Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

M1 southbound this morning through the average speed section (50mph) before the M69 turn off. Im driving in the 3rd lane cruise control at 50mph. All lanes are full apart from the outside lane. I have a lorry right up my arse. Mate if you think that lorry is going to make me drive faster u have another thing coming. Ive been done for speeding through average speed cameras before and wont do it again. Get to the last camera and the lorry then pulls out into the fast lane to overtake me :blink: .Im talking a big artic. lorry restricted to 56mph. Are you f******* kidding. Car in the fast lane beeping like mad. He then moved straight back into the 3rd lane as obviously once i had gone past the last camera i sped away upto 70mph. Daft C***. Some lorry drivers need to sort themselves out. King of the roads my f****** arse.

Just driving home, car in front decides to stop at the roundabout to let the traffic go (that's fine). Could see nothing else was coming so I started to set off (presuming she would) but no she waits for a fvcking cyclist (who is literally just approaching the previous exit at this stage). Nearly hit the back of her car.

Just driving home, car in front decides to stop at the roundabout to let the traffic go (that's fine). Could see nothing else was coming so I started to set off (presuming she would) but no she waits for a fvcking cyclist (who is literally just approaching the previous exit at this stage). Nearly hit the back of her car.

This demonstrates the lack of awareness of so many motorists of what is going on around them and the resulting confusion and misjudgements of other road users. Unfortunately if you rear-end the car in front it's generally considered to be your fault and anticipating a manoeuvre that doesn't occur isn't a defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading towards a mini-roundabout, look ahead to my right and could see he was slowing down abit, this absolute b*llend thought I'd be a great idea not to use his indicator and it left us both having to emergency stop. And even had the cheek to wave his arm about as if to say it was my fault.

I'm on a motorbike but I'm guessing in your first or 2nd driving lesson they teach you the fundamentals of using your indicators and giving way to your right etc?

Dickheads like him shouldn't be allowed on the road, could have caused a big accident all because he couldn't be arsed to flick his finger.

Heading towards a mini-roundabout, look ahead to my right and could see he was slowing down abit, this absolute b*llend thought I'd be a great idea not to use his indicator and it left us both having to emergency stop. And even had the cheek to wave his arm about as if to say it was my fault.

I'm on a motorbike but I'm guessing in your first or 2nd driving lesson they teach you the fundamentals of using your indicators and giving way to your right etc?

Dickheads like him shouldn't be allowed on the road, could have caused a big accident all because he couldn't be arsed to flick his finger.

I'm struggling to picture the scenario here.

I'm struggling to picture the scenario here.

As I come up to the roundabout (just about to go straight over it) obviously I would look right to see if anybody was indicating to turn off, this guy completely ignored the rules, therefore me thinking the coast was clear, I proceed to go straight over the road, only for him to swing round and nearly collide into me.

Hopefully that paints a better picture lol?! Tried me best.

As I come up to the roundabout (just about to go straight over it) obviously I would look right to see if anybody was indicating to turn off, this guy completely ignored the rules, therefore me thinking the coast was clear, I proceed to go straight over the road, only for him to swing round and nearly collide into me.

Hopefully that paints a better picture lol?! Tried me best.

If I understand this correctly he was on the roundabout and he wasn't indicating?  If that's the case then by standard practice you assume they're carrying on around, you don't assume they're going to leave anyway and join the roundabout right in front of them causing a near-accident which is what it sounds like to me...

What's dangerous is when someone's indicating to leave but then swings round, or when you're on the roundabout not indicating to turn off at all and some idiot on a bike enters right in front of you. lol

Edited by Carl the Llama

Tiny_mini_roundabout_1_-_Coppermine_-_47

Forgive me, I'm not the best when it comes to explaining.

So it is what I thought, albeit on a tiny joke of a roundabout.  He's still the one in the right here since being the one already on the 'roundabout' he has right of way and you should never assume somebody plans to leave a 'roundabout' if they're not indicating to do so.

In addition you said they slowed significantly which to me wouldn't indicate that they planned to go straight on.  That leaves you with the assumption that they're taking either the 1st or 3rd exit. Since you didn't see them leave at the 1st you could probably figure out their intention.

Last but not least, you're on a bike!  You're the one who's going to take the most damage in a collision so it's in your own interest to be extra cautious in ambiguous scenarios where you can't come to a safe assumption.

Fair enough, but if I were in his shoes I'd have made life easier for the both of us, just indicate your going right to save risk and confusion.

I'm always wary of what others are capable of, expect the unexpected an all that, but this was so avoidable on his behalf.

A taxi driving onto a really busy 3 lane roundabout at about 5mph. I pull off behind him because there's loads of space and we're both going straight across. The dickhead decides to not accelerate, literally crawls across at 5mph now I'm stuck up his arse with cars suddenly coming from my right trying to get across.

Also people that are turning right at a traffic light crossroad but they don't pull into the junction so others who are going left/straight on can pass. Light turns green, they move forward about a foot and indicate right, cars coming the other way so they can't turn yet, they turn right, traffic light is back to red and they're the only **** that got to go.

Basically just general ignorance and lack of awareness of any other fvcking car on the road apart from their own.

So it is what I thought, albeit on a tiny joke of a roundabout.  He's still the one in the right here since being the one already on the 'roundabout' he has right of way and you should never assume somebody plans to leave a 'roundabout' if they're not indicating to do so.

In addition you said they slowed significantly which to me wouldn't indicate that they planned to go straight on.  That leaves you with the assumption that they're taking either the 1st or 3rd exit. Since you didn't see them leave at the 1st you could probably figure out their intention.

Last but not least, you're on a bike!  You're the one who's going to take the most damage in a collision so it's in your own interest to be extra cautious in ambiguous scenarios where you can't come to a safe assumption.

As far as im concerned the driver not indicating makes him a massive c***. I hate people who dont indicate,especially on a ridiculous roundabout like the one above. 

Once again cyclists not using the designated cycle lane/shared cycle and pedestrian lane.

They have no right to moan at motorists who get a bit close if they refuse to use the lanes provided for their safety.

Lycra-clad dick****wits all think they're Froome

Once again cyclists not using the designated cycle lane/shared cycle and pedestrian lane.

They have no right to moan at motorists who get a bit close if they refuse to use the lanes provided for their safety.

Lycra-clad dick****wits all think they're Froome

Well that isn't true though is it?  They have just as much right to be on the road as you.  It is a bit like saying you could have taken a different route so you cant complain if there is traffic.

And if they are there and you drive too close then you are the ****wit.

Edited by Jon the Hat

Cyclist pulled into my filtering path earlier, ****ing jerk. Made it quite clear he was a **** and he moved back in. This was down Newarke Street of all places WHERE THERE IS A GODDAMN CYCLE LANE. Use it you bellend!!

Are you just inventing your own road terms?  WTF is a filtering path?

Well that isn't true though is it?  They have just as much right to be on the road as you.  It is a bit like saying you could have taken a different route so you cant complain if there is traffic.

And if they are there and you drive too close then you are the ****wit.

I get that, Jon, but why risk your safety when there is a lane especially put there to keep them apart from traffic. I don't get close to cyclists and I do give them room but when I see them pedalling along on a major road with large vehicles sharing the road space I do think they are the ****wits.