Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

People that do 40 every feckin where!? Is this the new energy efficient speed or something? It seems everyone around here does this now. 40 on a road that is easily safe to do 55-60 on and a national speed limit, they do 40. Go into a 30 zone where I always slow down to respect the village locals etc, they continue to do 40.

Where is the logic in this? If it is safe to do 40 in a 30 then it's fecking safe to do more than 40 in a national! Every day I get this on the same road, different people I follow. Most annoyingly 40 is a very uneconomic speed and requires you to be in a lower gear for more of the time, esp with hills round here. If I was cruising at 50 along that road it would be safe and far more economic.

Then Tourists! Living in Devon, we get them a lot as I'm sure you can imagine. I have passed a lay by on my way to work every day this week, parked in it is a caravan, no not a pike caravan of a skint person, but a big posh caravan, worth 25000 pounds (I looked it up online, it's proper luxury), and to top it all off the caravan is being hauled by a brand new 15 plate Audi. If your that rich, stop scamming local businesses in my area and park up at a camp site as legislation and law states! They would have saved over 700 pounds in pitch fees this week! Infuriating!

On a side note to that, I haven't got a clue how some country roads you're allowed to do 60 when the road surface is bumpy and there's blind bends and thin lanes everywhere. Il stick to around 40 on those buggers.

On a side note to that, I haven't got a clue how some country roads you're allowed to do 60 when the road surface is bumpy and there's blind bends and thin lanes everywhere. Il stick to around 40 on those buggers.

Most roads in devon you can cruise at, at least 50. Cornwall on the other hand, is a completely different story.

People that do 40 every feckin where!? Is this the new energy efficient speed or something? It seems everyone around here does this now. 40 on a road that is easily safe to do 55-60 on and a national speed limit, they do 40. Go into a 30 zone where I always slow down to respect the village locals etc, they continue to do 40.

Where is the logic in this? If it is safe to do 40 in a 30 then it's fecking safe to do more than 40 in a national! Every day I get this on the same road, different people I follow. Most annoyingly 40 is a very uneconomic speed and requires you to be in a lower gear for more of the time, esp with hills round here. If I was cruising at 50 along that road it would be safe and far more economic.

Nerves me no end that.  There's a road near me which had a 70km/h limit, which eventually becomes a 50 limit. I'd ALWAYS get stuck behind some pillock holding me up doing 60 in the 70 bit, then buggering off into the distance when I slow down for the 50 section.  Are they unsure when the limit applies so they just do the average and hope for the best?  I honestly don't understand.  It seems this is something which has been brought to the council's attention too because the limit has since been changed... to a flat 50 everywhere.

This is why I favour taking idiots off the road because otherwise we need to ruin everyone's journeys just to accommodate the lowest fvcking denomongoloids.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Just come back from a very nice week in Suffolk.

My big v6 made the journey there, back and around effortless.

One of the massive differences over there are the roads.

There's sod all on them. You just get in the car, drive to where you wanna drive, and come back. No speed cameras (where we were), no speed bumps, very few traffic lights etc...

Been back in Leicester for about an hour and, you guessed it, got caught along the Lutterworth Road for about half an hour to drive a mile! Apparently the Soar Valley way is shut.

Leicester's roads just cannot cope with the volume of traffic on them. One of the reasons why, when we can, we are outta here and will aim to live at the coast. Probably Norfolk.

Just come back from a very nice week in Suffolk.

My big v6 made the journey there, back and around effortless.

One of the massive differences over there are the roads.

There's sod all on them. You just get in the car, drive to where you wanna drive, and come back. No speed cameras (where we were), no speed bumps, very few traffic lights etc...

Been back in Leicester for about an hour and, you guessed it, got caught along the Lutterworth Road for about half an hour to drive a mile! Apparently the Soar Valley way is shut.

Leicester's roads just cannot cope with the volume of traffic on them. One of the reasons why, when we can, we are outta here and will aim to live at the coast. Probably Norfolk.

Don't choose anywhere close to the A47 then, unless you want to be stuck in traffic endlessly. Not all of Norfolk/Suffolk is traffic-free, far from it! 

