Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I am on a motorcycle filtering between cars and vans (which are travelling at around 5mph due to traffic). The path between the vehicles is clear and legal for me to use. A cyclist emerges from in front of a car which I am about to filter past and decides to use the path which I am quite clearly in, causing me to brake. This is an illegal manoeuvre, as is any manoeuvre which causes another road user to brake suddenly or change the course of their path to avoid a collision.

So for the cyclist to do this without looking behind him to make sure he wasn't going to cause me to brake, that makes him a jerk. The added insult of their being a cycle path (free of any other cyclists also) makes him a massive c*nt. It's in the Highway Code, they even use the term "massive c*nt"

I must add: 20 seconds prior to this I saw the most courteous road user ever. Just after the underpass, a bloke driving a flatbed not only pulled in in stationery traffic to let me pass, he also pulled his wing mirror in. If that was you, I want to buy you a pint.

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

I get that, Jon, but why risk your safety when there is a lane especially put there to keep them apart from traffic. I don't get close to cyclists and I do give them room but when I see them pedalling along on a major road with large vehicles sharing the road space I do think they are the ****wits.

Its not very smart I agree, or very courteous to other road users.

I don't understand why people towing caravans or a horsebox etc at 30-40mph down a 60mph country lane don't pull into a lay by for 30 seconds to let the 25 cars behind them get by. If I had such a massive train behind me I'd feel embarrassed.

They probably cant see it what with the stupidly large box they are towing with a poxy little car.

I don't understand why people towing caravans or a horsebox etc at 30-40mph down a 60mph country lane don't pull into a lay by for 30 seconds to let the 25 cars behind them get by. If I had such a massive train behind me I'd feel embarrassed.

Every Caravan owner I have ever met says they pull in to let people past. Every motorist I have ever met has never experienced this.

I believe the highway code says something about an obligation on drivers of slow moving vehicles to pull over when safe so as to allow the following traffic past:

To explain, clause 169 of the UK Highway Code reads:

"Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass."

There is no actual legal requirement though.

I get that, Jon, but why risk your safety when there is a lane especially put there to keep them apart from traffic. I don't get close to cyclists and I do give them room but when I see them pedalling along on a major road with large vehicles sharing the road space I do think they are the ****wits.

There's a wide, totally separate bike lane between Rushey Mead School and Thurmaston, I lived in that area for knocking on 20 years and never ever saw a bike on it.

There's a wide, totally separate bike lane between Rushey Mead School and Thurmaston, I lived in that area for knocking on 20 years and never ever saw a bike on it.

If you're a pedestrian and there's a footpath next to you, would you walk on the road?

Didn't really annoy me but driving to Leicester yesterday I saw some hobo walking along the side of the A47 just outside P'boro and driving back 6 hours later saw the same guy still on the A47.

Did you offer him a lift? Were you on your way back from skeggy?

Edited by Parafox

I was coming back from my lunch break last Friday and walking across the street, on the zebra.

Shortly before reaching the other end, I did notice a cyclist approaching me at high speed. But he didn't give me any indication that he'd stop and hand me right of way.

I'm glad I stopped in order to avoid a collision.

Cyclists in this city are a right pain in the ****. He then even had the decency to blame me, saying I did it "on purpose". lol To which I replied in equally friendly terms.

Next time I see that ****, he's going to get so verbally abused he won't get up again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

T'other day I was on a road with a long meander and a queue of cars parked on my side blocking the view around the bend.  Fortunately on what of the road I could see no cars were coming my way, so I merged into the oncoming lane and started making my way around them.  About halfway down the queue another car turns into the oncoming lane from another road so I step on the gas to finish the manoeuvre without obliging them to stop, pull back into my lane and think nothing more of it as the other car moves on unobstructed (it probably had to slow down a little bit).

This morning my colleague (who has only just passed her licence) came down effing and blinding about this incident - apparently it was her in the other car and I'd cut her up and forced her to emergency brake. lol 

Took a few minutes of severely tested patience before I got it to click in her brain that if she did indeed need to emergency brake it's because she wasn't paying attention to the road ahead of her between joining my road and reaching the queue of parked cars, and had she blocked my lane to prevent me finishing the manoeuvre as she was saying was her right, she would have been committing an infraction. I love it when someone goes from impotent rage to apologetic embarrassment before your very eyes.

Covering what seems to be every road in south Leicestershire with stupid little stones. I don't understand what the purpose of this is and the road through my relatively new estate certainly was not in need of them! Go fix some roads that actually need fixing like the ones with huge potholes in?!

I was coming back from my lunch break last Friday and walking across the street, on the zebra.

Shortly before reaching the other end, I did notice a cyclist approaching me at high speed. But he didn't give me any indication that he'd stop and hand me right of way.

I'm glad I stopped in order to avoid a collision.

Cyclists in this city are a right pain in the ****. He then even had the decency to blame me, saying I did it "on purpose". lol To which I replied in equally friendly terms.

Next time I see that ****, he's going to get so verbally abused he won't get up again.

I'm not tarring all cyclists with the same brush (well, I am actually!) but they don't half have a fcking chip on their shoulders. The fcuking Lycra brigade on racers who ride 3 deep/wide who clearly can't keep up with the flow of traffic are a fcuking nuisance at best (we used to call them racers! I can't think what racers are called nowadays!)

The hi-viz, fold-up bike brigade who cut you up and think they own the road and think it's ok to abuse you for no reason.

At least most MTBers and BMXers seem normal.

I'll be doing a YouTube video soon of bell-ends wearing Lycra and nut job car drivers in this city.

I'm glad I have a dash camera because there's some proper bell-ends about.

• Like 1

Covering what seems to be every road in south Leicestershire with stupid little stones. I don't understand what the purpose of this is and the road through my relatively new estate certainly was not in need of them! Go fix some roads that actually need fixing like the ones with huge potholes in?!

It's a cost effective way to reduce skidding and future repair bills, if you want more dangerous roads campaign for an end to road dressing http://www.tarstone.co.uk/surface-dressing.html 

Edited by DB11

The fcuking Lycra brigade on racers who ride 3 deep/wide who clearly can't keep up with the flow of traffic are a fcuking nuisance at best (we used to call them racers! I can't think what racers are called nowadays!)

Saw a group of about 15 of these riding 3 abreast doing about 10mph in a national speed limit area last week. The mind boggles

• Like 1

When you're entering a dual carriageway from the slip road and the car already on the dual carriageway in the first lane doesn't move over to the outside lane (which is totally clear) to let you in off the slip road. Total lack of awareness on their behalf .