach to junctions so you have to slow down and virtually stop anyway. I thought it was a requirement to observe what's going on in front and around you.     

• Like 1

Traffic lights at roundabouts. I always though roundabouts were an alternative to traffic lights, enabling motorists to look ahead and filter into the traffic instead of having to stop. Now we've got roundabouts and traffic lights. What the authorities are saying - again - is that, despite passing a driving test, we're no longer capable of filtering in safely (because they've imported more drivers than the roads can cope with) so they'll make the decisions for you. Even worse they seem to be deliberately obscuring the approach to junctions so you have to slow down and virtually stop anyway. I thought it was a requirement to observe what's going on in front and around you.     

The A46/A50 roundabout flows a lot better now it has traffic lights on it. Required because the traffic flow on to it is not even from all directions and changes throughout the day. The extra 9 seconds waiting time can be frustrating when not in rush hour though.

Do the lanes both go around the roundabout? Is it a roundabout in leicester?

This has intrigued me. Quite often roundabouts with 2 exits the left lane can access 1st and 2nd exits and the right lane the 2nd exit and 3rd exit (where you were coming from). Is the 2nd exit wide enough for 2 cars which then merge together?

No it's in Devon. The roundabout is tiny, but wide enough for a car in the left lane to take the first exit and a car in the second lane to go to the second exit at the same time, it gets thinner during the roundabout though, so if your in the left lane a decide to take the second exit you cut up other cars. Just like the idiota did this morning!

Infuriating! If said person had indicated and acknowledge they were in the wrong lane, fine, but they were wrong and shouted at me.

No it's in Devon. The roundabout is tiny, but wide enough for a car in the left lane to take the first exit and a car in the second lane to go to the second exit at the same time, it gets thinner during the roundabout though, so if your in the left lane a decide to take the second exit you cut up other cars. Just like the idiota did this morning!

Infuriating! If said person had indicated and acknowledge they were in the wrong lane, fine, but they were wrong and shouted at me.

arsehole of the highest order

Frankly if I was PM I'd rescind everybody's licence and test them personally before they're allowed back on the road.  Obviously there'd be a long waiting list but tough tits - thank the entire country for not being able to use the left-hand lane despite it being the first thing you think of when the subject of driving in the UK gets brought up in conversation.  That and the national proclivity for having no common sense/decency on the roads whatsoever.

• Like 1

Frankly if I was PM I'd rescind everybody's licence and test them personally before they're allowed back on the road.  Obviously there'd be a long waiting list but tough tits - thank the entire country for not being able to use the left-hand lane despite it being the first thing you think of when the subject of driving in the UK gets brought up in conversation.  That and the national proclivity for having no common sense/decency on the roads whatsoever.

You'd be ok with me undertaking, wouldn't you? :fc:

You'd be ok with me undertaking, wouldn't you? :fc:

Absolutely, in fact it would be mandatory for all citizens to do so when some ****'s out of lane.  I would also abolish all speed cameras and implement a shotgun policy for all cyclists running a red light.

The cvnts side by side on bikes this evening ,holding up traffic when 2ft to their left was a brand spanking multi million pound 5 mile cycle path that is wide ,and as smooth as a babies ass.

This would get the death penalty.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Is it bad that I'm learning to drive and when people post "in the left hand lane blah blah 3rd exit, wrong lane, cut me up blah blah " I struggle to visualise the situation ?

Are the lanes marked out or is it simply a wide road where general consensus is to do your two-lane trick?  If it's the former then he's a complete willy puller, if it's the latter then he's technically correct but still a complete willy puller with no common sense.  Either way he'd have his licence replaced with a bus pass in my driving utopia.

Is it bad that I'm learning to drive and when people post "in the left hand lane blah blah 3rd exit, wrong lane, cut me up blah blah " I struggle to visualise the situation ?

Yes.  Shoot yourself immediately for being bad at road things.

Problem is, even if they are indicating a part of me still doesn't trust them. If I want to take the first exit left and they're indicating to go around the roundabout right I'd still hesitate at the junction until they were half or three-quarters way around it becuase I can just imagine some lummox going in my direction while pointing right

I was in the passenger seat with my dad the other day he's in his 60s has tons of driving experience drove millions of miles but i noticed he has this annoying habit of never indicating on a roundabout then indicates for like 2 seconds when he has already turned off. Was trying to tell him what he is doing wrong and he's havng none of it

I hate it when driving along around 30/40mph and someone pulls out on you from a side road causing you to break quite firmly. They then drive really slowly and are oblivious as to what they've just done.

THIS, a thousand times! Every single fooking day! If you're going to pull out, the idea is that the car coming behind you shouldn't have to slow down!

When people are travelling at say 60 and then come into a built up area and slam their brakes on to go down to 30, why cant they just decrease their speed more gradually!

Oh and hot girls walking, I've had many near accidents through staring at them.

Edited by Ollie93

When people are travelling at say 60 and then come into a built up area and slam their brakes on to go down to 30, why cant they just decrease their speed more gradually!

Oh and hot girls walking, I've had many near accidents through staring at them.

hqdefault.jpg

There is a Infant and Junior school right outside my house and in the mornings and at 3.30 the speed limit turns to 20mph that is fine safety for kids come first, but i can honestly say i have seen guys doing 60 or faster on this road, There are no speed cameras in my county but i would love to see these ****wits get caught, I hate sneaky police vans like the next man but they are dangerous as ****

People that do 40 every feckin where!? Is this the new energy efficient speed or something? It seems everyone around here does this now. 40 on a road that is easily safe to do 55-60 on and a national speed limit, they do 40. Go into a 30 zone where I always slow down to respect the village locals etc, they continue to do 40.

Where is the logic in this? If it is safe to do 40 in a 30 then it's fecking safe to do more than 40 in a national! Every day I get this on the same road, different people I follow. Most annoyingly 40 is a very uneconomic speed and requires you to be in a lower gear for more of the time, esp with hills round here. If I was cruising at 50 along that road it would be safe and far more economic.

Then Tourists! Living in Devon, we get them a lot as I'm sure you can imagine. I have passed a lay by on my way to work every day this week, parked in it is a caravan, no not a pike caravan of a skint person, but a big posh caravan, worth 25000 pounds (I looked it up online, it's proper luxury), and to top it all off the caravan is being hauled by a brand new 15 plate Audi. If your that rich, stop scamming local businesses in my area and park up at a camp site as legislation and law states! They would have saved over 700 pounds in pitch fees this week! Infuriating!

People that do 40 every feckin where!? Is this the new energy efficient speed or something? It seems everyone around here does this now. 40 on a road that is easily safe to do 55-60 on and a national speed limit, they do 40. Go into a 30 zone where I always slow down to respect the village locals etc, they continue to do 40.

Where is the logic in this? If it is safe to do 40 in a 30 then it's fecking safe to do more than 40 in a national! Every day I get this on the same road, different people I follow. Most annoyingly 40 is a very uneconomic speed and requires you to be in a lower gear for more of the time, esp with hills round here. If I was cruising at 50 along that road it would be safe and far more economic.

Then Tourists! Living in Devon, we get them a lot as I'm sure you can imagine. I have passed a lay by on my way to work every day this week, parked in it is a caravan, no not a pike caravan of a skint person, but a big posh caravan, worth 25000 pounds (I looked it up online, it's proper luxury), and to top it all off the caravan is being hauled by a brand new 15 plate Audi. If your that rich, stop scamming local businesses in my area and park up at a camp site as legislation and law states! They would have saved over 700 pounds in pitch fees this week! Infuriating!

You sure the car didn't have a puncture and it was broke down in the lay by.