Guest Col city fan

Don't choose anywhere close to the A47 then, unless you want to be stuck in traffic endlessly. Not all of Norfolk/Suffolk is traffic-free, far from it!

Cheers for the info. We sometimes have gotten stuck on the Guyhirn straight (have I spelt that right?), but never further on.

And since the bypass around Thorney has opened, it's been soon much better.

Having lived near here I can also vouch for that road being slow. Traffic around Peterborough always used to be bad as well. More Cambridgeshire I suppose but used to travel in around Suffolk and Norfolk often as a child. Some areas nice and quiet though.

Braunstone lane east, lovely road to drive along, especially past the church, but by heck if there's one small traffic works or something, life stands still

Use that road every day, the lights on the hill at the top are a nightmare if the first few cars want to turn right, been in many a queue on that road.

Neighbours who park on your land despite you paying for and handing them official documentation that states it isn't there land to park on, and is private for us and us only to use. They are allowed access across it to their land but according to them in there ****ed up Essex logic, shared ACCESS means, Anyone's to park on. Grrr fecking idiots!

Neighbours who park on your land despite you paying for and handing them official documentation that states it isn't there land to park on, and is private for us and us only to use. They are allowed access across it to their land but according to them in there ****ed up Essex logic, shared ACCESS means, Anyone's to park on. Grrr fecking idiots!

Bet they'd stop doing it if you got them towed.

Bet they'd stop doing it if you got them towed.

It is tempting! Just can't be bothered with the court case afterwards. Their dad is a rich director of EDF energy, bet he would be able to tip off any court case with a flashy lawyer.

People who swing out into the road to take a turning when there is really no need to do so. You are driving a vauxhall corsa not an articulated lorry!

That pisses me right off. Can understand if it's a huge van or something but absolutely no need in a little hatchback you stupid bellend

They cannot learn to drive properly if they have their licence taken away.

In a pickity mood today I want to take it out on someone.

I have lost faith in humanity.

How does anyone learn to drive if you need a full license before you can practice?

• Like 1

That pisses me right off. Can understand if it's a huge van or something but absolutely no need in a little hatchback you stupid bellend

I'm glad im not the only one!

Trucking factors on motorways.

Didn't think they were allowed on motor ways?

Didn't think they were allowed on motor ways?

He was on the hard-shoulder, cutting bushes.

Dangerous as the tractor was as wide as the HS lane.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Tailgaters, who cant see further than their own car front, they dont have an eye for the complete road ahead.

I had one yesterday, as I moved out to overtake 2 caravans and a lorry, I was already doing 125km on a 120km stretch, when I looked in the mirror before I made my move there were 2 slower cars on the outside lane, who moved in with this idiot ca 500meters away (on a long curve), he must of been doing 160km, plus the traffic ahead ca 300m in 3 lanes were slower than me, by about 10kpm.

Idiots who break on the motorway to let, cars entering in, or cars entering the motorway, believing they have the right of way, not understanding its them they need to stop on the slipway if need be .Filter means keeping up with the flow, not forcing your way in.

I Drive fast, but more than prepared to move in if cars are faster, even prepared to wait before overtaking, if someone is nearer and faster.I dont hog the middle or outside lane, but do realise people make mistakes, in fact all of us.

I tell my kids, before they go crazy over other drivers, it might be they have driven 20yrs with the manoeuver being their 1st silly lack of thought.I dont argue when driving in the car, I never turned around to speak to a passenger/child, I Never lose it, if someone is in the wrong lane, or indicates he needs to cross over, traffic because too late in filtering.

A couple of years ago while back in the shire, I noticed quite a few signs, especially those showing traffic lanes for direction, being covered with trees or bushes...

What is tops, most of Europe have used the idea of traffic islands, instead of traffic lights, something they copied from UK.

Edited by fuchsntf

you missed. what you mean that white line is to mark lanes on the motorway.

having only experienced naples motorways as a passenger I was a little concerned that I was gonna end up with a driver of another car on my lap at some point.

Naples is insane to drive around,until the other day I'd say it's the scariest place I've driven.Now that award goes to Palermo,jesus christ I've never laughed so much whilst actually shitting myself.