Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

The flashing traingles on mine are one of the best bits of tech and I'll admit I dont usually look over my shoulder and rely on it, yes. 

That's interesting. It wouldn't be my own instinct to trust it to that extent, but it's quite likely that's it's at least as reliable as me and probably more so.

It has helped me on a couple of occasions so I was very pleased when I found my new car had it as well

5 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Changing the subject, if you're in the green car below, which of the two (both correct) options would you choose when leaving the roundabout? The left or right lane?

image.png.baed4ce28ae2d43950363e162482058d.png

I have this situation on the way home from work every day, and I always use the right hand lane on the exit now - because there is always someone coming approaching from the left lane of the bottom left entrance who will come off at the same exit as me(ie they are going straight on), they definitely will not be giving way to traffic from the right when they join the roundabout at a squilluon miles an hour and try to undertake you as you are about to take the exit - so I find it easier to exit in the right of the two lanes then check mirrors carefully after exiting to ensure an absence of speeding clown approaching before safely moving into the left lane after the roundabout.

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

I have this situation on the way home from work every day, and I always use the right hand lane on the exit now - because there is always someone coming approaching from the left lane of the bottom left entrance who will come off at the same exit as me(ie they are going straight on), they definitely will not be giving way to traffic from the right when they join the roundabout at a squilluon miles an hour and try to undertake you as you are about to take the exit - so I find it easier to exit in the right of the two lanes then check mirrors carefully after exiting to ensure an absence of speeding clown approaching before safely moving into the left lane after the roundabout.

That's EXACTLY what happens to me, not all the time but too blooming often.

Always winds me up most when the roundabout is marked with lanes that actually direct you to the left lane on exit when turning right (like the one on Glenfield Road/New Parks Way).

If you're not sure how the roundabout works, surely you cut out the risk by letting the traffic already on it go past first?

Think I'll have to start going for the right hand one as well, probably easier

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

What are those orange flashing things on those cars?

They are called 'Indicators' (or overtakers as my daughters used to call them) You dont see them very often now as most people seem to think that because they know where they are going everybody else should as well

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

What are those orange flashing things on those cars?

Clearly driven by people on their driving test. 

Once that's been passed, they become obsolete.

On 03/09/2024 at 18:43, NAKC20 said:

They are called 'Indicators' (or overtakers as my daughters used to call them) You dont see them very often now as most people seem to think that because they know where they are going everybody else should as well

Are you Adam1's second user account?  😆 

Edited by The Blur
  • Haha 3

People who crawl along on the slip road to merge onto motorways or busy A roads. Getting in the A46 today at Groby heading towards M1. Car in front going 30mph as we are ready to merge on with traffic on the carriageway doing 65-70. Seriously dangerous. Get your speed up you clown. 

9 hours ago, OwnGoal said:

People who crawl along on the slip road to merge onto motorways or busy A roads. Getting in the A46 today at Groby heading towards M1. Car in front going 30mph as we are ready to merge on with traffic on the carriageway doing 65-70. Seriously dangerous. Get your speed up you clown. 

I'm not sure merging onto motorways etc is a driving test requirement, but it should be.

If you drive the opposite way on the A46 towards Syston, the slip road from Wanlip is incredibly short resulting in sudden, slow merging traffic, causing difficulties for faster moving traffic on the main carriageway where the lanes already start to merge over into the A46 N/Bound, and away for Syston/Thurmaston. That is a bad junction.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2024 at 15:55, Bellend Sebastian said:

Changing the subject, if you're in the green car below, which of the two (both correct) options would you choose when leaving the roundabout? The left or right lane?

image.png.baed4ce28ae2d43950363e162482058d.png

I wouldn't. I'd be driving the gray car, maintaining cornering speed and cutting you up on the inside before powering away with my aftermarket exhaust rattling through the air. The blue and orange cars would stop and applaud, your green car would start stuttering due to a fuelling issue. The ladies at the bus stop would remember me making them moist and press themselves against me later in a town centre pub during Happy Hour. I may have intercourse with one of them by the bins and pass on an irritating STD. The police wanted to speak to me about my driving behaviour but your dashcam footage was corrupted - they have nothing.

