Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

10 hours ago, Benguin said:

Tailgaters when queueing in the overtaking lane but half a mile ahead a lorry is overtaking. Drives me crazy - are you blind or just selfish, I exercised a complete lack of grace and continued to drive at 55 once the lorry had overtaken and took a whole minute longer to overtake the line of lorries . The guy then drew level wound his window down and uttered a few choice words. 

I had this on the A46 last week. Stuck in a queue behind a truck overtaking another in the outer lane. Idiot self entitled dick in a BMW so close behind me I couldn't see the grille or bonnet badge in my mirror. It was obvious that I could only go at the same speed as the truck. When eventually I was able to get back into lane 1 he came up beside me and flicked the V's.

Twats, these people.

Driving along the a6006 along the asfordby bypass when I got to the bad bends at shoby, I had a works van up my backside, he tried before and after the shoby crossroads to overtake but had to pull back in, I was turning onto the a46 slip road and indicated early enough and flashed a hgv to pull out before I turned said van driver was now behind a lorry for the next part of his journey.  That felt good 😀

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I had this on the A46 last week. Stuck in a queue behind a truck overtaking another in the outer lane. Idiot self entitled dick in a BMW so close behind me I couldn't see the grille or bonnet badge in my mirror. It was obvious that I could only go at the same speed as the truck. When eventually I was able to get back into lane 1 he came up beside me and flicked the V's.

Twats, these people.

It was 46 for me and a beamer so probably the same guy! 

Guest Col city fan

Leicester’s roads really are utterly dreadful.

You only have to spend time in the country (in our case, Lincolnshire) to fully appreciate just how bad getting around Leicester has become.

Even in the height of summer, loads of the roads we drive on around the Lincolnshire coast and a bit inland, have so few cars on them. It’s actually wonderful being able to get from a to b in a fraction of the time it would take in Leicester.

I believe there are just too many cars on Leicester’s roads.The road network just can’t manage the volume of traffic on it. Couple that with more traffic lights,by geographical size, than most other cities in the UK and a Mayor who insists on putting cycle lanes everywhere and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.

But as I say, to really be able to appreciate just how bad Leicester has become, go somewhere with fewer cars on the road. The difference is huge.

You know it's the school holidays when you see some of the state of the driving on the motorways/dual carriageways for the people that never go on them. Tootling along the outside lane of the A46 going about 35mph completely oblivious to the fact everyone's undertaking them. 

• Haha 1

Today, a driver doing 27mph on the 50mph from Croft to Narborough, maintaining the 27mph through the 40mph, and then drifting across the lanes on the roundabout and almost side swiping me.

I went past him and had a look, he looked very old and frail, had a tube in his nose.

It is insane that there is no testing for drivers once they hit a certain age. This bloke honestly shouldn't be trusted to operate a microwave let alone a car. He's going to kill himself or somebody else. 

• Like 2

The blooming roads themselves. I'm staying in deepest darkest Dorset and you cannot get to the accommodation without driving down the narrowest lanes I've had the stress of ever driving down. They really are something else - I have a rule that if there's grass growing down the middle of the road, or loads of stones in the middle of it, you've gone wrong. Every road is like that here

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The blooming roads themselves. I'm staying in deepest darkest Dorset and you cannot get to the accommodation without driving down the narrowest lanes I've had the stress of ever driving down. They really are something else - I have a rule that if there's grass growing down the middle of the road, or loads of stones in the middle of it, you've gone wrong. Every road is like that here

I don't tend to go to Dorset, but when it's mentioned this always pops into my head for some reason

image.jpeg.4cd6bd766a196667c3a34997c654abbc.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I don't tend to go to Dorset, but when it's mentioned this always pops into my head for some reason

image.jpeg.4cd6bd766a196667c3a34997c654abbc.jpeg

I can't imagine the people of Dorset getting up to stuff like this, it's all far too nice for that. 

They just need to cut these stupid high hedges down a bit

5 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Today, a driver doing 27mph on the 50mph from Croft to Narborough, maintaining the 27mph through the 40mph, and then drifting across the lanes on the roundabout and almost side swiping me.

I went past him and had a look, he looked very old and frail, had a tube in his nose.

It is insane that there is no testing for drivers once they hit a certain age. This bloke honestly shouldn't be trusted to operate a microwave let alone a car. He's going to kill himself or somebody else. 

Sounds very much like the bloke I was stuck behind last weekend on the way to Shepshed. 20 - 25mph in the 50mph and then slowed down once we got the 30mph .

6 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

It’s a struggle to keep up with testing new drivers.Retesting let’s say every 70 year old would be impossible.I remember this being explained many years ago on a radio debate.I doubt anything has changed.

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

What is it about reservoir Road in Thornton that brings out cretinous behaviour 

Puddings who just drive down the middle of it? 

16 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Puddings who just drive down the middle of it? 

Terrible parking, people who just don’t give a shit about the right of way, pedestrians stepping out, the works

Driving down the A14 yesterday at just over 70, overtaking a lorry, and an Audi sat behind me flashing his lights. Me being petty, slowed down and sat next to the lorry for the next few miles just to watch the bloke get more and more irritated in his car. If he had waited a few more seconds I'd have been pulling over anyway as there wasn't alot on the road Infront of behind. I don't get why he felt the need to flas his lights while sat right up my arse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Temporary lights at the Junction where Everyone Active is in Wigston. Waiting to come out of the gym (it's a long wait as it's 4 way lights and takes forever). Some utter moron of a woman starts papping their hooter behind us, like, why? It's on a red light love, then proceeds to overtake us and stop beyond the temporary lights, and now can't see when the lights go green. 

What f***** planet are some people on. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the M1 back home after going to Lens this weekend, someone in a Tesla in the far right lane doing 70, sat really far forward basically hunched over the steering wheel

Took being undertaken by about 4 or 5 cars until they moved over

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

On the M1 back home after going to Lens this weekend, someone in a Tesla in the far right lane doing 70, sat really far forward basically hunched over the steering wheel

You were in Lens and still beat everyone to posting the Bounanotte signing announcement yesterday? Save some X for the rest of us mate...

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2024 at 08:31, Babylon said:

Temporary lights at the Junction where Everyone Active is in Wigston. Waiting to come out of the gym (it's a long wait as it's 4 way lights and takes forever). Some utter moron of a woman starts papping their hooter behind us, like, why? It's on a red light love, then proceeds to overtake us and stop beyond the temporary lights, and now can't see when the lights go green. 

What f***** planet are some people on. 

Their own.

On 11/08/2024 at 14:56, moore_94 said:

On the M40 on Saturday evening, small car 50mph middle lane.

Oblivious to whats going on around them, as evidenced by them not noticing me flashing them when behind them plus other cars beeping etc.

Took me to pull alongside, call them a cnt and to move over, for them to do so.

I have to be careful what I say, but a disproportionate number of these offenders are not......

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

There seems to be roadworks practically everywhere you look right now. Something of a farce.

And nobody ever there working.

All this 50mph on M1 for new safety areas, why not just do a couple junctions at a time instead of taking five or six junctions at one go.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

There seems to be roadworks practically everywhere you look right now. Something of a farce.

They always do them in the school summer holidays

On 28/07/2024 at 21:12, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'd probably take Dorset over Scotland. 

I had a stand off with a bull.

Screenshot_20240813_220750_Gallery.jpg

15 hours ago, leicsmac said:

LFE at the minute. Gridlock both ways on the A47 due to roadworks at both ends of the village.