Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

3 hours ago, SpacedX said:

What do you mean "undercut you on a roundabout"? What lane were you in? Were you going round it or straight on? When you say "motorbike" what was it? A scooter or a larger machine? You drove up his arse for a mile or so for what? And if that's the case, either the rider was adhering to the speed limit, or it wasn't a particularly powerful bike. 

I was in the left hand lane going straight on and he came down my INSIDE and cut across in front. Not a scooter, a large machine. I didn't check the cc of the bike tbh.

What is this, a police interview?

Overarching point is most people on bikes drive like idiots 

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Not at all, but irrespective of blame, you really shouldn't have tailgated him.

So to be clear, the rider used the lane to your right to pass you? -  (which also entitles him to go straight on). 

25 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I was in the left hand lane going straight on and he came down my INSIDE and cut across in front. Not a scooter, a large machine. I didn't check the cc of the bike tbh.

Overarching point is most people on bikes drive like idiots 

No geranalisation there then!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Not at all, but irrespective of blame, you really shouldn't have tailgated him.

So to be clear, the rider used the lane to your right to pass you? -  (which also entitles him to go straight on). 

No, I was in the left lane and he squeezed down the side of me - almost scraped my car. So he was in the wrong.

4 minutes ago, Raj said:

No geranalisation there then!!

No really Raj, just open your eyes, as a proportion they are multiple times worse than car drivers. I've seen a handful of people on motorbikes drive normally and ive been driving 18 years

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

I've recently become a little bit addicted to watching this channel on YouTube where users can submit their dashcam footage (https://www.youtube.com/@ExposedUKDashCams)

There is admittedly a lot of terrible drivers and bad road behaviour out there as they seem to be able to post a compilation video every 3 or 4 days.

The last few weeks since watching I've tried to drive as if I could end up on one of these videos one day and I'll admit it's made me a lot calmer and more patient on the roads. 

Not that I'm thinking too deep but I prefer the UK Dash Cams YT account, they release a compilation weekly. Not sure why I prefer it tbh they show the same type of stuff lol

It is interesting that in many cases the behaviour of the cammer is as bad, if not worse than the person they've sent in footage of. I do enjoy a rummage through the comments of these compilations though, too.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

No really Raj, just open your eyes, as a proportion they are multiple times worse than car drivers. I've seen a handful of people on motorbikes drive normally and ive been driving 18 years

I'd say bigger cvnts are those in German saloons like Audis or Beemers and I've been driving 35 years!😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

No, I was in the left lane and he squeezed down the side of me - almost scraped my car. So he was in the wrong.

But was he in the lane to the right of you? You were also in the wrong for tailgating him.

No really Raj, just open your eyes, as a proportion they are multiple times worse than car drivers.

Ridiculous comment. 

I've seen a handful of people on motorbikes drive normally and ive been driving 18 years

You will see motorcycles and cars ridden and driven badly. There are some utterly appalling drivers out there and also some lunatics or clueless fools let loose on motorbikes. 

Sounds like you have a prejudice against bikers. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

But was he in the lane to the right of you? You were also in the wrong for tailgating him.

Ridiculous comment. 

You will see motorcycles and cars ridden and driven badly. There are some utterly appalling drivers out there and also some lunatics or clueless fools let loose on motorbikes. 

Sounds like you have a prejudice against bikers. 

No he went down the LEFT HAND SIDE OF MY CAR. How difficult is this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

No he went down the LEFT HAND SIDE OF MY CAR. How difficult is this. 

Thanks, I initially asked you that but you didn't clarify what you meant by "inside". That's shit, and you could have been blindsided - they should have passed you cleanly and visibly in the right hand lane. Was the traffic slow moving? You achieved nothing by tailgating them though. 

23 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Thanks, I initially asked you that but you didn't clarify what you meant by "inside". That's shit, and you could have been blindsided - they should have passed you cleanly and visibly in the right hand lane. Was the traffic slow moving? You achieved nothing by tailgating them though

One could argue that he did, in one sense. 

33 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

Thanks, I initially asked you that but you didn't clarify what you meant by "inside". That's shit, and you could have been blindsided - they should have passed you cleanly and visibly in the right hand lane. Was the traffic slow moving? You achieved nothing by tailgating them though. 

The traffic slow moving or not makes no difference whatsoever. 

19 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

No offence but this is getting a bit weird, I’m out.  

No offence taken. 

So basically a motorcyclist passed you on a roundabout to the left in slow-moving virtually stationary traffic, (because he could), got in front, the red mist came down and you chased him down and tailgated him because it made you feel better. 

Now that is weird. 

Bye then. 

I've been to a number of motorcycle v other type of vehicle over the years and I would say the incidents are probably 60-40 against the other vehicle types. 

Unfortunately, by a big majority, the bikers come off worst, for obvious reasons.

My biggest gripe against bikers are those that ride big machines and wear just T shirts and jeans or even shorts.

I've seen flesh removed down the bone and the bone itself ground down as a result of inadequate protection. 

Edited by Parafox