22 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I wouldn't. I'd be driving the gray car, maintaining cornering speed and cutting you up on the inside before powering away with my aftermarket exhaust rattling through the air. The blue and orange cars would stop and applaud, your green car would start stuttering due to a fuelling issue. The ladies at the bus stop would remember me making them moist and press themselves against me later in a town centre pub during Happy Hour. I may have intercourse with one of them by the bins and pass on an irritating STD. The police wanted to speak to me about my driving behaviour but your dashcam footage was corrupted - they have nothing.

So it WAS you! 

I knew it

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Parafox said:

I'm not sure merging onto motorways etc is a driving test requirement, but it should be.

On 06/09/2024 at 10:08, OwnGoal said:

These are a pet hate of mine, I drive on the A46 every day and joining it can be a nightmare due to these pratts. 

What makes it even more infuriating is that many of them, once they have joined and caused carnage, they will quickly accelerate to 60mph+

Its like they think they can only go at the speed once they have joined the carriageway.

Some seem to think that traffic already on the carriage way have to give way to them joining.

As for those who stop and indicate, I have moaned enough on here.

Top tip, go slower then them and give yourself some extra room. I've even slowed to a stop and watched a really bad near miss. 

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

These are a pet hate of mine, I drive on the A46 every day and joining it can be a nightmare due to these pratts. 

What makes it even more infuriating is that many of them, once they have joined and caused carnage, they will quickly accelerate to 60mph+

Its like they think they can only go at the speed once they have joined the carriageway.

Some seem to think that traffic already on the carriage way have to give way to them joining.

As for those who stop and indicate, I have moaned enough on here.

Top tip, go slower then them and give yourself some extra room. I've even slowed to a stop and watched a really bad near miss. 

Deffo became my massive pet hate. So much easier if u are travelling at 60 plus for traffic on the main carriageway to accommodate you than if you are travelling at 40. Then god help us cars struck behind you trying to merge at 40. 

On 28/08/2024 at 18:00, Daggers said:

“Professional” drivers are slamming their trucks into our railway bridge all the time - like, it’s the number one hit bridge in the country. These people should stick to murdering prostitutes in lay-bys because they sure as shit can’t drive.

Damn the government for fixing this bridge lol 

https://howmanydayssincebayswaterbridgehasbeenhit.com/

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2024 at 20:03, Parafox said:

If you drive the opposite way on the A46 towards Syston, the slip road from Wanlip is incredibly short resulting in sudden, slow merging traffic, causing difficulties for faster moving traffic on the main carriageway where the lanes already start to merge over into the A46 N/Bound, and away for Syston/Thurmaston. That is a bad junction.

I passed my test years ago and only got back into driving about a year ago. When I was doing refresher lessons I quickly realised coming off slip roads or being helpful for others on slip roads when I'm on a motorway or A road was something I definitely wasn't taught. Took me a while to get confident with it seeing as going faster meant being safer.

I'd like to think things have changed now with the driving test.

22 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

Roadworks on the Hinckley road in LFE again this afternoon. All the bloody time, does my head in

They're all over the city/county like a rash. 

Cabling for this ultra fast broadband is an absolute ball ache.

22 hours ago, Daggers said:

It's been a while since someone chased me in a rage because I was driving correctly. Is road rage still a thing?

There's all manner of dashcam clips on FB and YouTube proving that road rage is alive and kicking. Literally in some cases.

Edited by Parafox

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

There's all manner of dashcam clips on FB and YouTube proving that road rage is alive and kicking. Literally in some cases.

Two things I avoid except for KTFC post match interviews or match commentary.

• Like 1